• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Mavericks

lethalweapon3

I asked last night during the in game chat if we could use Nog to rebound,block some shots and run the floor for some Alley oops from Teague and Schröder? He couldn't be any worse than Antique?

Couldn't be any worse than the Antics of Mr. Antić.

• Moderators

When Antić came in in the 4th quarter he did a good job defending Dirk, Granted it was for about 2 minutes but i think the guy has potential. He needs to get used to the speed and intensity of the nba game. I think once he settles in he'll be alright.

The weirdest thing last night was seeing a rookie and an inexperienced sophomore as the first two players off the bench. Not that we really have other options, but it was still cool to see. Now they just need to figure out how to stop fouling everyone...

This team seems to have very little depth. Hopefully Williams gets back soon.

Teague looked fantastic, but you can definitely see the offense has a bit to go as far as being smooth.

We need lots of Millsap & Horford low/high post work, drawing double teams.

The shooting guard and SF position are a real weak spot for us. I love Korver and DMC, but they are pretty confined to their limited abilities/talent. But if we can move the ball better and play good team defense, I think this team could be pretty good - competing for playoff spots 2-4.

Looking forward to beating the Raptors on Friday!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

This team seems to have very little depth. Hopefully Williams gets back soon.

Teague looked fantastic, but you can definitely see the offense has a bit to go as far as being smooth.

We need lots of Millsap & Horford low/high post work, drawing double teams.

The shooting guard and SF position are a real weak spot for us. I love Korver and DMC, but they are pretty confined to their limited abilities/talent. But if we can move the ball better and play good team defense, I think this team could be pretty good - competing for playoff spots 2-4.

Looking forward to beating the Raptors on Friday!!

Man I couldn't agree more about the wing position. We are super weak there. Hopefully Jenkins and Lou can provide something.

It's just 1 game. There were good things and bad. 81 more left people. It's a marathon, lets be patient. (I know I know as Hawks fans uve heard that way more than you'd like to lol)

• Premium Member

I have to give it up for Dallas. The combo of Monta, Dirk, and Calderon is one that will keep points on the board. I applaud them and are interested in seeing how they come out in the west.

Being a finesse team in a Bully conference.

• Premium Member

Al Jefferson? Carlos Boozer? Mehmet Okur?

I hope those aren`t beasts of center lol

Boozer is not a center. Jefferson is a 20/10 guy, Okur was pretty good there in Utah and you are forgetting both Kanter and Favors. Millsap never had a small center to play with until he got to Atlanta.