• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You have to hate the Cavs announcer right now

GameTime

I don't really see it. I get his point that it is usually Anderson that gets hurt since it happens every year. I don't see "delight" though.

Agree. It doesn't sound like they are happy that Horford is hurt. It sounds like they are excited to see physical basketball and that Andy outhustled Horford (who was fouling Andy at the time).This is no where near Sacramento Kings' announcer douchery.

He even said "I love every minute of it."

....in reference to how Anderson Varejao was playing.

You have to be wanting to hear some malice in the announcers words to draw the conclusion that they were excited for an injury.

....in reference to how Anderson Varejao was playing.

You have to be wanting to hear some malice in the announcers words to draw the conclusion that they were excited for an injury.

No it was in reference to Andy hurting Al on that play. I was shocked when I heard it. Listen carefully.

Carr: "This time somebody else gets the harm instead of Anderson always getting it!; Now Horford is all over Andy! But nothing is said no foul! But Andy made sure he got Horford off of him with the way he went for the basketball. I love every minute of it!"

Other announcer trying to save Carr: He had surgery a couple of seasons ago....

Carr: "But this is the type of physical play you have to have..."

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

This is why Hawks fans should never talk crap about Nique and Rathbun. Bob is a true professional at all times and Nique loves the Hawks, but will also give the opponent credit as well.Some fans really go out of their way to take shots at Bob and especially Nique. When you listen to announcers around the league, you'll quickly find out that our guys are one of the better duos in the league.

• Like 2

No it was in reference to Andy hurting Al on that play. I was shocked when I heard it. Listen carefully.

Carr: "This time somebody else gets the harm instead of Anderson always getting it!; Now Horford is all over Andy! But nothing is said no foul! But Andy made sure he got Horford off of him with the way he went for the basketball. I love every minute of it!"

Other announcer trying to save Carr: He had surgery a couple of seasons ago....

Carr: "But this is the type of physical play you have to have..."

I watched the video again, and no it was in reference to how Andy was playing and not that Andy hurt Horford (not that Andy did hurt Horford, Horford hurt himself by overstretching it appears and not by a move that Andy made against him).

I like pointing out announcers that rip on our team and then pissing on them. I don't think this is a scenario like that. And even if I did believe Carr was reveling in a situation where one of our players was injured (which I don't believe), then I would be reticent to put so much blame on a guy for a heat of the moment type of reaction.

• Premium Member

I just think as a society we get too upset about what people say, too touchy. I don't mind folks speaking their mind, I don't always agree but it's called free speech. Doesn't matter what Austin Carr says, he's a Cavs fan.