• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So is this our roster?

Dragitoff

I know the title may seem a little like this may be another bash Ferry thread, but I'm asking a legitimate question. With the talk of Noguiera coming over this season, by my calculations, that pretty much means we have a full roster of 15 players. I know guys like Scott and Mack aren't guaranteed, but you'd assume they're making the team. We need another reserve PG and Mack fits that bill and Scott has played well enough and shown enough to merit a chance at filling out the roster I'd think. Having said that, it looks like we've got our 15 player roster. We're a little thin at SF, but we have some guys that can play the position in a pinch.

Not the depth chart for starters by any means, but to give you an idea of how the roster shapes out:

Teague/Schröder/Mack

Jenkins/Williams/Cunningham

Korver/Carroll/Scott

Millsap/Antić/Muscala

Horford/Brand/Noguiera

It's not a star loaded team, nor is it a head-turner of a team, but it's a gritty, hard-working team that will play hard and does have some decent depth, especially with the big men. I could see a solid 9-10 man rotation with that group with some quality guys not getting burn. It's not the CP3/Howard/Horf Big 3 we all envisioned going into this off-season, but I have to admit, I kinda' like the team. I'm a planner to a fault. I like to know every detail of everything I do or will do. Strangely enough, I think some of the excitement of this upcoming season for me is the same thing that keeps many uncertain about it. The unknowns. New rookie Coach (although he's got more experience than most vet HC), new rookie players that are foreign players so there is more unknown about them, how each player will fit into the new unknown system.....So much to be excited for....and nervous for.....Just can't wait for the season to start!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Lou Williams fits as the third emergency PG, so for all of the niceties said about Mack, I just don't see him sticking when Ferry's publicly stated that he is looking for one more wing player.

And I think Muscala's future was defined when we signed Antić... I say he's still ticketed for Europe. Further evidence of just that point is that we signed Antić, but still are kicking Oden's tires.

Any chance Cunningham surprises as that wing?

Isn't he like 6'4"? Too small for what we need. We don't have enough scoring from the 3 spot in this line-up. I like the bigs on the team a lot, but at the swing 3-2 we are not good at all. We need someone who can create their own shot there while still playing defense. Of DMC and KK neither can create their own shot and Korver is not a good 1:1 defender. DMC is not going to score many points at all.

I suppose one idea is that Scott can take up some of the scoring at the 3, but I don't think he's a front line scorer nor can he defend the top 3s in the game.

If you look at it, there has to be another move on the horizon to get some more scoring. Otherwise we are looking at one of the lowest scoring teams in the NBA next year.

• Premium Member

And I think Muscala's future was defined when we signed Antić... I say he's still ticketed for Europe. Further evidence of just that point is that we signed Antić, but still are kicking Oden's tires.

That's an idea I've seen tossed around but I don't really follow it. Why Europe and not the D-League?

Edited by supermariowest

I know the title may seem a little like this may be another bash Ferry thread, but I'm asking a legitimate question. With the talk of Noguiera coming over this season, by my calculations, that pretty much means we have a full roster of 15 players. I know guys like Scott and Mack aren't guaranteed, but you'd assume they're making the team. We need another reserve PG and Mack fits that bill and Scott has played well enough and shown enough to merit a chance at filling out the roster I'd think. Having said that, it looks like we've got our 15 player roster. We're a little thin at SF, but we have some guys that can play the position in a pinch.

Not the depth chart for starters by any means, but to give you an idea of how the roster shapes out:

Teague/Schröder/Mack

Jenkins/Williams/Cunningham

Korver/Carroll/Scott

Millsap/Antić/Muscala

Horford/Brand/Noguiera

It's not a star loaded team, nor is it a head-turner of a team, but it's a gritty, hard-working team that will play hard and does have some decent depth, especially with the big men. I could see a solid 9-10 man rotation with that group with some quality guys not getting burn. It's not the CP3/Howard/Horf Big 3 we all envisioned going into this off-season, but I have to admit, I kinda' like the team. I'm a planner to a fault. I like to know every detail of everything I do or will do. Strangely enough, I think some of the excitement of this upcoming season for me is the same thing that keeps many uncertain about it. The unknowns. New rookie Coach (although he's got more experience than most vet HC), new rookie players that are foreign players so there is more unknown about them, how each player will fit into the new unknown system.....So much to be excited for....and nervous for.....Just can't wait for the season to start!

Antić and Muscala will be our Centers, and Brand & Noguiera will play the PF positions...Otherwise you are correct, not an exceptional explosive roster, but should be a fast paced gritty basketball team.

Antić and Muscala will be our Centers, and Brand & Noguiera will play the PF positions...Otherwise you are correct, not an exceptional explosive roster, but should be a fast paced gritty basketball team.

Lulz. More like Antić, nogueria at center and brand, muscala at pf. But honestly at this point in his career brand should be playing center more than pf
  • Like 1

No.

5: Horf, Brand, Antić, Bebe

4: Millsap, Horf, Antić, Scott

Not looking good for Muscala...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

That's an idea I've seen tossed around but I don't really follow it. Why Europe and not the D-League?

As I've understood it, the CBA does not impose upon us a cap hold for him, and so, though we retain his rights regardless, he doesn't impact our roster and salary cap if he's not under contract.

• Moderators

I'm thinking the starting lineup will look like this:

C - Horf

PF - Sap

SF - Carroll

SG - KK

PG - Teague

6th - Lou Williams

7th - Elton Brand

SG - John Jenkins

PG - Schröder

F/C - Antić

F - Mike Scott

G/F - Deshawn

SF - ????

C - Bebe

G - Jared Cunningham

I'm thinking after Mack's performance in SL, that he will be a D' Leaguer. If you think about it, we don't need Mack as a third PG with Lou on the team. Teague/Schröder/Lou/Cunningham should be enough keep us from having to pick up Pargo on a 10-day again. With Mack off of the roster, we can pick up a wingman for the bench. I also believe Muscala spends most of his time in Bakersfield. Cunningham and Bebe spend most of their time in street clothes as 14 and 15 on the roster.

I hope we sign Greg Oden. We only got one true center on the roster and that's Bebe. The rest are just tweeners. Some won't even get a lot of mins like Antić and Bebe. We still have about 20-25 MPG left on the table since Zaza signed elsewhere. Mozgov just got 3/14. If proven healthy, Oden should at least get 2/8.

This is team built to be a 9th to 10th seed Eastern conference team. They aren't getting in the playoffs as they stand.

Bebe is not a PF and Mike M is more of a PF at this point. Right now, it's unlikely anyone of them outside of Brand is getting some minutes next year. Bebe will likely be going in and out of Bakersfield and I am not even sure Muscala will be on a NBA roster next year.

There is still a chance that Stevenson or Mack could be cut.

It wouldn't surprise me if we had 9 bigs and 6 smalls with Millsap and Scott getting mins to do both.

Bigs have more value and you can develop them more and easier.

Bebe needs time and NBA development.

Oden needs actual PT and he needs limited mins till he is complete from his injury history.

Mike isn't ready yet.

Scott can play both 3 &4 but he isn't ready to play more than 12 MPG.

Antić is a practice player who will get mins with players are hurt.

Brand can give you 18 MPG and he can help on defense as well as in practice as a vet.

Horf is a lock for a lot of MPG

Millsap can play both 4 & 3 and will get at the least 28 MPG.

We have a lot of minutes and not a lot of NBA ready bigs.

I think we will keep Stevenson. He can be a valuable piece in future trades with his non guaranteed contract. Besides I like the shooting.

Valuable for what trade. He is only making 2.5 mil and he is just a below average player. If teams just want to give up some cap, we can take that regardless.

I don't see Cunningham going no where with his contract guaranteed. Mack likely is staying. We have a ton of SG. Not so sure he will back.

• Premium Member

hawks have another 5-6million to spend, right? I'd have to think that the situation will change on the wing, logically via trade?

As stated previously... it's not hard for me to imagine that Ferry's working on something to bring a certain Dukie RFA into the fold.

As stated previously... it's not hard for me to imagine that Ferry's working on something to bring a certain Dukie RFA into the fold.

Henderson has better tools for the starting 2 than anyone we have because of his legit size but with all the people that they can stick at 2, I think a 3 is more needed

Not the depth chart for starters by any means, but to give you an idea of how the roster shapes out: Teague/Schröder/MackJenkins/Williams/CunninghamKorver/Carroll/ScottMillsap/Antić/MuscalaHorford/Brand/Noguiera

*Count me in as someone that thinks Mack is definitely getting squeezed because of Lou's ability to handle the ball.*I believe that if we do roll like the Spurs, we will not lock all 15 spots as they like to have 14 to remain flexibility. So lets say we have these guys for sure:Teague/ShroderJenkins/Lou/CunninghamKorver/DMCMillsap/Pero/ScottHorford/Brand/NogueraThat leaves us at 13. So could be only one spot available. And in a scenario where we still need a Wing it looks like Muscala gets squeezed too. But I think they like him and would love to develop him.I think Jenkins got the Green at Summer League to see if he can start, and I just don't know that that's the case yet. And as others have said, he and Korver seem like a defensive nightmare. So something has to give. There is another move coming. Will it be a SG for KK to play 3? Or preferable, a 3 to let KK play the 2? Will it be a trade? Free Agency has no one left. And will we actually carry 15?