• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Schröder Video: 5 mins of passes that teammates didn't convert

NBASupes

Sad to see fans of the same team actually divide themselves over two point guards. Don't we want both guys to be great players?

And BTW, hello black kettle. From the Teague haters thread...

So whoever has the most 20/10 games in a season is the best player at the position? I have never heard that from anyone until now.

And I will definitely take PER over some random stat like who had more 20/10 games. Does 20/10 make up for his negatives as a player? The guy is a perfectly average starting point guard. I don't see why you have a problem in seeing that or trying to make him more than what he is.

• Premium Member

And BTW, hello black kettle. From the Teague haters thread...

And your point is...? Saying someone is an average starting point guard is speaking objectively and without homer bias. I'd love it if Teague magically became some uber point guard for us. Who the hell wouldn't?

And your point is...? Saying someone is an average starting point guard is speaking objectively and without homer bias. I'd love it if Teague magically became some uber point guard for us. Who the hell wouldn't?

My very obvious point is you're one of the main "haters" towards Teague in that thread and here in this thread you're chastising people for not wishing them both well.

• Premium Member

My very obvious point is you're one of the main "haters" towards Teague in that thread and here in this thread you're chastising people for not wishing them both well.

Please tell me how I am a "hater" for calling an average starting point guard, wait for it....an average starting point guard. In this thread you have people clearly trashing one or the other as if they are actively rooting (and they probably are) for one of these guys to fall flat on his face and fail. I have never said that about Teague or the Menace.

• Like 1

Please tell me how I am a "hater" for calling an average starting point guard, wait for it....an average starting point guard. In this thread you have people clearly trashing one or the other as if they are actively rooting (and they probably are) for one of these guys to fall flat on his face and fail. I have never said that about Teague or the Menace.

Calling him an average or below average PG as you've referred to him as, is being a hater. Sorry but I can't see that any other way. Maybe I just value Teague a lot more than you do. The same way I value Schröder a lot more than some as well. I don't need to put down one in order to prop the other one up.

Prada knows his stuff. I didn't see Zeller any, but I trust all the glowing praise I've heard about him. Those other Top 4 are all ready-made NBA players from what I've seen. All I saw of McCollum was against us, where he didn't stand out with Shredder on the same floor.http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/24/4539286/nba-summer-league-2013-top-rookies-rankings-cody-zeller-kelly-olynyk

• Premium Member

Sad to see fans of the same team actually divide themselves over two point guards. Don't we want both guys to be great players?

No that's not true. The truth is that there are some who do not want to see Teague succeed. In fact, there is an undercurrent that has yet to be revealed.

This is the Tank vs. Antitank argument via different means. The guys who are promoting the play Schröder right now, today, without fail are really tank people trying to get us to tank via different means. They want us to lose while developing Schröder so that we can get more lottery talent. However, being in the lottery for a small market team like ours does nothing to help us. What would help a team like ours most is the asset management approach of maximizing the value of our players (all of them) and using them as tradable assets when we need to do so. If you were really talking to people about a 19 yr old, 168 lb PG who is turnover prone in the German league and lacks offensive scoring ability, they would tell you to wait on his development. But the pro-Schröder, Anti Teague crowd wants us to lose so that we can have a shot at Wiggins. Some people don't like Teague because he didn't start starting until 2 years ago and then when he did, he only looked a little better than all the other PGs we have had since 2005. There are those, but for the most part what we see is a lot of mock hate.

If Teague could go 20/9 on the year and we still were able to get Wiggins, People would be ecstatic about Teague. But the anti-teague contingency really fear the threadmill. In other words, they don't trust the Ferry plan. What they need to understand is that Ferry is not going to tank. That means that even if we didn't have Teague, he would trade for a starting calibre PG that would do what we can get from Teague and Schröder would still be on the bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Calling him an average or below average PG as you've referred to him as, is being a hater. Sorry but I can't see that any other way. Maybe I just value Teague a lot more than you do. The same way I value Schröder a lot more than some as well. I don't need to put down one in order to prop the other one up.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Calling an average player an average player is not "hating". It is simply being honest. Obviously you think Teague is the best PG in the NBA due to his 20/10 games from one season so you may see that as "hating" as you said. I do not. I have not once wished any ill will or detriment to Teague or Menace. THAT would be "hating".

• Like 1

Prada knows his stuff. I didn't see Zeller any, but I trust all the glowing praise I've heard about him. Those other Top 4 are all ready-made NBA players from what I've seen. All I saw of McCollum was against us, where he didn't stand out with Shredder on the same floor.http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/24/4539286/nba-summer-league-2013-top-rookies-rankings-cody-zeller-kelly-olynyk

McCollum ended up leading the summer league in scoring around 21 ppg or something like that. He's going to be a very good player.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Calling an average player an average player is not "hating". It is simply being honest. Obviously you think Teague is the best PG in the NBA due to his 20/10 games from one season so you may see that as "hating" as you said. I do not. I have not once wished any ill will or detriment to Teague or Menace. THAT would be "hating".

If it makes you feel better to keep making up lies about what I've said or believe then by all means please continue to do so. I'm done with you.

No that's not true. The truth is that there are some who do not want to see Teague succeed. In fact, there is an undercurrent that has yet to be revealed.

This is the Tank vs. Antitank argument via different means. The guys who are promoting the play Schröder right now, today, without fail are really tank people trying to get us to tank via different means. They want us to lose while developing Schröder so that we can get more lottery talent. However, being in the lottery for a small market team like ours does nothing to help us. What would help a team like ours most is the asset management approach of maximizing the value of our players (all of them) and using them as tradable assets when we need to do so. If you were really talking to people about a 19 yr old, 168 lb PG who is turnover prone in the German league and lacks offensive scoring ability, they would tell you to wait on his development. But the pro-Schröder, Anti Teague crowd wants us to lose so that we can have a shot at Wiggins. Some people don't like Teague because he didn't start starting until 2 years ago and then when he did, he only looked a little better than all the other PGs we have had since 2005. There are those, but for the most part what we see is a lot of mock hate.

If Teague could go 20/9 on the year and we still were able to get Wiggins, People would be ecstatic about Teague. But the anti-teague contingency really fear the threadmill. In other words, they don't trust the Ferry plan. What they need to understand is that Ferry is not going to tank. That means that even if we didn't have Teague, he would trade for a starting calibre PG that would do what we can get from Teague and Schröder would still be on the bench.

You've changed your tune a bit D.

Femmes was a goofy choice for a video that might as well be one of Scrublove's. But Schröder does look impressive.

Edit: Guess I should be a scout. I missed on Schröder, but my top 4 going in were Oladipo, Zeller, McCollum and Porter.

Edited by TheFuzz

• Premium Member

McCollum ended up leading the summer league in scoring around 21 ppg or something like that. He's going to be a very good player.

If it makes you feel better to keep making up lies about what I've said or believe then by all means please continue to do so. I'm done with you.

So using the own stats you said you grade Teague by is lying but your constantly calling me a hater for calling an average player just that is fine? Mmm k.

So using the own stats you said you grade Teague by is lying but your constantly calling me a hater for calling an average player just that is fine? Mmm k.

Nitpicking here: Teague is around average as far as PGs go, but he's most certainly not an average NBA player. Hell, he's an above average starter. There are a lot of good point guards in the league right now.

We can't rank Teague the absolute 14th or 15th best PG in the league. The players come in tiers. CP3 is in a tier by himself IMO, but Parker, Rose, Westbrook and Curry are very close in the second tier. Teague is a couple of tiers below that with players like Dragic, Rubio, etc.

• Premium Member

Nitpicking here: Teague is around average as far as PGs go, but he's most certainly not an average NBA player. Hell, he's an above average starter. There are a lot of good point guards in the league right now.

We can't rank Teague the absolute 14th or 15th best PG in the league. The players come in tiers. CP3 is in a tier by himself IMO, but Parker, Rose, Westbrook and Curry are very close in the second tier. Teague is a couple of tiers below that with players like Dragic, Rubio, etc.

I have been very consistent in calling Teague an average starting point guard. I still don't understand how anyone can consider that "hating".

That video shows more than just a guy having a lot of poise in summer league. Controlling the tempo and passing like that is a talent I haven't seen out of a hawks point guard since Mookie. Teague is a different breed of point guard. He's the uber athletic, slasher with a good jump shot but not a naturally gifted game controller. Both have value and only one has proven himself at the NBA level. But I have a pretty darn good feeling about our rookie and our future with him taking over the pg spot if he develops.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree with you that you are not hating by calling Teague an average starting point guard to date in his career. I rank him in that middle of the pack tier.

I think he is saying your post wasn't honest because you said he was calling Teague the best PG in the league due to his 20/10 games in one season. That is not a reasonable translation of his argument so I get him being frustrated by that post. He wasn't arguing that Teague is best in the league - he was arguing that Teague is above average given how many times he hit that magic 20/10 number compared to other PGs. I think it is fair to question how meaningful the 20/10 totals are but not to say that Dolfan is using them to argue that Teague "is the best PG in the NBA."

• Like 1

You sure about that? Maybe for guys like Rubio, Rondo, CP3, Deron, etc. But for most PG's, not even.

I disagree completely. If you look at Sergio Rodriguez's highlights from when he was still in the NBA, he had flashes where he looked like the best passer in the NBA without a doubt. Now look at him. Back in Spain.

And his name was Spanish Chocolate... hmmm

Edited by Colin

I disagree completely. If you look at Sergio Rodriguez's highlights from when he was still in the NBA, he had flashes where he looked like the best passer in the NBA without a doubt. Now look at him. Back in Spain.

And his name was Spanish Chocolate... hmmm

Well 1 out of 2 chocolates so far have been very good NBA players so let's hope that German Chocolate is closer to or better than White Chocolate and far better than Spanish Chocolate!