• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So...still want to trade Horford?

Sothron

• Premium Member

Why do you call it Horford Hate? It is what it is... call it Hawks love. We need to determine what we need to make this team championship calibre. If that means taking Horf along.. so be it.. If it means trading him for what we need..so be it.

Bottom line is you can't line Horf up against Tyler Hansbrough every night. There are some nights that he is overmatched. There are many nights when he doesn't drive the team. This team still needs rebounding, defense in the paint, and scoring in the low post. We need somebody who can get his own shot. Whatever means we need to get to that, we need to soberly look at what is available and NO players are off limits.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Why do you call it Horford Hate? It is what it is... call it Hawks love. We need to determine what we need to make this team championship calibre. If that means taking Horf along.. so be it.. If it means trading him for what we need..so be it.

Bottom line is you can't line Horf up against Tyler Hansbrough every night. There are some nights that he is overmatched. There are many nights when he doesn't drive the team. This team still needs rebounding, defense in the paint, and scoring in the low post. We need somebody who can get his own shot. Whatever means we need to get to that, we need to soberly look at what is available and NO players are off limits.

I call it changing your Marvin hate to a new target. Except this one isn't a Superbust.

Yeah you're just gonna go out and find another potential 20/10 center like Horford. What are you even expecting to happen if we get rid of Horford? We're just gonna magically draft a center better than him or sign one? Wonder how well that's worked out for us recently. Are we SERIOUSLY trying to bash a player who averaged 18/10/3 and played solid defense last year on 56%? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUISLY???? What an awesome fan base we have here in Atlanta. When we get something good lets run him out of town. Just great.

Edited by atljonesbro
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Yeah you're just gonna go out and find another potential 20/10 center like Horford. What are you even expecting to happen if we get rid of Horford? We're just gonna magically draft a center better than him or sign one? Wonder how well that's worked out for us recently. Are we SERIOUSLY trying to bash a player who averaged 18/10/3 and played solid defense last year on 56%? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUISLY???? What an awesome fan base we have here in Atlanta. When we get something good lets run him out of town. Just great.

First off, I thought Horf wasn't a C?? Moreover, look at our trackrecord... We keep our player disgruntled and when they can leave, they leave and we get nothing. Jsmoove anybody. How many complaints do you have to hear from Horf before you realize that this is the future that we are creating?? So instead of waiting for other teams to get us over a barrell and have to trade Horf for some albatross contract and a second round pick, I say that while his value is high, we consider what we can get for him. FOr instance, I can see a trade that nets us Asik, a 2014 first rounder and Chandler... That is what I would call building through trade and answers all your questions... We don't need to match what Horf brings (exactly), we need better Chemistry.

Well?

Say trade Horford one more time! I dare you!

I don't understand the people in the Horf or Smith camps. I loved/love both players. I think Al is going to have to self-motivate better and I think last night was an example of it. Being "the man" means just that. You are the man.

First off, I thought Horf wasn't a C?? Moreover, look at our trackrecord... We keep our player disgruntled and when they can leave, they leave and we get nothing. Jsmoove anybody. How many complaints do you have to hear from Horf before you realize that this is the future that we are creating?? So instead of waiting for other teams to get us over a barrell and have to trade Horf for some albatross contract and a second round pick, I say that while his value is high, we consider what we can get for him. FOr instance, I can see a trade that nets us Asik, a 2014 first rounder and Chandler... That is what I would call building through trade and answers all your questions... We don't need to match what Horf brings (exactly), we need better Chemistry.

In a perfect world I'd love to keep Horford but the problem is Hordford is not a no.1 option. In the NBA today you need that guy who can dominate night in and night out. There are just way too many holes on this team that we may just have to blow up the roster and Horford has the most value. Horford is a good player but how do we get a stud? Look at what Minnesota is doing. They have a team that is going to make the play-offs and be a force very soon.

Why have a team who is only going to be a 6-8 seed and get knocked out in the first round and draft at 15-17 in the draft and just repeat process? Might as well get a ton of draft picks and have a team that's bad enough to get in the top 3. I mean what are we supposed to do? We don't have the assets to trade for a young star. Look how Houston had a terrible team, trade for Harden(which OKC GM was a idiot) and in a year they sign Howard and have a top team in the NBA that quick.

Ok, so we keep Horford. How are we going to make this team better? How do we add top players?

I'd only trade Horford if it nets us a Top 10 Wing or Center; or a good filler & a top pick in next years Draft. Other than that, I'm interested in what Horford can do this year. With a new and improved Teague, and a high BBIQ PF in Milsap, it will be entertaining to see if Horford can get that 20/10 year we know he can get. Leh go.

Edited by ATLHawks3

I couldn't advocate a trade of Horf without knowing what you are getting. We'd have to get something very good in return. For example, guys like Grangier and Gay are probably the wings you could get for Horf, but I really don't think they are equal value. I'd keep the guy and build with him.