• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's wrong with letting Jenkin's start?

Wurider05

I think it depends on who we start at SF. If we start Korver then we've got 2 wings who are defensively inadequate skill wise and that's going to put a lot of pressure on our defense. If we start DMC then we could start Korver or Jenkins at SG and be fine. I'm of the opinion that we should start Jenkins regardless so that he can grow. He's clearly a very gifted scorer and he's proven in summer league that he can score very effectively off of cuts and backdoor picks and there will be a lot of that in our new style of offense. I can't wait to see him getting some of those looks that Danny Green consistently gets, but a lot of that will come down to how patient Jeff Teague is with the ball and allowing the offense to work while he's setting the defenders up for the play.

• Like 1

Id say he's too one dimensional, but them rotations last year in PG at times seems to have improved his ball handling, wouldn't mind Jenks starting with Lou finishing though.

If shooting lights out and scoring at will is considered one dimensional..Sign me up for Jenkins starting at 2 this season Posted Image

Id say he's too one dimensional, but them rotations last year in PG at times seems to have improved his ball handling, wouldn't mind Jenks starting with Lou finishing though.

Jenkins isn't one dimensional at all. As the season went on he had more confidence handling the ball and scoring mid range and inside. His only major flaw is his speed and quickness which prevented him from being able to get by defenders off the dribble. Jenkins starting at the 2 is fine with me. Id actually prefer it. Its better than starting Korver or Lou there in any situation

I think the starting SG battle will be between Jenkins and Cunnigham. I think Korver will be the 2nd team SF/SG along with Lou at SG/PG. although they could just put Korver in the starting spot as an experienced player.

Disagree on Cunningham, I was high on him when i looked at his reel but the 5 mins of SL play he got so far he looked lost and the fact that the coaching staff isnt even trying to give him time on the floor even in these games that dont matter shows me he isnt in their long term vision otherwise they would want him to develop along with our draft picks. He literally is the stepchild throw-in player right now.

I think it depends on who we start at SF. If we start Korver then we've got 2 wings who are defensively inadequate skill wise and that's going to put a lot of pressure on our defense. If we start DMC then we could start Korver or Jenkins at SG and be fine. I'm of the opinion that we should start Jenkins regardless so that he can grow. He's clearly a very gifted scorer and he's proven in summer league that he can score very effectively off of cuts and backdoor picks and there will be a lot of that in our new style of offense. I can't wait to see him getting some of those looks that Danny Green consistently gets, but a lot of that will come down to how patient Jeff Teague is with the ball and allowing the offense to work while he's setting the defenders up for the play.

Agreed. Id goTeague/Jenkins/JYD/Milsap/HorfordShroeder/Lou/Korver/Scott/BrandMuscala/Bebe/Gary Neal?Petro?

Agreed. Id goTeague/Jenkins/JYD/Milsap/HorfordSchröder/Lou/Korver/Scott/BrandMuscala/Bebe/Gary Neal?Petro?

That second team would beat the starters on some nights. Deep squad overall.
  • Like 1

That second team would beat the starters on some nights. Deep squad overall.

A deep squad that still has tons of flexibility. I just don't understand the DF haters.I guess theyd rather be stuck with Joe, Marvin, Josh, and Uncle Larry. Or still blaming him that Dwight has ALWAYS said that he doesn't want to play in his hometown. Artest just said the same thing last night on NBA TV. He NEVER wanted to olay in NY until now. Which just happens to be his hometown. I know for a fact that PLENTY of NBA players don't want that distraction of living near relatives, friends, etc...... Get over it. smmfgdh. Great Job so far DF.
  • Like 1

I was really impressed with Cunningham last night. He plays hard and he's got elite athleticism. He's raw but there's potential there for sure. He's definitely not starter caliber at this point but he should provide nice minutes off the bench.

• Like 1