• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand to ATL.

CJB

• Premium Member

Like can you read and retain knowledge or what? You do understand the whole story right? Or do you just want to bitch about everything regardless of what the facts are?

Please keep up the personal insults, you will go very far in life insulting people who disagree with you. Also make sure you do it on this forum at least, Our mods here absolutely love it when people throw out personal insults.

What I think Ferry attempting to do is keep the roster flexible and still competitive. We have pieces that we can trade, but probably still talented enough, especially if coaching allows us to overachieve, to make playoffs.I really don't think that the ownership could withstand a non playoff year, and they have probably let Danny know that.

Finally! Somebody gets it...... Its all about staying Flexible. Brand for 1 yr, or Zaza for 4???? Easy choice for DF. Hell, we can still get another big.

16 million in cap to go after players who have no interest in playing in Atlanta. Unless they are mediocre to washed up. Go Hawks!

There is a decent amount of true to that. Outside of LeBron, is there a player available as a free agent or via trade next off-season that can turn the existing Hawks roster into a title contender?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Brother I'm just making sure you don't have a disability or anything. I mean how can you not understand why Chris Paul wouldn't come here?

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Elton Brand. Why are you blathering about Chris Paul? We all know Paul wasn't going to come here once Boston screwed us. No one but you is talking about Chris Paul. And no, I do not have a "disability". I'm sure you were genuinely concerned for my health and not trying to get a cheap shot in.

• Moderators

Zaza is not a good defensive center? Smh.

Really? I don't even think Zaza thinks he's a good defensive center? He's tough as nails and gives maximum effort, he should never buy a drink in this town again but defense isn't his strongest quality.

Hilarious that Brand's reach is higher than Gotat, Jefferson, and even Tyson Chandler. I couldn't find Zaza in that list though.

• Like 1

You're the one saying we only have signed mediocre guys this off season but what were we supposed to do once we didn't get Paul? Not sign anybody? Milsap was the third best free agent certainly a tier below D12 but still a solid nba playerAlso sry for being a douche. Traffic and a hot day plus a broken Ac will do that to a man

Edited by taz

I think 4m$ is too much for Brand, probably not because he does not deserve it but because we need something else, we need more size and right now we are undersized at Center. However is difficult to argue about the comparison with Zaza, Brand provides much better defensive stats on blocks and steals, nearly identical rebounding and excactly the same shooting percentages, the problem is that we really need size, I hope we can sign Dalembert or Oden but I guess we have invested too much on Brand.

Or what the Thunder have? Or we might have had if Billy had used some sense in 2005? It appears guys like you would rather field garbage like the Hawks fielded last year, and like they will be putting out there this year. You will get your wish, a continuation of mediocrity with no centerpiece.

Last time I checked, the Thunder way hasn't won a damn thing yet. Not to mention KD is a goner when he hits free agency. So no KD, and no Harden. Then what?? Tank the season for the next great one? lol. Like I said before, its all about staying flexible.

I look at it like we are paying him 2 million to play and 2 million to go away at the end of the year. He made 2 mill last year so a 2 year deal would be around the same amount. We just get our cap room back after the last game instead of having to find somewhere to ditch him if we need the room.

He made ~$18m last year. The $2m is the bid that the Mavs put in for him when he was amnestied. He was still paid what he signed for with the 76ers way back when.

Looking at the $2m last year is not what he was valued at. That is what teams under the cap were willing to pay for his service. So it is a biased subset of teams and did not reflect his true value last year, as if he was a free agent.

• Premium Member

You're the one saying we only have signed mediocre guys this off season but what were we supposed to do once we didn't get Paul? Not sign anybody? Milsap was the third best free agent certainly a tier below D12 but still a solid nba player Also sry for being a douche. Traffic and a hot day plus a broken Ac will do that to a man

Apology accepted but remember this: you can always take a second to pause before you hit "post" if you are insulting people. I don't know if you know this but on this site you can be suspended or banned for insulting other posters.

As for what we were supposed to do? Not sign anybody is EXACTLY what we should have done. If you don't have a superstar you have no chance, none, zero, zip, zilch, of winning a title. The worst place to be is to be a team stuck in the playoffs that has no chance of winning a title but too good to lose and get a possible star player in the draft. These signings put us squarely in the playoff treadmill.

Why should any Hawks fan be happy about that?

Last time I checked, the Thunder way hasn't won a damn thing yet. Not to mention KD is a goner when he hits free agency. So no KD, and no Harden. Then what?? Tank the season for the next great one? lol. Like I said before, its all about staying flexible.

They got the finals didn't they? They're a title contender are they?

It's going to be extremely hard to get a player to build around with the way Ferry is doing it. Why couldn't we give it a shot in what is supposed to be a deep drafting class?

I think 4m$ is too much for Brand, probably not because he does not deserve it but because we need something else, we need more size and right now we are undersized at Center. However is difficult to argue about the comparison with Zaza, Brand provides much better defensive stats on blocks and steals, nearly identical rebounding and excactly the same shooting percentages, the problem is that we really need size, I hope we can sign Dalembert or Oden but I guess we have invested too much on Brand.

Brand has shown he can guard every Center in this league well. That is what you want the size for right? Or do you want size for the sake of size? If that is the case Yao Ming might be able to give you 5 minutes a game.

Dalambert is a not a better post defender than Brand. But he is taller. Who cares how tall you are if you can't stop the guy from scoring?

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 3

He made ~$18m last year. The $2m is the bid that the Mavs put in for him when he was amnestied. He was still paid what he signed for with the 76ers way back when. Looking at the $2m last year is not what he was valued at. That is what teams under the cap were willing to pay for his service. So it is a biased subset of teams and did not reflect his true value last year, as if he was a free agent.

Aaah yes, when he said he only made 2 million but now getting 4mil I thought it strange that he was getting more. EB made 18 mil last season? Damn!!!

• Moderators

I'm still of the belief Milsap was signed so Horf could be traded

So you're thinking Horf would bring us a bigtime scoring wing? That makes some sense. Not sure who it would be though.

We act like Ivan and Zaza were big time guys and Brand is like Etan Thomas. Brand, despite his problems, was a big time player in this leage and still has gas in the tank. He played 60+ games each year the last three so he isn't broken down by any means. Look at the talent, the size, the numbers, the money and this is an improvement. Milsap/Horford/Brand > Smoove/Horford/Zaza

• Like 4