• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague and Schröder

jmac54

No, you stop. You can only compare Teague's rookie season to the 9 games that Dennis has played.Additionally you cannot blame all the 'obstacles' on Jeff not producing his rookie year. Some of that fell to Tesgue himself because you guessed it -HE WAS A ROOKIE. Same as Dennis.I'm pleased and excited about what Teague has shown do far, part of that is attributed to who is no longer here, new coach, new system and Tesgues growth and progess as a player. It is his 4th season so this should be the natural progression.Dennis will get there.

I'm not blaming all his shortcomings on those obstacles becuz he did have an aggressiveness problem and of course he was a rookie

I just don't see Dennis how I see Jeff when he was a rookie. Not to say they have to be the same of course. And I don't want Dennis to fail becuz that would be terrible for this team. But I have to say I'm a pretty good evaluator of talent (tooting my horn) and as of now I just don't see it with Dennis. I hope he does pick up steam and proves me wrong tho

You cannot blame everybody else and not Jeff for his shortcomings. he could get in the lane with ease but he sucked at finishing. He missed so many floaters. The slightest bump and he couldn't finish at the rim.Maturing and adding muscle now allows him to take the contact and finish.

I answered that in my last post

You cannot blame everybody else and not Jeff for his shortcomings. he could get in the lane with ease but he sucked at finishing. He missed so many floaters. The slightest bump and he couldn't finish at the rim.Maturing and adding muscle now allows him to take the contact and finish.

I'm gonna have to go back and dig up some of those archived posts where people have conveniently forgotten how AWFUL Teague was at finishing in the paint. I mean the kid couldn't make a layup or finish a shot and for a time he had the highest percentage of shots blocked in the league. He's night and day better now and we all hoped he'd get to this point, although nobody expected a 20 and 10 player, so let's just hope that Dennis matures and becomes the best player that he can be.

• Like 1

exactly. Getting into the lane and breaking down the D is essential for a PG. If you're not finishing because you're not strong enough, u can easily fix that like Jeff has. But if u can't get in the paint at all, which is a trait PG's come into the league with then u have a problem.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to go back and dig up some of those archived posts where people have conveniently forgotten how AWFUL Teague was at finishing in the paint. I mean the kid couldn't make a layup or finish a shot and for a time he had the highest percentage of shots blocked in the league. He's night and day better now and we all hoped he'd get to this point, although nobody expected a 20 and 10 player, so let's just hope that Dennis matures and becomes the best player that he can be.

While you are at it dig up Bonkers 'evaluation' of Teague.

exactly. Getting into the lane and breaking down the D is essential for a PG. If you're not finishing because you're not strong enough, u can easily fix that like Jeff has. But if u can't get in the paint at all, which is a trait PG's come into the league with then u have a problem.

What games are you watching? Schröder has most of his assists after driving into the paint and finding an open man. He's getting trapped in there but he's having no trouble getting into the paint at all.

Bonkers has only been a member for a year so no way of knowing

Lol my evaluation was that he is gonna have to fix his shot becuz it was kinda flat and yep his aggressiveness wasn't there + like u said he dd have problems finishing

But like Cwell just said what I was gonna say perfectly

What games are you watching? Schröder has most of his assists after driving into the paint and finding an open man. He's getting trapped in there but he's having no trouble getting into the paint at all.

Bonkers has only been a member for a year so no way of knowing

What I see is a guy that makes a move, pushes off with his off hand (which surprisingly never gets called), and gets ridden to the baseline because he can't get passed his man. I dont see a guy beating his man, getting into the middle of the d and collapsing the entire defense creating an easy shot. Theres a reason our offense gets stagnant when Dennis is in. because he's always tight roping the baseline with no idea where to go with the ball because his man is in his grill

What I see is a guy that makes a move, pushes off with his off hand (which surprisingly never gets called), and gets ridden to the baseline because he can't get passed his man. I dont see a guy beating his man, getting into the middle of the d and collapsing the entire defense creating an easy shot. Theres a reason our offense gets stagnant when Dennis is in. because he's always tight roping the baseline with no idea where to go with the ball because his man is in his grill

It's not because he's limited athletically, it's because they don't respect that he's going to shoot the ball. Pretty easy to defend when you don't have to worry about a guy pulling up and shooting. Just ride his hip and wait for him to pass, that's pretty easy to defend. If Teague had no game in the paint he'd be that easy to trap as well.

Lol my evaluation was that he is gonna have to fix his shot becuz it was kinda flat and yep his aggressiveness wasn't there + like u said he dd have problems finishing But like Cwell just said what I was gonna say perfectly

Lol - Damn I guess I'm a good evaluator of talent too because I said the same thing back then. I said he could be our Tony Parker 'lite' because he got in lane at will and couldn't shoot a lick from mid range.

It's not because he's limited athletically, it's because they don't respect that he's going to shoot the ball. Pretty easy to defend when you don't have to worry about a guy pulling up and shooting. Just ride his hip and wait for him to pass, that's pretty easy to defend. If Teague had no game in the paint he'd be that easy to trap as well.

Acie and Jeff couldn't shoot early on and neither had issues getting passed their guy. Jeff still isn't that great of a jump shooter overall and apparently like u said couldn't score in the paint early on either. smh the excuses

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member

Everybody want to take credit for beleaving in Teague now but I bet if we go back to the off season, you'll fin that over half of the people posting after Teague signed that offer sheet from the Bucks wanted the Hawks not to match.

Edited by Peoriabird

Everybody want to take credit for beleaving in Teague now but I bet if we go back to the off season, you'll fin that over half of the people posting after Teague signed that offer sheet from the Bucks wanted the Hawks not to match.

And those who wanted us to do the Milwaukee swap for Jennings.....uuuuuh, yuck!!

please do cuz everybody know Jeff been my favorite Hawk lol

I will say here and now I wasn't sold on Teague heading into last year. Then he made me a believer. He had always shown flashes but never put it altogether until last year. Now he is full of confidence and believe in himself. It took Teague 4 years to get to where he is now though.

We want to judge Dennis after only 8-9 games? We knew drafting him it would take 2-3 years for him to develop. Dennis was playing quite well up until his suspension. Ever since he came back his play hasn't been the same. Perhaps some embarrassment,with a little trying too hard to make people forget that incident and teams got some video of him now they can defend him accordiingly.

I also think Dennis is trying to get too flashy out there. All Euro players seem to have that in them. Once he settle back down and make his own adjustments. I expect him to start playing better.

Only 1 assist for Jeff and the only Hawk in the negative? Trade him!It can't be a coincidence we lost at home versus the Knicks with Dennis, turn around and win in a rout in Queens when Dennis got coach decisioned. Like Bebe, give Dennis a year. It's just on-the-job training while Lucas is still interning.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

All of us have been saying that now we have 2 point guards, Dennis and JT.

Seems that we are wrong - bad wrong - in a very good way!

Way to go Mack! He and our second unit looked like a starting five tonight.

Posted Image

Mack played fantastic tonight. He's looking like a baller so far this year, and should be getting all of Dennis' minutes.

That's a good way of keeping the 17th pick in the draft from developing. Mack is a solid player and should get the primary backup minutes when he's playing like this but Schröder still needs to get 8-12 minutes a night. Give Mack another 8-12 and that leaves up to 32 minutes for Teague. Some nights may require different minutes but Schröder needs to play in order to develop.

• Like 2

Can you say D-league?

I'd rather him develop on our team in our system with our players. I'd rather D-League than the bench but I still think he's better off getting NBA minutes to adjust to this caliber of athlete and skill, which he won't get in the D-League. He's already got years of playing in pro level ball so I don't see the D-League helping too much.