• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague and the 2009 draft

Jody23

• Premium Member

As we know, Jeff was selected with the 19th pick in the 2009 draft and he was the seventh point guard selected in round one. Looking back on it now, where do you think he ranks among the point guards selected? I think one could make the argument that he is the second best behind only Steph Curry.

• Like 1

Curry

Lawson

Holiday

Teague

Rubio

You have to look at careers and I think that is how it goes. Rubio has done nothing other than provide hype. Teague has only been a starter for 2 years and a couple of games but this will be his 3rd year on a playoff team as the starting PG. Holiday was the 2nd best player on a playoff team and has made a all-star appearance if I am not mistaken. Lawson has been a starter on multiple playoff teams and basically came into the league doing what the coaches claim they wanted Teague to do from day one when he was not being successful. Curry is the most dynamic player of them all and has not only added something to his team but to the NBA.

• Moderators

I take Curry and Lawson 1 and 2 based on this season and their career. Holliday is last. Rubio and Teague is a matter of fit but that reflects a big step up for me in my bullishness on Teague - I am definitely crossing my fingers that he will sustain 90% of this.

Curry

Lawson

Teague / Rubio

Holliday

Anyone who puts Holliday anywhere above 5th on that list is nuts. Holliday is as overrated as it gets. He statpads against lottery teams and gets owned against good competition. Just look at what Teague did to him in their matchups last year. Teague DOMINATED Holliday over most of the 4 games where they faced each other last year. The only game he didn't was mostly due to lack of playing time.

There are two outside factors affecting PG's production and success: system and surrounding players. Like someone said, I don't know much about Jrue, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could look at his splits, and they're very skewed between good and bad teams. Rubio is notorious for having a poor mid range shot, let alone 3. That's a fatal flaw to me. Never been a fan of Lawson's size. I guess I would put Teague a distant second. Curry makes my jaw drop about 4 times a game. Warrior fans get treated to circus shots after fouls and sh@t.

• Like 1

Anyone who puts Holliday anywhere above 5th on that list is nuts. Holliday is as overrated as it gets. He statpads against lottery teams and gets owned against good competition. Just look at what Teague did to him in their matchups last year. Teague DOMINATED Holliday over most of the 4 games where they faced each other last year. The only game he didn't was mostly due to lack of playing time.

• Premium Member

Can we let Teague actually keep this pace up for a season before we crown him? Smh. You guys are killing me. Teague had a good start to last season and then the bottom fell out in the second half before we forget. Although it appears some of you have...

Can we let Teague actually keep this pace up for a season before we crown him? Smh. You guys are killing me. Teague had a good start to last season and then the bottom fell out in the second half before we forget. Although it appears some of you have...

Teague finally has a head coach who has faith in his abilities, and is willing to help him work on his weaknesses. Very good start for Teague and I hope he continues this throughout the season.