• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Magic

lethalweapon3

This is the WORST home loss I have ever seen. regardless of Sport/grade. Coach Bud should be ashamed of himself. and dang, there is just no home court advantage in Atlanta, but hopefully this can change

That's the worst? That's not even top 25 in the past 10 years for the Hawks. This was ugly but there have been many far worse.

If Ayón gets 20 minutes in the next game then we know Bud is tanking! That Dude blows!!!!!!!!

Well if the Nets start winning we may as well start tanking.

This is the WORST home loss I have ever seen. regardless of Sport/grade.

Coach Bud should be ashamed of himself.

and dang, there is just no home court advantage in Atlanta, but hopefully this can change

If this is your worst, you have not been following the Hawks for very long. I guessed you missed the games when the game was over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Already stopped watching the game

Tonight the bench just let Orlando kill us in the 3rd.

I also blame Mike for keeping the bench in there when Orlando was going off

Lou is an epic fail at point guard. A big reason why I don't want him on the team. I am just not a fan of undersized shooting guards. Especially undersized shooting guards trying to play point guards. After Mack went down ... why wasn't Dennis put in?

I am still baffled why Teague, Milsap and Horford were kept on the bench. We needed some momentum switch in the 3rd and that keeping the bench in there was just a big mistake.

Sigh.

Lou is not a PG - I'm not sure how many times we keep saying it. C'mon Bud.

I guess Bud was thinking about the 4 games in 5 nights coming up. Houston tomorrow night.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Got to give credit to the Magic. They've got some very talented players. On the other hand, the Hawks are not as talented as some want to think.

This should've been known from the beginning. C'mon guys, this is a half-hearted attempt at a rebuilding year. The team isn't performing below expectations because there were no expectations.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This should've been known from the beginning. C'mon guys, this is a half-hearted attempt at a rebuilding year. The team isn't performing below expectations because there were no expectations.

Well, many seem to think we can successfully build while remaining mediocre. So, let's see where it gets us.
  • Like 1

Where, oh where did our defense go?

Where did it go? Well, it seems to

have vanished, like Magic!

Yep. Orlando came in and took it away!

Our poor defense, it's dead. It was buried,

Poof, and it was gone - that's Magic!

Nothing they did was wrong. Their shots

fell, as if by Magic - Which they were.

Hawks offense disappeared - by Magic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game, like the last one, must be buried. Otherwise the stink that we now smell

will overcome the bravest of the brave fans of Atlanta. We're beginning to get a complex.

The Braves wilted and died. The Falcons never got off the ground, having a pitiful year.

Now, two games in a row we see our beloved Hawks implode.

It's a long season. I'm a bit disgusted that we lost the last 2 games at home to teams we should beat. But I think we bounce back tomorrow and play great basketball at Houston ...GO HAWKS!!!

Terrible defensive loss really. Orlando has allot of talent and all of them got to play in their comfort zone. Oladipo, Vucevic, Affalo and Nicholson all could shine up those stats reflecting their strenghts. Ayón looked terrible as well missing easy shots everyhwere.

But maybe it was even more a coaching loss with coach Bud benching Horford so much and not subbing my man when Mack went out.

Schröder had a good 1/1 FG 2/2 FT and a great steal though in his 5 minutes and hopefully gets more minutes coming games with Mack prolly injured out.

This is quickly becoming the cliche response to anyone that says anything negative about the team.

There are those who ONLY seem to post negative comments!Defense was 'turrible' non- existent to be exact. Late rotations,On offense - what a disaster. Spacing was horrible, too much hesitancy, not enough ball movement and assists. This did not look like the same offense. Lou IS NOT a PG - let's not do that again tonight. Did we really miss Shelvin Mack running point for the 2nd unit that much?That's consecutive HOME losses to two teams we all thought they should beat.Thanks David Stern - one set of 4 games in 5 nights wasn't enough - you had to give us another within 2 days..home/away/home/away. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I was more mad about the Nets win than this lost. This team will be near ,500 all year. That's obvious, only fanboys like Peoriabird and North thought this team was any good. If the Nets keep winning, this will be another long and terrible season.

Edited by nbasupes40retired