Braves home stretch

macdaddy

• Moderators

Hopefully we are closing this thing out finally. Last night saw what I think is the lineup we need. Why we've been dancing around it all year is beyond me.

Schafer

J-Up

Freeman

Gattis

McCann

CJohnson

Simmons

EJohnson

That is about as solid a batting order you can get. Eliot Johnson has been hitting a bit, way more than uggla. Look at that lineup though 2-6 you're facing guys you don't want to face. 2-5 aren't going to pitched around in that lineup.

When Heyward comes back it complicates things though. You really have to sit Gattis at that point because you've got no one to play center.

All I can say is that I can tolerate losing in the playoffs but i can't tolerate losing because Uggla and BJ are black hole rally killers who strike out every time there's men on base. I'll support those guys next year but they ain't getting it done this year.

Damn good post. The only problem I have with that lineup is I like a little more speed on the pads.They see what a trip to AAA did for Gattis, I don't know why they haven't sent Awful Uggla and The Bum Upton down to get their eyes and swings together, if that's even possible. I trust Freddie and Frank will spare no feelings, especially of guys who make as much as they do when the Braves draft and develop players much better and cheaper than they are. If they both aren't on a tear going into October, I don't even want to see them in the dugout with the way they've performed this year. At least Upton is an above average fielder at his position and is an outstanding base runner, I can't say the same about that other one. Other than that, I'll continue to kick back and marvel at this team leading the Majors in ERA and the League in HRs. Its like these kids rather die than give up 4 runs, and I've noticed opposing fans gasp in awe at how we go yard in their park more often and deeper than their team. It's been pretty fu&king dope.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Damn good post. The only problem I have with that lineup is I like a little more speed on the pads.

I have to disagree with this. BJ has the potential to be a great OFer, but he never hustles. The dude seems like he just doesn't give a damn about playing baseball. Most of the time he just half asses to balls hit in the gaps and can't read the ball off the bat. BJ pisses me off more than Uggla. At least when Uggla is not hitting, you see him bust his ass down the line and he is top 10 in walks in the MLB. Nothing pisses me off more than someone not hustling. I would like to see Jordan start over BJ in October, and would like to have Ugglas bat in the line up just because he finds ways to get on base.

• Moderators

I have to disagree with this. BJ has the potential to be a great OFer, but he never hustles. The dude seems like he just doesn't give a damn about playing baseball. Most of the time he just half asses to balls hit in the gaps and can't read the ball off the bat. BJ pisses me off more than Uggla. At least when Uggla is not hitting, you see him bust his ass down the line and he is top 10 in walks in the MLB. Nothing pisses me off more than someone not hustling. I would like to see Jordan start over BJ in October, and would like to have Ugglas bat in the line up just because he finds ways to get on base.

I agree that at this point BJ is hitting much worse than Uggla. BJ last i checked was striking out more than 50% of the time. That's not major league. My problem with Uggla is he is absolutely horrible with men on base. He may get some walks but in clutch situations he fails. I've totally lost faith in both

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree both of them have been garbage at the plate. I can understand hitting slumps/bad season at the plate, but someone not hustling at all (especially when they've been shit all season at the plate) pisses me off more than anything. That's why I''m more pissed at BJ. Let's hope they both catch fire in October (if either of them play). Posted Image

• Moderators

It's getting to the point where I can't go a month without screaming at my TV (in lieu of the GM): "Where the heck do you find these people?" David Hale just like walks off the MARTA Braves Shuttle and fans 9 in 5 innings! Sorry the bullpen didn't hold up tonight, but still! It's like there's a bottomless well of under-the-radar prospects out there!

~lw3

It's getting to the point where I can't go a month without screaming at my TV (in lieu of the GM): "Where the heck do you find these people?" David Hale just like walks off the MARTA Braves Shuttle and fans 9 in 5 innings! Sorry the bullpen didn't hold up tonight, but still! It's like there's a bottomless well of under-the-radar prospects out there! ~lw3

Best pitching scouts in The Show over the last 25 years.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'd love to clinch in Washington. Frankly we should be going for a damn sweep of these punks.

Based on what Nationals manager Davey Johnson was telling reporters after Washington’s eighth win in nine games Sunday, they’re coming in hungry too.

“We played them a lot of close games, but we didn’t hold our own with them,” said Johnson, whose Nationals were 4 1/2 games back in the NL wild card. “And we need to at least send a message to them these next three days that we’re better than them.”

Asked if he really thought they were better than the Braves, Johnson said: “I always believed we’re better than them.”

10 games out bro.

I'd love to clinch in Washington. Frankly we should be going for a damn sweep of these punks.

10 games out bro.

I expect this series with the Nats to be intense. I wouldn't be surprised if a beanball war gets started either. Neither team likes the other one.

I completely agree that it would be great to take the division over the next three days and just get it over with.

• Moderators

It could be today! With a double header Braves could clinch today. That would be sweet. It'd be really tough but sweet. It would be a good day for uggla or bj to do something. Man Uggla's stats for september are sorry even for his historically bad year. If I hear another complaint from either of these guys i'm going to lose it.

• Moderators

This has been a bad month for the Braves. They appear determine to recapture that magic of Sept 2011 with how they are playing this month. Tonight game is a must win game for the Braves.

They did it and that was huge. To knock two games off the number was big. Hopefully one more coming off today if the Nats lose.

Uggla hits a homer (solo of course). Saw where he was like 8 for his last 81. Now that he's hit a solo homer he'll claim he's heating up.

We are starting to lose the best record to the Cards though. So plenty to play for still. So many question marks going into post season. Who to start at second, who to play in the outfield, what's the rotation?

• Moderators

Anyone watching the game. I've been checking the game log. Heyward had a walk and scored but no hits.

Anyone see this. What the hell?

Evan Gattis doubled to shallow left, Justin Uptonto third Brian McCann popped out to left center Chris Johnson intentionally walked Dan Uggla struck out swinging, Justin Upton out at home, Evan Gattis to third, Chris Johnson to second

So let me get this straight. Fredi tried to hit and run with bases loaded and Uggla at the plate? Is that what happened? Fredi better up his decision making for the playoffs because that's just dumb.