• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

Looking like that, if Ellis signs. I'm wondering if we still wouldn't use our Room Exception to add another big. I've been suggesting maybe Semih Erden. Muscala makes more sense as a 4th big.

I'm hoping we bring back Petro as a safety-net Vetmin....he played OK some last year and he's got a new kid to provide for.

• Moderators

I want to, but he's making it very difficult not to doubt at this point.

What has Ferry done so far? Sign Paul Millsap and DMC? Sweep all of the old, injured, boneheaded talent out of town? Monta fits a role and that's why we need him. He is also a potential trade chip and so is Millsap. Transition is ugly in the NBA. We won't know what team Ferry and the Hawks are trying to make for another 3 or so years.

• Like 1

Im confident that Monta will have success with the Hawks. 23 ppg on 46% shooting. Horford and Millsap can take a lot of pressure off Ellis he had in Milwaukee. He had to do pretty much everything. You can't freely help off Horford or Millsap because they're great shooters. same with Korver. I feel like he'll see more open lanes to drive down than he did in Milwaukee.

You need to look up effective FG % and true shooting %. FG% tells a very poor and basic story. Ellis is incredibly inefficient, meaning he needs more shots to get the same points that someone who gets more FTs and 3's needs.