Apparently We picked up Gustavo Ayon

yungsta

Does it seem like they're signing international guys for the sake of it? What's the point of going overseas to grab Antić, and for two guaranteed years no less, when we've got Ivan in house and probably on a one year deal? Just 'cause Antić can stretch the floor a little more?

How so? We didn't offer Bynum and neither did DallasWe got turned down by one guy: d12

CP3 said he thought about joining us and decided to stay in LA.

D12 said no.

Jeff told us not to resign him.

Josh wasn't interested in coming back.

Iggy didn't take our meeting seriously as did HS legend Tyreke Evans.

Monta Ellis took less than he wanted from Atlanta to sign with Dallas.

Oden told us no.

Ferry been preaching his plan but he took the bait.

Millsap who's team didn't want him back at the price we are paying him nor did they offer him but HS is claiming this as a win.

Demarre Carroll, 95% of HS never seen him play but have compared him to Bruce Bowen when no one else has.

Scrubs who HS have fell in love with like Antić, Ayón, and others.

The Hawks signed players who want to play in Atlanta, sadly they aren't wanted by most for their contract. Think about it, teams wanted Brand at 1.5 mil and 1 year. We paid him 4 mil for 1 year. Someone on HS said he is a rim protector. He never been a rim protector even in his prime which was very good by the way. He is more likely to be a role player in spots for us then anything else but he is another player HS is claiming as a win. Teams wanted him but not for 4 mil, for 1.5. Most teams liked Zaza for 4-5 million. Only Milwaukee was willing to give him a long term for 6.5. While Zaza is a top tier backup center, he wasn't worth what Milwaukee paid for him and same for Brand.

That's the what the Hawks are, we overpay for backups and get rejected by average players. The Pelicans are more attractive to players than us. We are a joke and yet you guys don't want to tank. I hope this team loses every game so we can get Wiggins, Exum, or Parker.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 2

This has Spurs signing all over it. Ayón is great with the pick-n-roll, good passer and rebounder. Don't be surprised to see Splitter like production (per minute basis) out of him.

As someone who has watched him a bit. He is a Spurs type of player BUT he is not a Spurs talent. To expect Splitter is completely misleading. He doesn't have no where near the talent level of Splitter. Not even close and New Orleans who also uses the Spurs philosophy traded him and the Bucks just cut him. He isn't great at the PnR either. He is adequate at it and sets really good screens.

As someone who has watched him a bit. He is a Spurs type of player BUT he is not a Spurs talent. To expect Splitter is completely misleading. He doesn't have no where near the talent level of Splitter. Not even close and New Orleans who also uses the Spurs philosophy traded him and the Bucks just cut him. He isn't great at the PnR either. He is adequate at it and sets really good screens.

Ok but he's a 3rd center backup.....at a very cheap price he isn't hurting the hawks.I love this pick for 1.5 mil especially

I wonder how this affects the pursuit of Oden..

Oden has pretty much said New Orleans and the Heat are his top 2 places he wants to be. One article I read (forget which one) said he has pretty much excluded the Hawks...why can't we even get a guy who has been out of the league for a year or 2 to consider us...WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

D12 said no.

Oden told us no.

Millsap who's team didn't want him back at the price we are paying him nor did they offer him but HS is claiming this as a win.

Demarre Carroll, 95% of HS never seen him play but have compared him to Bruce Bowen when no one else has.

The Hawks signed players who want to play in Atlanta, sadly they aren't wanted by most for their contract. Think about it, teams wanted Brand at 1.5 mil and 1 year. We paid him 4 mil for 1 year. Someone on HS said he is a rim protector. He never been a rim protector even in his prime which was very good by the way. He is more likely to be a role player in spots for us then anything else but he is another player HS is claiming as a win. Teams wanted him but not for 4 mil, for 1.5. Most teams liked Zaza for 4-5 million. Only Milwaukee was willing to give him a long term for 6.5. While Zaza is a top tier backup center, he wasn't worth what Milwaukee paid for him and same for Brand.

That's the what the Hawks are, we overpay for backups and get rejected by average players. The Pelicans are more attractive to players than us. We are a joke and yet you guys don't want to tank. I hope this team loses every game so we can get Wiggins, Exum, or Parker.

I approve of this message. People are either blind to the fact NO ONE really wants to be here, and really the only people who will come are people we overpay for. This kid is not very good. His highlights are a 16/6 night...there are people out there that this is their LOWLIGHT...why are we excited? I am just not buying this team nor the moves. We need a playmaker, and we just don't have that at all. I hope we lose a ton of games so we might be able to get one.

• Like 2

• Moderators

D12 said no.

Oden told us no.

Posted Image Can't even take this shit seriously and refuse to type out any more than this...

• Like 2

Remember when we had 3 big men to work with in the playoffs last year? Yea that's not happening again, says DF. I think we have plenty to be happy about considering all the targets our PG's have to hit. DF and Bud want to focus on defense and that includes having a solid rebounder on the floor next to Al at all times. The players we have know their roles and no one feels like they deserve the spot light more than another (Smoove, JJ). I thought every Hawks fan was on board with the Spurs model by now??

Giving the #1 player the entire spotlight doesn't work. DF saw that first hand in Cleveland with the king himself did he not?...

You pro-tankers are why the head office doesn't care to announce shit because shit fans either refuse to understand it or think a single playmaker will instantly bring a chip to ATL. These are things I'd expect from some of those ugly Heat/Laker fans..

Anyway, I think DF will see what Bud can do with this group and if it falls flat, every contract is trade-able for a relatively safe mid-season escape.

tl;dr Let the new players play and new coaches coach in the new system before you uncalm your tits.

Remember when we had 3 big men to work with in the playoffs last year? Yea that's not happening again, says DF. I think we have plenty to be happy about considering all the targets our PG's have to hit. DF and Bud want to focus on defense and that includes having a solid rebounder on the floor next to Al at all times. The players we have know their roles and no one feels like they deserve the spot light more than another (Smoove, JJ). I thought every Hawks fan was on board with the Spurs model by now??

Giving the #1 player the entire spotlight doesn't work. DF saw that first hand in Cleveland with the king himself did he not?...

You pro-tankers are why the head office doesn't care to announce shit because shit fans either refuse to understand it or think a single playmaker will instantly bring a chip to ATL. These are things I'd expect from some of those ugly Heat/Laker fans..

Anyway, I think DF will see what Bud can do with this group and if it falls flat, every contract is trade-able for a relatively safe mid-season escape.

tl;dr Let the new players play and new coaches coach in the new system before (poster talking crap).. ....

This team will be a failure. I don't need to watch to see that. You have hardly any advantages as it is with this roster. The only thing you have are guys who play hard and get solid advanced stats. That is not much different than Sacramento and Houston with Kevin Martin as the star scorer. Average overall talent. No defensive presence in the paint. If you think Brand is a presence, then you much think Perkins and Bargs are defensive juggernauts on par with Deke. This team will lose more games than they win more than likely. The question is will they lose a lot more games or just some.

In fact, that Houston team is very comparable to these upcoming Hawks but we lack a #1 option in our starting lineup.

Posted Image Can't even take this shit seriously and refuse to type out any more than this...

Don't, this is the typical egg on your face response.

Edited by nbasupes40retired