• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Battle of Rookie Preseason's: Schröder vs Teague

MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

Explain? I stated that I am glad we have new coaches because it is possible LD nor Woody would put up with the German turning it over as much as he does. I am routing for him but I am also pointing out that maybe Teague got a raw deal compared to the treatment the German is going to get. Teague had a better rookie preseason than the German all around and then was relegated to the bench less than 20 games into the season because coaches were more concerned with there jobs than developing players. That's not going to happen to the German.

You can't say part of HS is rooting for Dennis only and then make a thread basically saying Dennis isn't as good as Teague. You are adding to the problem in that sense. That is what I meant.

You can't say part of HS is rooting for Dennis only and then make a thread basically saying Dennis isn't as good as Teague. You are adding to the problem in that sense. That is what I meant.

All of HS is rooting for Dennis. I am not saying Dennis will never be better than Teague or that he is not more of a pure PG, I simply posted stats which are more factual than opinions. Teague's 1st preseason was more impressive than the German's statistically. I am all for trading Teague and never wanted him to come back here because I feel he got a raw deal early on in his career and will continue to get one, but that does not mean I am not a fan of the German.

The German will be one of the best things to watch with this team since we all know that unless we make some trades to upgrade two of the following three positions we are not going to do anything worth while.

SG,SF,C

• Like 1

There are 96 minutes in the backcourt. I suspect Teague and Korver will take up atleast 60 of those minutes. I could easily see Dennis getting 20 minutes a night to start until he can take someones minutes. That leaves 16 minutes to fight over for Jenkins and the others.

When Lou comes back it will be hard to get minutes with Teague, Dennis, Lou, Korver, and Jenkins all needing minutes in the backcourt.

• Premium Member

Why pit them against each other. they're both Hawks and here to help the team. Their play will decide the rest in time.

Well there's no more of that ridiculous Smoove vs Horf nonsense being posted, so I guess this is the new debate topic for the upcoming season. Sigh.

Teague would need to be traded or injured for Schröder to have any shot at ROY. Nobody has ever won the award playing less than 29 minutes.

Or we could just go small in the backcourt. Jeffrey hitting the weights over the summer could come in handy guarding bigger players and we all know that he's a more natural scorer than passer. The two could really offset each other in any lineup and help out the team considering Louis is our only other playmaker in the backcourt and his knee is still a question mark.

• Like 1

Or we could just go small in the backcourt. Jeffrey hitting the weights over the summer could come in handy guarding bigger players and we all know that he's a more natural scorer than passer. The two could really offset each other in any lineup and help out the team considering Louis is our only other playmaker in the backcourt and his knee is still a question mark.

That could be the plan. If Dennis proves to be ready then I'm all for getting him in the lineup as much as possible. Still, I think it's unlikely he gets enough minutes to win ROY.

Edited by High5

It's crazy how an unproven player(Schröder) is getting so much hype over a guy who AVERAGED 14pts 7 APG, and shot the ball pretty well, while still playing with Josh Smith who obviously brought Jeff's game down.

Don't get me wrong Schröder is obviously more of a Pure PG than Jeff, but Jeff is clearly the better basketball player right now and it's not even close, Jeff has never been given a fair deal in ATL, and I was really hoping he would stay in Milwaukee so he could burn the Hawks for the next 4 years.

People will see this year tho that Teague and Schröder are not even in the same class to be compared as basketball players, Teague has Schröder beat in every facet besides being a true PG.

Teague:

Strength

Speed

Quickness

Ball-Handling

Ability to finish at the rim

Shooting

Schröder:

Passing

Teague in a landslide, lay off the hype folks, Teague is still the best guard in ATL.

• Like 1

I think Teague and Schröder could potentially play together in the backcourt after tonight. If not, we've got a pair of really nice trade chips. I do think Schröder will be the better player though in the next couple of years, he's just got better tools between his wingspan and court vision.

I think Teague and Schröder could potentially play together in the backcourt after tonight. If not, we've got a pair of really nice trade chips. I do think Schröder will be the better player though in the next couple of years, he's just got better tools between his wingspan and court vision.

Nooooo, Teague will be the superior player between him and Schröder.

I don't see anything in Dennis that leads me to say he is going to be a better basketball player than Teague.

Me either. He doesn't seem that overly athletic. He struggled to take guys off the dribble. He doesn't look as quick or fast as people made it seem. He's turnover prone and has a really ugly jumpshot. He already struggles inside. We'll see, but I really don't see much to get excited about.

Shredder air balls a 3 and five seconds later drains one, nothing but net. That's cold assassin right there. Rolls his ankle, sucks it up, heads down the court for an incredible bounce pass in the lane threading 2 defenders for an assist that would've given Nash goose bumps. This kid's "got it." Oh, and Teague is awesome. 20 and 8 this year, top 5 material.