• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Rotate Team Captains Throughout Season

HawkItus

Hawks To Rotate Team Captains Throughout Season
Nov 05, 2013 2:33 PM EST

Posted Image

The Atlanta Hawks will use rotating captains for the team this season.

According to the Hawks, the details of the new system will be kept "in house."

Al Horford is entering his seventh season with the Hawks, while Jeff Teague is in his fifth year with the organization.

Hmmm........I'm just saying......hmmmm

Ding ding ding!

This and either no real faith in Teague and horford or a way to try to pump them up to be a leader.Like I said before the season started the choice to become the alpha lead dog is up to Teague and horford. If they want to try to become stars/leaders here's there chance now! But they have to prove something to bud and ferry. I for one will not be disappointed if ferry and bud are ONLY giving horford and Teague a half of the season to prove their worth. I get they both have done a lot of good for the team but as an organization you have to move on and find your team identity. We can't keep waiting for horford or Teague to step it up!....if we do that we will look like the damn bucks who waited years for bogut to even play and years for Brandon Jennings to even step it up even more after that great rookie season he had. We just can't do it...Message to Teague and horford and the rest of the hawks:STEP IT UP NOW OR LEAVE.....END OF MESSAGE.

I dunno I think you guys are making too big of a deal out of this. One way you develop confidence in young guys is by giving them a sense of leadership and I think that's what Budz is trying to do here. Build up the young guys and build more of a team unity. Besides the whole captain thing is pretty overrated anyway... right Josh?

• Like 1

I'm not sure, Rudy Gay was a captain for the Grizz. Melo on the Nugs, Deron on the Jazz. Seems like we just don't have a leader. I don't see why naming a captain has anything to do with a player staying on the team for the year.

Agreed - if Bud is not impressed with the longest tenured player or his PG to be comfortable enough to name them captain, then so be it. Captains need to instill confidence and offer direction to others. I guess Bud is evaluating play on the court as well as off court. Gotta earn everything I guess

• Premium Member

I'm not sure, Rudy Gay was a captain for the Grizz. Melo on the Nugs, Deron on the Jazz.

Seems like we just don't have a leader. I don't see why naming a captain has anything to do with a player staying on the team for the year.

If Horf is the unquestioned leader of this team you make him THE captain.

• Like 1

Edited by sultanofatl
  • Like 1

No surprise we have no leadership. I dont buy the whole " cause its all about team and not the individual. The spurs have always been about team but Tim duncan has always been the unquestionable team captain of the spurs.

This gif speaks volume of his leadership and how much respect he has from his teammates.

Posted Image

That's an all time great hall of fame player. We have nobody remotely on his level and we didn't have a mentor like Pop and DRob training Al from day 1 to be a leader. This is a completely different culture and one that needs to he groomed and turned around.

I know the captain or captains are supposed to be the leaders of the team

and they get to wear a small "C" on their uniform. But, what do they do?

Really, what do they do? What do they get to do that they can't do if they

are not a captain?

I know, in football, the captain gets to call the coin toss and decides which

end of the field the team gets to defend. Also, they decide whether or not

to take the play or the penalty. They are important.

But, in basketball, what do they do? Or, is it just the honor of being named?

GO HAWKS !!