• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in the mix for Greg Oden?

Dimesadozen

I will leave this here about number 1. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1721000-greg-oden-narrows-choices-down-to-the-miami-heat-and-new-orleans-pelicans

Number 2 was a radio report from ESPN that left the Hawks off of the list that attended the workouts and there was zero mention he was working out for us. I will admit that came later, but again it seemed like an afterthought.

Number 3. He nor his agent have made mention he was seriously considering us. Refer to the article above.

Like I said I drew educated conclusions based off of past history, trends, and what was being reported and how it was reported.

As a side note Jennings was traded from MIL today to the Pistons.

I will leave this here about number 1. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1721000-greg-oden-narrows-choices-down-to-the-miami-heat-and-new-orleans-pelicans

Number 2 was a radio report from ESPN that left the Hawks off of the list that attended the workouts

well that report is garbage because here is a picture of Ferry at Oden's workout that was posted earlier in the thread.

Posted Image

Ok, but the point to it was based on what was heard AT THE TIME was that we weren't involved. I did say I know it came out later that we were.

• Premium Member

Pardon the point, but most BR and SB Nation articles are the equivalent of something one of us might post on this board if we (a) saw Stein or any other reporter tweet something about the Hawks, and (b) wanted to expound at-length on it. That's why I say that these articles far more often than not shouldn't be taken the same as something written by someone who does NBA reporting for their paycheck.

Ok this may be true but sadly it is about the only real news about the Hawks coming out. Rarely does SI, ESPN, or any of the other reliable sources ever talk about this team...unless it is to say we are reasonable contender for the 6th spot....here

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/25/nba-free-agency-matt-barnes-nate-robinson-elton-brand/2/

Altogether, Brand’s signing is just one of several moves that make the Hawks a reasonable contender for the East’s sixth seed, all made without compromising the team’s financial flexibility.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it says something that no team has given him a formal offer yet...Oden is done

I agree that it says something but not necessarily that he's done... just as likely, no one wants to bid against phantom bids. Bidding has to start at the vet minimum for any prudent GM, Ferry included.Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• Premium Member

Well, we've gone from Dwightmare to Bynummare to Dallymare to Odenmare. Odenmare is definitely the cheapo of the cheap but just like all the others, we have our date set.

Just like with Bynum, I wouldn't lose any sleep if we miss out on Oden. He's hurt both knees and in the meanwhile he hasn't really been impressive. I get the feeling that he's going to the Pellicans. Call it crazy but he think he wants as far away from playoff pressure as possible. I also think he still has a lot of party in his life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, we've gone from Dwightmare to Bynummare to Dallymare to Odenmare. Odenmare is definitely the cheapo of the cheap but just like all the others, we have our date set.

Just like with Bynum, I wouldn't lose any sleep if we miss out on Oden. He's hurt both knees and in the meanwhile he hasn't really been impressive. I get the feeling that he's going to the Pellicans. Call it crazy but he think he wants as far away from playoff pressure as possible. I also think he still has a lot of party in his life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll support this.

• Premium Member

Apparently we are no longer possible suitors...http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--greg-oden-nearing-decision-on-team-164509076.htmlI'd be lying if I told you I was disappointed.

Left us out of the list of teams he worked out for in Indy.... somewhat odd, given that DF not only was there but originally it was a work-out for us.... I don't think there's any new news here... just a re-hash, and Spears had a brain cramp regarding our involvement. Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ESPN just posted this http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9530611/greg-oden-plans-choose-next-team-friday-sources

Here is a quote from that story....

Sources told ESPN.com that Oden, after showing off his skills for several teams over the past few weeks, has not yet ruled out any of the six teams chasing him but is most likely to select his destination from the trio of Miami, San Antonio and Dallas.

New Orleans, Sacramento and Atlanta are the other known suitors for Oden. One source close to the process said Thursday night that the Pelicans are the only team from that group still "in the mix."

What is funny to me is Dallas didn't send anyone to Indy, but are now ahead of a few teams that did...I swear this is like Groundhog Day.

Edit: Wait ONLY SAC and ATL are not being considered? oh no....are we SAC east? NOOOOO!!!!

Edited by noble

As much as I wanted to see the Hawks sign Oden I do think it is going to be an huge gamble (Can he stay healthy?) for any team that signs him unless he signs a Buyer Friendly Contract to get the opportunity to play with an established winner/contender like the Heat or Spurs. In all honesty I will not be very disappointed if Oden does not sign with the Hawks (And, I seriously doubt they ever had much of a chance anyway).

I think there is a reason why we picked up 3 adequate big men while other teams in need were looking at Oden

We don't have any centers on this team....we could use one and if we keep using Horford out of position we could use a backup you know.

Edited by noble