• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here Come De Judge: Bud in Court Today

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Nets coach Jason Kidd was suspended by the league for the team’s first two regular-season games after he pleaded guilty to driving while impaired earlier this month. Mavericks forward Devin Ebanks was also suspended two games for pleading nolo contendere to DUI this week.

Show some accountability. If you fail the field sobriety tests and refuse the breathalyzer that's a problem. There's obviously some legal gaming going on here when he could plead no contest, get his license suspended, get community service, 2 game suspension and move on. Be glad no one got hurt and learn a lesson. Why he wants this cloud over him just to get out of probably a deserved DUI is beyond me. No one is going to believe he was innocent anyway. I'm guessing he probably doesn't want people to see the sobriety test either. Let's play some basketball. Rant over.

• Like 2

The case was moved to Fulton County State Court, and the date will be reset. I wonder why he didn't just get this out of the way before the regular season?

Budenholzer case moved to Fulton Co. State Court (AJC)

The City of Atlanta was the party who requested the change of venue according to the article, not Bud. Might want to read the article before making assumptions.

• Moderators

I think it goes back to the State Patrol being the arresting party, as I believe their Nighthawks DUI unit was under contract with the County and not the city. If there's a case to be had at all, the prosecutors will have an easier time holding the hearing in the county's state court than at Atlanta Municipal.

Hopefully he gets his hearing soon, but it's probably a stretch to imagine they'll hold it before the season starts.

~lw3

The City of Atlanta was the party who requested the change of venue according to the article, not Bud. Might want to read the article before making assumptions.

I didn't make assumptions. I just said it was moved and that Bud could have dealt with this sooner, or at least appeared at the hearing to challenge the move. Might want to read my post before responding.

Edited by Bahamut