• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bulls are tanking. Emergency meeting Hawks fans

NBASupes

It's clear without Al, we are some trash. Too small, lack of too much talent, and no legit All Star without Al. We need to tank. We must lose 20 straight games. Chicago just traded Deng and got a draft pick in the process. We need to tank NOW.

Brooklyn isn't tanking anymore. They will finish .500. We won't.

I personally think if after the next 5-10 games that the group has shown no improvement, I think it would be in the best interests of the team to tank the season. There's no way in hell we can beat the Heat/Pacers in a 7 game series, so what's the point in coming 5th or 6th again just for a first round exit. If there has ever been a season to tank the season away this is the one. I also wouldn't be against potentially trading one or more of the Williams/Teague/Millsap tandem. This team has been in midling form for too long, and management would best be advised to show some initiative instead of sitting on their hands..

/end rant

• Like 1

• Admin

The nets were never trying to tank...they have no picks and they invested in a winning team...they just sucked the first half of the season

Unfortunately they are starting to get chemistry and the East sucks so bad that they are in contention to make the playoffs.

• Like 2

I personally think if after the next 5-10 games that the group has shown no improvement, I think it would be in the best interests of the team to tank the season. There's no way in hell we can beat the Heat/Pacers in a 7 game series, so what's the point in coming 5th or 6th again just for a first round exit. If there has ever been a season to tank the season away this is the one. I also wouldn't be against potentially trading one or more of the Williams/Teague/Millsap tandem. This team has been in midling form for too long, and management would best be advised to show some initiative instead of sitting on their hands..

/end rant

If we can get some quality young players to build around then I'd be all for it. I don't want to go the draft pick route for those guys though as we've seen how hard it is to build a group of kids up together. So trade for guys with 1-3 years in the league who haven't reached their potential yet and build around that.

• Like 3

So what are the odds that the Bulls waive Bynum? I dont understand this trade for them at all considering the gave 3 future picks to the Cavs? They have Noah and Boozer.. Will they get rid of Boozer and run out there with Noah and Bynum? This trade doesnt make sense to me? Anyone else feeling the same? If the 3 future picks werent involved then alright it seems like a decent trade. But if they are tanking why give away all the picks?

• Premium Member

It's clear without Al, we are some trash. Too small, lack of too much talent, and no legit All Star without Al. We need to tank. We must lose 20 straight games. Chicago just traded Deng and got a draft pick in the process. We need to tank NOW.

Da Bulls aren't tanking. I think they would have done this move if Rose were still playing. It's a LT move. The bulls are cheap. The end result however will be a full on tank.

Ferry's going to play this out like natural selection.

• Moderators

So what are the odds that the Bulls waive Bynum? I dont understand this trade for them at all considering the gave 3 future picks to the Cavs?

100% Bynum gets waived.

The 3 picks are from the Cavs TO the Bulls.

The Bulls pick up around $20M in savings from cutting Bynum and get 1 first round pick (Sacto), 2 second rounders, and the chance to exchange picks with the Cavs in 2015 (protected).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Da Bulls aren't tanking. I think they would have done this move if Rose were still playing. It's a LT move. The bulls are cheap. The end result however will be a full on tank. Ferry's going to play this out like natural selection.

Oh to the contrary, the Bulls are clearly tanking. Rose doesn't like it, but the Bulls aren't listening to him because they know he'll never be the same. Word is they are looking to make more moves before the deadline. True, they are trying to dump long term money, but they clearly want to give themselves an opportunity at a new franchise player because they know Rose won't be THAT guy anymore.
  • Like 1

Oh to the contrary, the Bulls are clearly tanking. Rose doesn't like it, but the Bulls aren't listening to him because they know he'll never be the same. Word is they are looking to make more moves before the deadline. True, they are trying to dump long term money, but they clearly want to give themselves an opportunity at a new franchise player because they know Rose won't be THAT guy anymore.

They need to be dumping Noah on us for Lou and Brand! That would clear $11 million in salary in 2 years and almost $6 million for next year.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

They need to be dumping Noah on us for Lou and Brand! That would clear $11 million in salary in 2 years and almost $6 million for next year.

Would love to have Noah. They could have gotten a much better "win now" deal for Deng and I'm sure those were out there. However, they basically just gave him away which screams "tank". So maybe we will have a shot at Noah. Lol.
  • Like 1

• Admin

Would love that but they are never going to just 'dump' Noah. They will be getting some really really good value for him if they decided to trade him.

Would love that but they are never going to just 'dump' Noah. They will be getting some really really good value for him if they decided to trade him.

Well we can offer them some pretty good value. Good salary relief plus a former 6th man of the year winner, the right to swap with the Nets in 2015 and maybe a future 1st from us as well.