Apparently We picked up Gustavo Ayon

yungsta

Disappointing. We'll be the best blue collar team in the league.....but that's not saying muchI do think the coaches and system will get the most out of them, but we lack talent

Memphis made the WCF, so I'll take that.

I am with those who think Ferry is gathering trade pieces for February.

I agree, but I don't think he'll wait until Feb if he can find the right deal. All the guys we've picked up are tradable and would really help a team down the stretch.

In terms of Gus, eh, he's just another guy. Nothing special. We desperately need another wing player though.

• Premium Member

As I thought more about it last night, it occurred to me that all of this seems to seriously set us up for trading Horf at some point, ostensibly to a team that considers itself a legit 2013-14 contender that could use an upgrade at PF, and that has at least one extra pick (i.e., in order to get better positioned for the 2014 draft).

Only team I can find that might fit that profile is the Bulls.

Jabari Parker

Dante Exum

Andrew Wiggins

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Rick Pitno's favorite Joel Embiid

Willie Cauley-Stein

Marcus Smart and Andrew Harrison but we got an elite PG prospect in Dennis on the roster.

Those guys can be gamechangers. Elite NBA players.

and they also can be mega bust or even worse ball hogging volume shooters.

• Like 1

I guess this means Oden told Ferry no thanks to the Hawks offer.

or perhaps Ferry still wants to be the biggest draft bust involved in the organization.

Edited by NJHAWK

Now we have our Mexican interest on our global team. We have most of Latin America covered and a bit of Europe. Definitely gonna be a different fan base than we've seen before.

Id be front row center for taco night or even better Corona/NegroModelo night.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nog>>>>>>Ayón

Playing Nog now would be like a high school QB starting in the NFL. He may be talented, but he has no where near enough strength or readiness to bang with the center's of the NBA. He looked lost in practically every SL game. Bebe will be at worst a decent role player for us someday, but he just isn't NBA ready now. He will likely be a D-Leaguer while Ayón will be used as a stop gap 3rd center until Bebe and Moose are ready.

• Moderators

Just what exactly is uncalming your tits, and do you have any video examples you can share to clarify?

I've never heard of the phrase "uncalming your tits" but I have heard of "calm your tits" which means your telling someone to stop being negatively excited about something...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've never heard of the phrase "uncalming your tits" but I have heard of "calm your tits" which means your telling someone to stop being negatively excited about something...

Roughly half the things I've learned in life, I owe to Urban Dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Calm%20your%20tits

~lw3

• Like 2

Haha my mistake on the status of the tits. Perhaps I'll visit Urban Dictionary some more.

My point was simply that the negative energy being placed on the news Hawks team is stemming from past mistakes from past players and front office. It's not fair. And it would be wise to humble ourselves and think perhaps the people working with this blank canvas of a team know a little more than we do. Is it obnoxious optimism? Now uncalm your tits again.

• Like 3

I think Ferry just wants us to have some "Los Hawks" uniforms. Also, if we need a wing, what about Sun Yue? If we're just gonna be signing international players all willy nilly.

But on a serious note, this is definitely a different team then we've had in the past. Even if we suck (which I kind of hope we do) it's gonna be interesting to watch how this team plays.

Edited by Mdizzle5