• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"I can't improve my body in Spain"-BeBe

Afro

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-hawks/2013/jul/18/hawks-face-dilemma-nogueira/

I really like BeBe's maturity on the whole matter. But at the end of the article he admits he can improve his game in Spain, but if he goes there he will not get any bigger.

Sounds like we should keep him here.

If the most important thing is his body (it is) - then I am convinced that he should stay here. I don't understand why he can't get bigger in Spain though....they don't have trainers and weights and calories in Spain?

• Like 1

I dont really understand the playing time aspect. Are games in Spain really that much better than practices in the NBA? I would rather have our guy battle everyday with guys we know are the best in the world, than play some meaningless games against lesser talent.

Not to mention he would still get probably 10 minutes a night of playing time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Is it true that for his 2 million buyout the Hawks can only pay about 500k of it? The rest comes from Bebe?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-hawks/2013/jul/18/hawks-face-dilemma-nogueira/ I really like BeBe's maturity on the whole matter. But at the end of the article he admits he can improve his game in Spain, but if he goes there he will not get any bigger. Sounds like we should keep him here.

I'm confused to why he only gets bigger if he stays here. Is it because he will be just sitting on the bench? Or is it because almost everybody is fat in this country?Hawk88

• Premium Member

He needs to be on the team this year, even if it means spending time in the D league at times. He's not going to get NBA type development playing overseas. The Hawks aren't winning anything this year. The philosophy of adding cheap veterans while delaying the development young players might make sense if you're a contender. The Hawks aren't and the only thing they're doing is ensuring a middle of the pack finish which is the worst place to be in the NBA.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

He needs to have Elton Brand's mom cook for him. I remember reading some article about 10 years ago when Brand became a Clipper, that his mom would cook for Lamar odom, Q rich, Darius Miles and Brand would have them over all the time for them to get some good home cookin. :-)

As long as they're chicken fried and on the side of mashed potatoes and gravy plus greens and corn bread. That's what he needs to go with his weight training.

helll I need that right now.. yum
  • Like 1