• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So why again did we not take a chance on Bynum?

Blunt91

Fist of all, I know Andrew Bynum is not a Hawk's player but this is in relation to the Hawks offseason transactions where they met with him. Bynum will be waived by the cavaliers, he never had a fully guaranteed deal. Why couldn't Ferry have given him a partially guaranteed deal like the cavs. If he makes it the whole year then you have found someone to solidify the center position.

I don't won't the hear this about the team doctors stating they did not think his knees would hold up. I am pretty sure the Cav's doctors had some trepidation about Bynum's health as well. The ASG are still trying to save money evidence by not bringing over Noguiera or not wanting to pay Schröder's transfer fee in his buyout.

He is a problem in the locker room. He is a child who doesn't like to play BBall. He also wanted to play in Cleveland because there, was where he was having his knees' treatment.

Remember that if we signed him, we wouldn't have Millsap too

Edited by Ebert

I think the main problem is between his ears. The 2nd main problem are his knees. Those are 2 pretty big problems to have.

Do you not know Cleveland has suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team ? They are trying to give him away now. Problem is they signed to him contract that no team wants.

• Like 2

I did not know the specifics of Bynum's contract with the cavaliers. When the Cav's landed him during the offseason the rumor was that they were the only team to give him a guaranteed deal. I did not know the guarantee was only for part of the season. ( a make good deal). Did the Hawks make any offer such as that is what I am asking about?

• Premium Member

The only teams Bynum supposedly wants to play for are the Heat and Clippers. If he was a Hawk right now we'd be going through the same crap Cleveland is going through. We also wouldn't have had enough to sign Paul Millsap who I would take 24/7 over Bynum.

• Like 2

Yeah I am paying attention. Bynum does not want to play on a losing team. If he was such a cancer then explain to me why the clippers and the Heat want to sign him once he clears waivers.

The fact that you can say "because he doesn't want to play for a losing team" and not see that as a problem that in itself is cause for concern. If every player acted like that being on a losing team!! There are ways to go about handling your business as a professional - this is not it.Because if Miami and LAC do sign him they will actually sign him for peanuts and release him just as easily. Not the 12 Million (6 guaranteed) that Cleveland forked over for his 20 games played. Nice!

I did not know the specifics of Bynum's contract with the cavaliers. When the Cav's landed him during the offseason the rumor was that they were the only team to give him a guaranteed deal. I did not know the guarantee was only for part of the season. ( a make good deal). Did the Hawks make any offer such as that is what I am asking about?

Like I said - see what a 6 mil guarantee got the Cavs - 20 games and a disruptive nutcase.Cleveland was the ONLY team that offered him any kind of guaranteed deal - the hawks didn't (whew) and Dallas told him to kick rocks. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Blunt - I think part of the problem he has now is the losing. I think Bynum needs a strong leader like Kobe, Lebron, Paul, etc. to make sure he stays in line and who he will listen to, he is like a kid imo. Second, I don't think he necessarily fits into the philosophy of the Hawks organization.

He must first be released by his current team. Otherwise, whoever gets him will

be responsible for the remainder of his contract.

Once he is released, he can then be signed by any team for the vet minimum.

His current team is responsible for the $$$ due on his contract "unless" they can

get another team to take the contract and the player before they release him. They

will no longer have him or his services, or lack thereof, only his remainder $$$

when they release him.

They got suckered into signing him to this contract and now they are stuck with it.

Tough way to learn a lesson.

Personally, I wish that there was some way we could get our second round draft

pick back from over seas and put him on our roster now. I'd rather have him.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

He is a problem in the locker room. He is a child who doesn't like to play BBall. He also wanted to play in Cleveland because there, was where he was having his knees' treatment.

Remember that if we signed him, we wouldn't have Millsap too

Nope. We had Millsap before we looked at Bynum. If fact, we had locked up Millsap and Korver and we were talking to D-12. The money was not the issue.

I think the main problem is that nobody had considered a partially guaranteed deal and people were afraid of his knees and his conduct.

Nope. We had Millsap before we looked at Bynum. If fact, we had locked up Millsap and Korver and we were talking to D-12. The money was not the issue.I think the main problem is that nobody had considered a partially guaranteed deal and people were afraid of his knees and his conduct.

Nope. Check your timeline, Howard said he was going to Houston before we signed Millsap. Nice try though.
  • Like 1

Yeah I am paying attention. Bynum does not want to play on a losing team. If he was such a cancer then explain to me why the clippers and the Heat want to sign him once he clears waivers.

Lets see how much they sign him for before assuming how much other teams value him. If the Heat or Clipps sign him on the cheap, that will explain a lot; as the Cavs were the only team willing to guarantee six million dollars.

There is a huge difference in the risk and value factors between Bynum at six million guaranteed vs a possible non-guaranteed vet minimum prorated over the rest of the season after he clears waivers.

Edited by Buzzard

The guy has been hot garbage on both sides of the ball ?

He has shown spurts but him making six million for less than a half season of work, should bring more consistency and positive attitude than that. If the Cavs would have kept him, he was due 12.5 million. That is more than Millsap and only a couple of million less than Horford. Seriously, who thinks he is worth that right now?