• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al texted David Aldridge that he is probably not returning for playoffs.

Source? The link doesn't work and there's nothing from Aldridge on Twitter regarding Al.

Or another signal to AMNESTY Al.

• Moderators

Soooo... Is he not gonna play the rest of the season cause his body hurt or his feelings? I understand his body has taken a toll for playing out of position, but I thought Horford would be more of a team-first guy and a better leader for his teammates than to dip out the rest of the season... I know he came back early last time, so I banking that he isn't going to make that mistake again and is going to let his body heal. It's not like this time he was injured cause he was fighting for a rebound or something... He has saving a ball from going out of bounds and Varejao's dirty self pulled on his arm... Horf could have been fighting for that loose ball with any other player on the court. Get healthy soon Al!

There are varying degrees of this particular injury. It may be worse than the last one that happened. Also, he only played a game or two in the Boston series, if my memory is right. Could have been a mistake that set his recovery back. A "team first" guy won't risk the next season to play a few games. Then again, nobody ever accused me a being a team player.

I don't blame him. We are not competing for anything this season. He should rest and be 100% for next season.

Thank you for being logical about this. Seriously.

Look, most of us love Al and want nothing more than for him to be back ASAP, but he needs to focus on getting healthy and being ready for the start of training camp/next season. Some of y'all don't use that thing between your ears.

• Like 1

I don't blame him. We are not competing for anything this season. He should rest and be 100% for next season.

I have to admit I'm really bummed not having him around since our guys were getting such good chemistry and were legitimately fun to watch with Horf in there with his jab step jumper from the elbow, but this is right.

Get healthy. Fix what ails you, Figure out what caused it and how it can be prevented (whether it was caused by playing out of position or conditioning or both). Rest up big fella, we'll need you next season more than this one.

• Moderators

I think we are overlooking just how much this sucks for this season. These Hawks are getting better as the pieces start to gel. Al is our best player but that could happen to any team. With Al healthy we were a very competitive east playoff team. With one injury, to Lebron or George or HIbbert, we would have a great chance at the ECF. I'm not hoping for anyone to get injured but if it could happen to our best player it could happen to anyone and this year there are only 2 other teams that matter in the east. I don't care how bad the east is that would still put us in the national spotlight.

• Premium Member

I think we are overlooking just how much this sucks for this season. These Hawks are getting better as the pieces start to gel. Al is our best player but that could happen to any team. With Al healthy we were a very competitive east playoff team. With one injury, to Lebron or George or HIbbert, we would have a great chance at the ECF. I'm not hoping for anyone to get injured but if it could happen to our best player it could happen to anyone and this year there are only 2 other teams that matter in the east. I don't care how bad the east is that would still put us in the national spotlight.

Even without injuries we would have potentially given those teams a hell of a series IMHO.. but oh well.

• Like 1