Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

On top of that, I haven't seen anyone mention how clutch Monta is. I could be wrong but I believe he was actually one of the most clutch players in the league this season. I know I saw mentioned that he was tied with Kobe and Kyrie for most shots made in clutch situations this year.

He was #10 last year for clutch scoring. Among the top 10 he was #6 in FG% and #1 in 3P%.Too bad the game is 48 minutes long.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I can believe it. This is what Danny Ferry does. Feels eerily similar to the Larry Hughes signing in Cleveland - which I hated from day one. The rest of his moves gave me the same impression - "meh."

But the Spurs did this...! And the Spurs did that...! And Danny Ferry knows what he's doing because....because...THE SPURS! He was not the Spurs' General Manager and this is not San Antonio.

I wouldn't sign Monta, but it will be fun watching a new team - just because it's new. That's all that I'm looking forward to this season.

Monta is like a small bullshit version of james harden

Bwahaha! This should be in his scouting report. Succinct.

• Like 1

I don't wanna sign him but if we do it's prolly a situation where we are buying low to sell highHis value has never been lower so if they think they can make him look better in their system then he becomes a valuable asset if we get him for a good dealI'd rather just pass but if it happens I will wait and see

• Like 1

Not a fan of his game but he is the number 1 SCORING free agent this offseason. And we are going to need to score some points. Like someone else mentioned though, I'd rather have Brandon Jennings or Teague with a different heart.

As someone mentioned he is a good buy low sell high candidate. His 3p% has really dipped the last two years, but if he can get that back around 33% we might have a 24ppg player on our hands.

Pair that with a solid year from Millsap and we could have two pieces that would be highly attractive to other teams.

I'd rather not have Ellis, but at this point, whatever. We're not going to compete or tank this season. Might as well make it as interesting as possible.

Thats my view lol. At least with Monta we have a chance to see a 35 point performance every now and then.

If Monta is going to be our PG and we could get him for around $9 million per, that would still leave a fair amount of money to spend on a bargain center like Bynum or Kaman. Could be a decent starting 5. Anyone else think they brought DC in as our defensive SF for George, Melo and Bron?

Not a fan of his game but he is the number 1 SCORING free agent this offseason. And we are going to need to score some points. Like someone else mentioned though, I'd rather have Brandon Jennings or Teague with a different heart.

Pretty much any NBA wing can score points if you let them shoot -- Ellis is a good example of why you shouldn't do that.

• Like 1

Don't knock it until you see the final product. You cant have 15 "Spurs way" players on the team. lol. Evidently DF and Bud see something in Ellis. As long as we don't overpay that is. And btw, Stephen Jackson won a ring with SA. I don't think dude was talking about this years team. HE WAS A SPUR TWICE. SO EVIDENTLY, HE MUSTVE BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Ellis Teague / Schröder (Cunningham)

Williams or Jenkins / (Korver) / (Cunningham)

(Korver) / Carroll (Scott)

Horford / Millsap / (Scott)

Bynum Pekovic / Muscalla

There. Fixed.

Cunningham can play the 1 (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynNY0TZ9i4 ) and Scott has been practicing at the 3 (and I think he'd be really good at that and could possibly see more minutes, be more useful than warming the bench).

Lots of flexibility with these guys. Who knows what the final product or typical SL might be?

Edited by MrBonkers

I can believe it. This is what Danny Ferry does. Feels eerily similar to the Larry Hughes signing in Cleveland - which I hated from day one. The rest of his moves gave me the same impression - "meh." But the Spurs did this...! And the Spurs did that...! And Danny Ferry knows what he's doing because....because...THE SPURS! He was not the Spurs' General Manager and this is not San Antonio. I wouldn't sign Monta, but it will be fun watching a new team - just because it's new. That's all that I'm looking forward to this season.

Nope ferry was only a gm in name only in Cleveland Lebron had all the real power. He tried to get Bosh and Rsy Allen multiple times but they never wanted to come to Cleveland and sometimes Lebron would just straight tell DF no on a trade idea.