• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Teague was spectacular tonight

Carroll finally got his 3's to fall

I like Dennis but its clear that he has a long way to go. I always thought it was silly that some Hawks fans thought this dude was ready and he would easily take Teague's starting job. To be honest, Mack has looked better in his limited time than Dennis. Dennis has to play better because whenever Teague goes to the bench the offense becomes stagnant. And the turnovers he makes are some of the worst I have seen. He's a rookie and its a long season so I hope he gets it going at some point.

Same thing i'm saying. And as long as i've been on this board people know i'm a huge fan our our young guards. I loved Acie, and I loved Jeff. I saw way more out of Acie than Dennis. Dennis doesn't even have the speed and quickness that Acie and Jeff had/have. Acie could get anywhere he wanted to on the court. Dennis can't even take anybody off the dribble, even while extending his off arm like he always does. smh "Dennis is already better than Jeff" gtfoh lmao

Dennis looked quick on those tapes in Germany becuz he was playing against trash competitors I guess lol

And ur right Acie did look better than Dennis. I remember a game against Cle were Acie had like 20 pts and almost 10 ast and the next game Woody benched him. I was so mad lol

• Like 1

The game would be blacked when Teague goes insane. Not just anybody can post 33-10-4 in 35 minutes. I'm starting to think there is a little competitive fire burning in Lil Jeff and that his play can be consistently good enough to lead by example without being very vocal. If All-Star voting were tonight, he'd probably be at the top of the PG list in the East. Good to see Lou back, weeks before expected. Lets Go.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Lou looked good on that layup! Really good to see him back out there and moving well.

That first score off the drive looked so much like the play where he got hurt vs. Brooklyn. Couldn't help but wonder if that was intentional.

Great having Lou and Goose available now!

~lw3

Dennis' struggles shouldn't be surprising. He's a 20 yr old trying to learn the NBA game at the toughest position. The kid is very talented, but right now the game is moving at 100 mph for him. He'll eventually make the transition mentally and physically, but it will take some time.

I agree. He won't be terrible forever.

• Moderators

GREAT to see L. Williams back playing.

Sad to see the lack of interest in Atlanta for a GOOD Hawks team. Unbelievable amount of seats empty. Or is this normal?

Yeah, it's normal. Unless there's an opposing player worthy of excessive nut-hugging in the minds of non-Hawk fans, mid-week night games can be like Philips Mausoleum.

Make sure to join the Chat Room tomorrow night! (Homecourt Room 1)

~lw3

Teague has been ballin this year. Posted Image

He has been way more aggressive, his court vision has improved tremendously, his defense hasn't been to BAD (still needs to work through those screens; as he has mentioned during off season), but it's been really fun to watch Teague this year. He has improved every single year he touches the floor. Smart move, Ferry!

Edit: (Sorry Supes) Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Jeff Teague's offense was worth the price of admission... especially that 2nd half! Absolootly mah-velous. Bottle that for tomorrow!

That second quarter had me visibly nauseous, though! Almost 40 points for the Sixers in one quarter after holding them to around 15-20, nobody was getting stops or keeping Philly off the rim. 4th quarter wasn't much better either. It's not that the Hawks are universally bad defensively, it's just that they're so uneven! Not sure what it is, aside from The Menace and a general inability to control the tempo and force turnovers and transition points. One exception was keying in on Turner in the 4th, he got really sloppy with the ball at the end of the game.

I was smh'ing about Millsap off the bench but I figure it's all part of Bud's "strategery" for back-to-back games. Plus, Al got to play in his long-desired "natural position" to start the game. Millsap doesn't seem to mind, and looked much better in the closing minutes of the game. I'm sure he prefers to start, but is just fine as long as he's around to finish the game.

Hey, DeMarre! Cartier called. Can he get some of his jumpshot back? ;-)

Aside from Millsap, great focus on the free throw line!

~lw3

• Like 2

Teague was faking out Hawes like it was nothing and tossing up scoop shot after scoop shot, making Hawes spin around like a turnstyle. Loved that he kept driving and getting in the lane a dropping a floater or making Philly foul him. That's the aggressiveness that everyone wants to see, and it'll lead him to keep the status of the best PG in the East that he's got right now.

As for Schröder, I don't know. I never thought he was ready to start right now or anything, but I saw the DraftExpress videos like everyone else on here and was really excited. He played well in SL too. But tonight there were some crazy bad turnovers - like stuff you'd think you'd see in a middle school game or something. And nights like tonight where he puts up numbers of 1 pt, 1 assist, and 3 TOs in 12 mins are getting kind of scary.

Maybe Schröder is homesick and just really misses his big German bratwursts or something. (There's a good joke involving Cousins in there if you want it. Go ahead, it's okay.)

Dennis Schröder is gonna be awesome. You can see it in his passes. The court vision is there, and the speed is there. He is just way to young. What were you doing when you were 20 years old? It's been less 9 games and you people think he's a bust lol. Wow, just wow.

I don't know how many people think he's a bust, but his first few games are certainly bringing many people's expectations down to earth, and for many that's a long fall. He's certainly got potential, but as far as giving the franchise over to this kid and unloading Teague, well, that sounds a lot less appealing now than it might have 2 weeks ago now that people see how much he has to grow. He will get there, but in time. For now I am just excited to see Teague tearing things up!

Dennis Schröder is gonna be awesome. You can see it in his passes. The court vision is there, and the speed is there. He is just way to young. What were you doing when you were 20 years old? It's been less 9 games and you people think he's a bust lol. Wow, just wow.

I spent my 21st birthday patrolling the North Korean border so it's not THAT young. I think this is just the speed of the game and differences in the quality of athletes and style of play.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know how many people think he's a bust, but his first few games are certainly bringing many people's expectations down to earth, and for many that's a long fall. He's certainly got potential, but as far as giving the franchise over to this kid and unloading Teague, well, that sounds a lot less appealing now than it might have 2 weeks ago now that people see how much he has to grow. He will get there, but in time. For now I am just excited to see Teague tearing things up!

I warned people on this forum about having too high expectations for Schröder. I mean having a decent summer league doesn't mean absolutely jack squat, and posters were saying he was already better than Teague SMDH. Dennis will be fine, the biggest problem for him is that he is 19 years old. People forget that PG is by far, the toughest position to come in and play as a rookie in the NBA. Teague looked bad early on too, and now the guy is playing at an all star level. Nash looked like absolute garbage early on. It happens with PGs very often.

I must be missing something lol cuz I see average speed when watching him. He doesn't have that 2nd gear that Jeff has.

• Like 1