• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford suggests Millsap for Asik/Jones in chat today

Admin

I have to confess ignorance here, too... are you guys who are familiar with Jones suggesting he is a legit defender vs. LeBron?... or just that he might be?... to me, gaining someone who can somewhat neutralize James is probably more significant than someone who can neutralize Howard--that is, given that we found a lot of success in neutralizing Howard just using Pachulia and Collins.

Just that he might be. He is one of the few with physical size and athletic ability to potentially defend him well.At 6'9'' and 250 lbs, he is fluid and explosive athlete, who is shooting 40% from 3. Edited by coachx

Didn't see it posted anywhere else, but figured you guys would want to know:

Center Omer Asik is currently dealing with a right thigh contusion and while it's improving, the Houston Rockets are expecting him to miss at least the next three games. According to CSN Houston, acting head coach Kelvin Sampson said Asik will not be available for the games at Portland (Thursday), at Golden State (Friday) and at Sacramento (Sunday). With that in mind, there is a chance Asik has played his last game for the Rockets.

I didn't have the Insider subscription, but here's the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/19278/has-omer-asik-played-last-game-with-rockets

If they're wanting to move him in the next couple of days, this latest injury isn't going to help on top of all of the other crap he's been dealing with in Houston.

I still don't think DF does any sort of deal with Asik just because of his salary payments of ~$15m next season (yes, I know not the salary cap hit). I just see DF as being more shrewd than that and it would take some real nice 'sweetening of the pot' for us (& the A$G) to take that salary hit on. And I don't think Morey is interested in sweetening much. We shall see.

• Premium Member

Didn't see it posted anywhere else, but figured you guys would want to know:

I didn't have the Insider subscription, but here's the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/19278/has-omer-asik-played-last-game-with-rockets

If they're wanting to move him in the next couple of days, this latest injury isn't going to help on top of all of the other crap he's been dealing with in Houston.

I still don't think DF does any sort of deal with Asik just because of his salary payments of ~$15m next season (yes, I know not the salary cap hit). I just see DF as being more shrewd than that and it would take some real nice 'sweetening of the pot' for us (& the A$G) to take that salary hit on. And I don't think Morey is interested in sweetening much. We shall see.

Right now, Jones is a really good pot sweetner.

A frontcourt of Asik, Horf, Jones could be one that could take us places.

• Like 1

I believe team chemistry and a guy's personal attitude can have a huge impact on how a team performs. Obviously Asik would be the defensive center we haven't had since Deke but the fact that he literally QUIT on his team earlier for no good reason makes me have to say no to the trade. I don't want a guy who when things get a little testy for him, he whines and quits on his team. Still, his defense, rebounding at the C position are very enticing.

They would trade him because they are trying to win a championship where they would have more faith and trust in a veteran like Sap.

I know, I was being facetious because of all the Jones-jocking on the first page.I guess everyone's forgotten about his arrest for stomping on a hobo's legs for absolutely no reason? I'd prefer to not have a kid like that on the Hawks.

I know, I was being facetious because of all the Jones-jocking on the first page.I guess everyone's forgotten about his arrest for stomping on a hobo's legs for absolutely no reason? I'd prefer to not have a kid like that on the Hawks.

I hated that he did that to the homeless guy but c'mon - doing something inappropriate does not make a someone a bad person, he did a bad thing and will suffer whatever consequence will be coming his way.I guess you have no use for Bud and his DUI either.

• Moderators

I haven't read the ESPN insider article, but I am wondering if they used "air quotes" when writing this?

Center Omer Asik is currently dealing with a right thigh contusion and while it's improving, the Houston Rockets are expecting him to miss at least the next three games. According to CSN Houston, acting head coach Kelvin Sampson said Asik will not be available for the games at Portland (Thursday), at Golden State (Friday) and at Sacramento (Sunday). With that in mind, there is a chance Asik has played his last game for the Rockets.

Obviously, he is being sat to ensure he isn't injured right before Houston trades him.

• Like 2

Real GM has a report that Millsap is Houston's prefered trade.Are the cards falling into place for Ferry to get a nice Asik + trade? Looks like it. Asik and T Jones would be great, maybe push for a pick or pick trade as well. Houston wants a championship and Millsap would look real nice on their team.I really like Millsap, but a true starting quality C, quality young PF on his way up and a bit more.... add our top 5 BRYK pick and I'm a happy Hawks fan

• Like 1

I'm torn on this. I love Millsap. But getting Asik and moving Horford to pf while possibly adding a T Jones type guy is intriguing as well. Oh man, really torn on this. Plus if we get T Jones does that mean Mike Scott might be traded sometime? This trade may have a domino effect on future trades as well, but then again many nba trades create a domino effect in one way or another for a team. Good luck to us. Hope we do well whatever we do.

If they offer Asik and Jones we need to take it. Millsap will be looking to cashout the way he's been playing. We could then showcase Asik and raise his trade value if need be.

I read somewhere that the Cleveland Cavs is the leading candidate to land Asik. Any news or rumors on this?

• Moderators

I read somewhere that the Cleveland Cavs is the leading candidate to land Asik. Any news or rumors on this?

Don't know why they'd want him.

I see they are talking about trading varejo for him but surely the rockets would rather have milsap if offered.

saw another trade sending Deng to Houston, Lin/brand/dmc to chicago and asik to atlanta. That's pretty damn good for us to get asik and only give us brand and dmc.

Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 2

Don't know why they'd want him. I see they are talking about trading varejo for him but surely the rockets would rather have milsap if offered. saw another trade sending Deng to Houston, Lin/brand/dmc to chicago and asik to atlanta. That's pretty damn good for us to get asik and only give us brand and dmc.

That would be awesome...keeping sap Horford and pairing them with Asik...we would be a lock for the 3rd seed in the east.

• Premium Member

I love Paul Millsap and his game. He is a workhorse and a good teammate. I like his game like I liked Danny Roundfield. That being said Getting Asik, Jones, and a possible draft pick is hard to pass up.

Chi/Hou/Atl trade is not gonna happen..................that is lulu land talk

• Admin

Don't know why they'd want him.

I see they are talking about trading varejo for him but surely the rockets would rather have milsap if offered.

saw another trade sending Deng to Houston, Lin/brand/dmc to chicago and asik to atlanta. That's pretty damn good for us to get asik and only give us brand and dmc.

That would be amazing for us. Our bench got that much stronger with Paul coming off there. Deng could play PF for them al ittle small but he would pull defenders away from Howard. Chicago needs a pg. Was this a rumor or just someone posted somewhere like realgm?

I find it interesting no one seems to be concerned with Asik and his attitude? I'm not saying the guy is a terrible person but he quit on his team a little while ago while he whined and cried about wanting to be traded? How can this not be a serious factor?

Because he's tall #%^*+@$You gotta know that Hawk fans are a bunch of big men groupies, they've been dying for Omęr Gortat....I mean Asïk for ages so it wouldn't matter if he spit on an infant at this point. As long as he's available.
  • Like 1

So let me ask you guys some questions here…..

Im all for the Asik trade too as long as it involves T. Jones but I also know that this is a high reward, high risk move! Do you guys not see that or maybe you have more faith in the hawks offense with a milsap departure than I do, so I just have to ask 3 questions!

1-Aren't you concerned about the hawks offense with milsap gone? I get Asik will probably help horford score more points on offense just because he's playing center but thats not a guaranteed offensive impact compared to milsap for the whole team.

2-Do you real trust Horford and Teague to lead us in offense every game? Don't get me wrong I like them as much as you do but lets be realistic lately milsaps offense has been a need!

3-Have you thought about this….lets say Asik comes and improves our defense and rebounding but our offense struggles. Then we will have a bunch of hawk fans complaining about how we need a scorer which in some cases we still need a scorer even with milsap some games. Have you not realized its just as hard to find a scorer just like it is a defensive, rebounding center like Asik?

Just saying guys while this trade sounds great rebounding wise and defensively for our whole team. But my biggest concern when I start to look over the trade is that we are putting ourselves in another scenario of needing a scorer and thats just as hard to find as a rebound machine rim protector like Asik! I know we need Asik but we also will need a scorer (AGAIN) once milsap is gone.