• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we do NOT trade our picks, who do YOU want @ 17 and 18?

IllestPamfilis

I'm going to make mine quick then insert some knowledge on it later, I gotta get my lazy ass to my nice little cubicle job lol....

17: As you all know, Pamfilis is a greek last name. I love my greeks. Give me Giannis Adetokoubo here. The more I watch this kid's film (I can call people "kid" now, pretty weird) the more I respect where he is at such a young age. The young man is 18 going on 19 in December, I think Bud and his staff could build this guy from the ground up.

18: Gorgui Dieng. I love this guy's game. Plays with passion and physicality, something that would go well with Horford down low. He's already 23 but I think with a little weight gain and upper-body build this guy is going to be a beast!

....and SORRY IF THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS. Post away Squawkers....

Edited by IllestPamfilis
  • Like 1

In our position - with so few players currently signed for next year (and the roster absolutely FULL of holes) - it's the perfect year to just go "best player available" with both 17 and 18.

It's nearly impossible to actually target a player that far down the draft board anyway - ALL THE WAY WITH BPA !!

• Like 1

I want hardaway and shabazz if he falls.

I would agree with Shabazz - just for name value Posted Image .

Let's face it - we basically now have "AL, Lou, John, Jeff, and "Bud"". Sounds more like a bowling team or a bunch of poker buddies than an NBA team Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup

I'm going to make mine quick then insert some knowledge on it later, I gotta get my lazy ass to my nice little cubicle job lol....

17: As you all know, Pamfilis is a greek last name. I love my greeks. Give me Giannis Adetokoubo here. The more I watch this kid's film (I can call people "kid" now, pretty weird) the more I respect where he is at such a young age. The young man is 18 going on 19 in December, I think Bud and his staff could build this guy from the ground up.

18: Gorgui Dieng. I love this guy's game. Plays with passion and physicality, something that would go well with Horford down low. He's already 23 but I think with a little weight gain and upper-body build this guy is going to be a beast!

....and SORRY IF THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS. Post away Squawkers....

If Dieng is gone, I'd look at trading down a little bit and getting Jeff Withey. I would like to build the team around post defense and force teams to hit jump shots. Withey is perhaps the best post defender in the draft, great size and length. I think if he was a better rebounder he would be a high pick.

Giannis is interesting and I wouldn't be mad, but I'm intrigued by Tony Mitchell.

Man I respect Jeff Withey's game if you could grab him in the 2nd round it'd be a huge steal. He's just too slow and white for me. tehehehe. Too many questions with Shabazz IMO. Doesn't seem like the team player Bud is accustomed to.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Man I respect Jeff Withey's game if you could grab him in the 2nd round it'd be a huge steal. He's just too slow and white for me. tehehehe. Too many questions with Shabazz IMO. Doesn't seem like the team player Bud is accustomed to.

You can't follow up "too slow and white for me" with tehehehe man, come on that is umm kinda... Posted Image

• Like 3

After I'm sent to prison for choking Danny Ferry to death for taking Giannis and Shabazz, who's going to take over here as the admin?

We can set up a 'hotline' for you in the event you're going to lose it. Call and HS will have someone on standby to rescue our fearless leader.
  • Like 2

Don't draft Plumlee or olynyk .

If karasev is there, draft. If not trade down a few spots for Rice and/or Bullock

Shew for a minute I read that as "Draft Plumlee or Olynyk" and I thought I was gonna have to take your bong from you and beat you over the head with it.

• Like 2

Check out the mitts on the greek fella.

Posted Image

Looks like he's about ready to 'phone home'

We can set up a 'hotline' for you in the event you're going to lose it. Call and HS will have someone on standby to rescue our fearless leader.

I think that AHF is Hawksquawk's fearless leader. I'm Hawksquawk's instigator!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Giannis is intriguing, but he really is just a kid right now. He won't be here for a few years. He's a VERY fluid athlete and kinda reminds me of Lamar Odom or Diaw when he was skinny, but I feel the Hawks need guys who can step in and play right now. I know the Hawks need a wing player, and I'm torn between Rice Jr and Shabazz with Franklin behind those two. I'd probably take Caldwell-Pope ahead of both but I know he'll be looong gone at 17. As for bigs, it's Dieng or bust. He'll be what Thabeet was supposed to be and probably contribute right away.