• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to go on the record...Hawks wins for next season?

DocWilkins

Cause they overachieved big time and a lot of their success had to do with JR Smith playing like a guy trying to earn a contract. I don't think they'll be higher than a four or five seed.

I wouldnt say they overachieved. Ever since Mike woodson replaced mike dantoni in march 2012 and Melo started playing at the 4 they had a high winning percentage. They are a good regular season team.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Man looking back at last year its just amazing we were winning that much. I mean who was on that team. Whether LD is a championship caliber coach remains to be seen but looking at the cards he was dealt last year and where we ended up its really kind of amazing.

LD didn't get his due. Every year, he was given bad circumstances and still came up winning.

In Milwaukee, he will have a tough time winning over the team. He has a really me first PG but at least he has a frontcourt that can score and defend.

• Premium Member

In this thread, I see a lot of praise of the Pacers.

I don't know. I don't think that they are a regular season team. I mean, the defense is there, but there's no scoring outside of Paul. They no longer have Shaw. They will have some issues with granger coming back. This team is in a good place to drop down but still make a strong playoff showing.

Miami is due for a bit of a fall too. I don't see them keeping the first seed in the east.

• Premium Member

In this thread, I see a lot of praise of the Pacers.

I don't know. I don't think that they are a regular season team. I mean, the defense is there, but there's no scoring outside of Paul. They no longer have Shaw. They will have some issues with granger coming back. This team is in a good place to drop down but still make a strong playoff showing.

Miami is due for a bit of a fall too. I don't see them keeping the first seed in the east.

I like Indy. Been a fan of their style of play for a few seasons now. I'm just a sucker for defense really...and I really appreciate the blue-collar mentality. I think they're still maturing - especially Paul George. I know people want to say he's overrated, but that kid has got it. I agree that it'll be very interesting to see how Granger figures into the mix...but, I still see these guys in the Top 3.

I could see Miami dipping a little...but it doesn't really matter. There's plenty of competition for the top 4 spots and I think those are just out of our reach. Anything could happen, but I still think our ceiling is around the 4/5 seeds. And that'll be a very good season.

Cause they overachieved big time and a lot of their success had to do with JR Smith playing like a guy trying to earn a contract. I don't think they'll be higher than a four or five seed.

JR Smith had 6.7 win shares last year. He's not going to cause them to drop off by 21 games.

KB21 has an amazing tendency to value stats over common sense and watching games. If he would just show us the stats and let us come to our own conclusions, I honestly think it would be better served.

KB, there is no way the Hawks are going to have anywhere near as good as a regular as:

Miami

Brooklyn

New York

Chicago

Indiana

There are teams who should be better than Atlanta like

Cleveland

Detroit

Washington

Teams on per are

Toronto

Boston

Milwaukee

Teams worse are

Orlando

Philly

Charlotte

in the East.

Sometimes KB cracks me up with his projections, although these aren't his own. I'll never forget how infatuated he was with Jim Druckenmiller and wanted Miami to draft him so badly.

But that doesn't crack me up as much as your "impactful" reference that you make that somehow cannot be measured by any stat known to man.

I want to say around 40, but I am struggling right now to see where the scoring is coming from on a consistent basis. I will say IF we get another 15-20 pt a night guy around 40 + or - 3. If not I see us going for the tank, then it is anyone's guess.

• 1 year later...

I agree it's too early...give it another month or so before you make your final predictions. We seriously are turning into a lunch pail in your face bring it every night team though. What a difference an offseason makes as far as culture.Still think we need a TRUE center and a shooting guard

A year later, I feel almost exactly the same way. Lunch pail in ur face hard fighting Hawks...no lie

Guest BraveHawk

If the Hawks can remain healthy for the most part. I will say 45 wins.

45 wins sounds about right unless the Hawks pull off a surprise addition (Monroe, Hibbert, etc) to their roster.