• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Disappearing Act of Jeff Teague

frankthetank966

• Moderators

I agree with everything there except the thing about DMC or others dribbling the ball. The Spurs do that quite a bit with Leonard and Green and Manu and I think that's just part of their offense. DMC isn't nearly as skilled with the ball but as Bud said last night in the post game presser, regardless of personnel we run our system and we don't change it.

Bud is overstating things there. Only a dumb coach doesn't adjust his gameplan to emphasize his player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. It makes a difference for what you should have your SF do if he is Kyle Korver versus Josh Smith.

Bud is overstating things there. Only a dumb coach doesn't adjust his gameplan to emphasize his player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. It makes a difference for what you should have your SF do if he is Kyle Korver versus Josh Smith.

Do what now? They're the same player offensively.

Teague is a joke. Awful game. Even Steve Holman was overstating how poorly Teague played. You know Steve always calls an honest and great game. Teague is forcing pacing and taking bad shots. He has no defense and is just not the same product he was earlier I. The year or in the bulls playoff series. It really is a shame. I wanted Teague to excel. Just don't think he will ever be a consistent PG.

• Premium Member

I really would like to see them give minutes to Dennis to see what we have. Teague has been hot garbage for quite awhile now. I don't someone throwing up raw stats at me. I'm talking the eye test. He has been eaten ALIVE by opposing point guards.

• Like 1

I've chosen to sit myself out of this debate because I'm seeing it turn too similar to the Josh debates from the past......and I'm a bit burnt out from all that. When I start seeing arguments centered around "who else gives you X amount of raw points and Y amount of raw assists/rebounds?" while ignoring efficiency, turnovers and even effort....I know it's time to exit stage left. No good will come of this.

• Premium Member

I really would like to see them give minutes to Dennis to see what we have. Teague has been hot garbage for quite awhile now. I don't someone throwing up raw stats at me. I'm talking the eye test. He has been eaten ALIVE by opposing point guards.

I second this. Dennis would definitely benefit from some minutes. Unfortunately, as long as we're in the playoff picture (for what I don't know) we'll continue to see the warm and cold act of Teague, Lou and Mack. It's frustrating because we all know how this story ends and there's going to be no reward for it. Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

Like everyone I'm fairly well done with this discussion but I just find this a gross exagerration. So for the eye test here is Teague making Mario Chalmers look like a senior citizen. Now I know Teague has had some bad games since but 'hot garbage' and 'eaten alive' are exagerrations.

• Premium Member

Like everyone I'm fairly well done with this discussion but I just find this a gross exagerration. So for the eye test here is Teague making Mario Chalmers look like a senior citizen. Now I know Teague has had some bad games since but 'hot garbage' and 'eaten alive' are exagerrations.

Wow, one play. Go find all the other ones where opposing point guards have taken Teague's lunch money then followed him home to take his dinner too. Teague has been awful lately. Period. No one whose watching the games can honestly tell me different.

• Moderators

Wow, one play. Go find all the other ones where opposing point guards have taken Teague's lunch money then followed him home to take his dinner too. Teague has been awful lately. Period. No one whose watching the games can honestly tell me different.

Just to be clear that's a 13 minute video. One game where he pretty much dominated the other team. There again it was a shitty team and that was almost two weeks ago so I guess he really has been hot garbage for a while.

• Premium Member

Just to be clear that's a 13 minute video. One game where he pretty much dominated the other team. There again it was a shitty team and that was almost two weeks ago so I guess he really has been hot garbage for a while.

I didn't realize Mario Chambers was the gold standard to define how good your point guard is. I mean that guys like what 7 time All NBA or something?

• Moderators

I didn't realize Mario Chambers was the gold standard to define how good your point guard is. I mean that guys like what 7 time All NBA or something?

Seriously? Geez man what does it take to get one ounce of credit for the guy. I'm here saying that Teague has been crappy in some games. Absolutely. But he's been damn good in others. I didn't realize that Chalmers was't an nba player? Sorry to use such a laughable measuring stick. Last I checked he was 'an opposing point guard'. We'll see. I just don't understand where this expectation came from that Teague is supposed to be dominating the league all of a sudden and anything short of that makes him hot garbage.

• Premium Member

Seriously? Geez man what does it take to get one ounce of credit for the guy. I'm here saying that Teague has been crappy in some games. Absolutely. But he's been damn good in others. I didn't realize that Chalmers was't an nba player? Sorry to use such a laughable measuring stick. Last I checked he was 'an opposing point guard'. We'll see. I just don't understand where this expectation came from that Teague is supposed to be dominating the league all of a sudden and anything short of that makes him hot garbage.

I will kindly direct your attention to the start of the season when people were making "OMG TEAGUE IS UBAH BEST PG EVAR AND SOTHRON AND SUPES WERE DEAD WRONG WUTLOL!" threads and posts.

Your saying teague is crappy in some games and good in others is glossing over how infrequent the "good" games are versus the "bad" games. I also have to say that I've said for two years now at least that Teague is simply average and now he's not even playing to that level.

• Moderators

I will kindly direct your attention to the start of the season when people were making "OMG TEAGUE IS UBAH BEST PG EVAR AND SOTHRON AND SUPES WERE DEAD WRONG WUTLOL!" threads and posts.

Your saying teague is crappy in some games and good in others is glossing over how infrequent the "good" games are versus the "bad" games. I also have to say that I've said for two years now at least that Teague is simply average and now he's not even playing to that level.

Well obvioiusly i disagree that Teague is not even average. But is that really what this is about? Yeah people were thrilled with the start he had but seems like you are just looking to prove your prediction about Teague right just as others tried to rub your nose in it. at the start. You can be disappointed in Teague but I think you'd be hard pressed to find others around the league who think he is a below average PG. I think he has been good and there is little consideration to how few offensive weapons these Hawks have.

Well obvioiusly i disagree that Teague is not even average. But is that really what this is about? Yeah people were thrilled with the start he had but seems like you are just looking to prove your prediction about Teague right just as others tried to rub your nose in it. at the start. You can be disappointed in Teague but I think you'd be hard pressed to find others around the league who think he is a below average PG. I think he has been good and there is little consideration to how few offensive weapons these Hawks have.

According to win shares Teague is below average this year. The league average is .100 and last I checked he was .093.

And from now on I'm going to refer to him as "Clank" as he can't hit an important FT (or any shot outside of the paint) to save his life. I have absolutely no faith in him to make this team better right now or to make a big bucket or get a big stop when it's critical. Conley absolutely raped him, stole his lunch money and had Teague say thank you last night with how badly he outplayed him.

• Like 1