• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Premium Member

Yay WIzards! :D

I guess that's a good loss! lol Don't know how healthy they are, but they had the whole crew, pretty solid games all around, and couldn't take down the 10-13 Wiz at home. We can only hope and pray they continue to slide!

• Like 2

Knicks in Double OT vs. the Bucks ... smh ... What has this world come to? I hate rooting for the Knicks (just to make things harder for BRKYN) and they just make it so friggin hard to root for them even when I logically want them to win.

Bargnani with the brain fart...smh.

• Premium Member

From CBS' Ken Berger, mentioned in Asik trade article...

"...But the Hawks' own first-round pick won't be in the lottery, and their other potential pick -- from Houston via Brooklyn -- is top-14 protected..."

Hmmmmmm.... did I miss something?

Edited by sturt
  • Like 1

Knicks in Double OT vs. the Bucks ... smh ... What has this world come to?

I hate rooting for the Knicks (just to make things harder for BRKYN) and they just make it so friggin hard to root for them even when I logically want them to win.

Are we rooting for the knicks so that they end up with a better record than brooklyn or what?

• Like 1

Chances are that this years Brook pick will be about 7-12 pre-lottery. Little chances of drawing a top four (but we'll be using the force), so we'll trade our 18-22 pick for theirs. Nice, but probably not a franchise changer.What about the 2015 pick switch? Pierce is an expiring, everybody else will remain with their HUGE salaries and OLD legs.They going to pay a Lux tax this year that will surpass the GNP of quite a few nations...and lose. Will they be ready to keep all those old expensive players and add the necessary other players, once again climbing into an astronomical lux tax...and maybe lose again.The 2015 Brook pick might be looking real good, while we'll likely improve a bit, giving us an even better trade of picks.We have Millsap, Lou Will, and Carroll that will be expirings next year. The rest of the key guys have at least 2 more years after this one.How good are the potential guys we have: Schro, JJ, Bebe, Muscala, Scott?How does Ferry build a contender with this? Trades? Millsap, Korver and Lou Will are all valuable to trade and either expire or get old before we're likely to contend.

• Like 1

Chances are that this years Brook pick will be about 7-12 pre-lottery. Little chances of drawing a top four (but we'll be using the force), so we'll trade our 18-22 pick for theirs. Nice, but probably not a franchise changer.What about the 2015 pick switch? Pierce is an expiring, everybody else will remain with their HUGE salaries and OLD legs.They going to pay a Lux tax this year that will surpass the GNP of quite a few nations...and lose. Will they be ready to keep all those old expensive players and add the necessary other players, once again climbing into an astronomical lux tax...and maybe lose again.The 2015 Brook pick might be looking real good, while we'll likely improve a bit, giving us an even better trade of picks.We have Millsap, Lou Will, and Carroll that will be expirings next year. The rest of the key guys have at least 2 more years after this one.How good are the potential guys we have: Schro, JJ, Bebe, Muscala, Scott?How does Ferry build a contender with this? Trades? Millsap, Korver and Lou Will are all valuable to trade and either expire or get old before we're likely to contend.

I'm more excited about the 2015 pick personally. The Nets are only going to get older.

I have a lot of fun making up trade scenarios (too much fun apparently), but unless a knockout deal comes up (Kyrie Irving or Kevin Love or Marc Gasol please) I think we should stay the course. If we like someone on draft night use our assets to move up and grab him. I think this is where Teague comes in unfortunately.

With a couple of solid (hopefully lottery) picks and our capspace I think we'll be top 3 in the East this time next year and legit contenders in 2.

That's the plan, at least.

• Like 1

Up that trade value on Friday night, Thad! Play like your future career depends on it! Go Sixers! ~lw3

LIVE DAMNIT LIVE....cuz in some ways, it is(the last good 10-14 months of ur life)-George Costanza

• Moderators

Happy Schadenfriday!

MCW will return tonight to help the Sixers' cause against the Nyets, now just a game outta the 8th seed with the Bulls' recent freefall. Thad is denying his rumored trade demands, so he should probably get his normal minutes as well. Let's hope Joe Cool stays cooled off!

If Philly can't swing a win at home (not too bad, at 6-8), we can still pull for Cleveland to beat hard-luck Milwaukee (I'm not counting on Toronto winning in Dallas), to hold off Brooklyn from crossing that dreaded 8th seed threshold. On the downside, Brooklyn is momentarily tied with Toronto for the fewest Eastern Conference games played this year (14 of their 25).

Go Sixers! Go Cavs!

~lw3

• Like 2