• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If one star would come to Atlanta then......

JTB

I think it's a gurantee and a fact that we will be contenders the following year! All ferry needs is that one big name star in Atlanta and then it's easy to get other good players around him.Take Kevin love for example...if ferry gave up damn near the whole team and draft picks for love. I believe once the off season comes around ferry will build a contending team in the off season no problem!So say a trade happen right now where we gave up nearly our whole roster for one star. We would of course lose most our games for the rest of the season but when the off season hit ferry and coach bud could easily put a team together around our star in that one off season and the hawks are instant contenders!...I'm not screaming championship but we would be some pacer like challengers.

• Moderators

How about Joe Johnson?

I kid. I'm not sure Love would be that magnet. He hasn't in Minny? Or are you saying that Ferry is just more competent? So who's on the list of players that might be attainable in trade: Love? anyone else? I'm scratching my head.

One guy doesn't get it. You need 2 and 1 All-Star. That is just the way it is. Look at these so called Superstars that have never been to the finals. It takes a team to get there. It's no surprise KD has not been back without Westbrook and Harden. Or Kobe without Shaq.

One guy doesn't get it. You need 2 and 1 All-Star. That is just the way it is. Look at these so called Superstars that have never been to the finals. It takes a team to get there. It's no surprise KD has not been back without Westbrook and Harden. Or Kobe without Shaq.

Kobe went to the finals twice without Shaq - won one.

That was the Black Mamba lol. Kobe and the Black Mamba do not exist together lol. But, as to your point Mamba did have Gasol.

Lol, lol - I agreed (liked) with your post about it takes more than One - just made the correction re: Shaq.Having the ONE would hopefully draw the others.

I think the theory is that if we get the one then Ferry would get us the other pieces including the second star to compete. Of course everyone in the nba is trying that.

Exactly, but also who is this transcendent Superstar? It is not Kevin Love. Kevin Love is a 1B type guy. Nobody is taking less money etc. to play with Love.

The ONE is hard to come by.And I agree that KLove is not that.Location matters - even the King himself couldn't convince his merry men to join him in Cavsland.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I'd kill to have Love here. Minn should have traded Pek to get a shot blocking center because Love is going to go all in on rebounding and he has almost no shot blocking in him. But the dude is a superstar. You don't put up the numbers he does and be otherwise.

Problem is that I am 100% convinced he's leaving Minn to go be a Laker. Dude has said for years going back to college that's where he wants to play.

Yes but my point isn't about love its just about getting the star player or doing whatever it takes to grab that one star player and building a team that can contend....which more than likely consist of all stars.See it's easy for Atlanta to get all stars. Horford and milsap can make a strong case to be on the all star team every year but guys like Kevin love or other stars like Durant is the hard piece to get....but you guys know that.But what I'm implying is that yes I believe that ferry and bud are smart enough to build all star like players once they find the pieces that are needed to go along with that one star! That's the spurs way if you think about it...Duncan was the lone star but then coach pop and bud developed Parker and ginobli. So since we are using love as an example. Put love in the middle and build around him. Sounds simple but you need a gameplan to succeed, ferry and bud has that gameplan. They know what it takes to win championships, develop players, and build team chemistry. Right now they don't really have a player they can work around...in so many ways they are still searching for their first permanent piece of the puzzle. I applaud them for giving Teague and horford a chance but it's time to take a gamble and see what happens.It's easy to develop all star players but it's hard as hell to get a superstar player.

Oh and by the way it's not about getting other stars here. Ferry and bud don't operate like that. They try to get guys that fit buds spurs like system, which will eventually turn them into a all star like player as long as they fit the system. Here's a good example:Kevin loveEric Bledsoe Horford MilsapKorverAll got coach buds system but only one of those guys are a superstar which is love. The other 4 can make a very very strong case as a consistent all star type of player year in and year out.Ferry and bud knows what they are doing I can see it when we watch the hawks. It's just that they don't have the center piece to really start making any of this happen. Vision is there but talent isn't.I told everybody that this season was the season of giving horford and Teague a chance to become a star. Teague is failing at this pretty hard where as horford seems to be a keeper but they know he isn't a superstar but is all star talent. Unfortunately you have to give up all star talent to get your superstar aka your center piece but the good thing is that ferry and bud are very smart guys and know what type of players they want and knows how to develop those guys.

I think the theory is that if we get the one then Ferry would get us the other pieces...

I think Ferry's approach is to get the team first - then shoot for a star.

(I hope one of these multi-year plans work at some point...I ain't getting any younger)

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

I really think the Hawks shot at getting a star will have to come from the draft. I just don't see it happening in free agency or by trade.

Now that I can't argue with but all Im saying is throw all our players in the pot and see what happens.

I hate this team. They are a lock for a 7th or 8th seed. Washington, Chicago, New York will pass us without question. Maybe Brooklyn as well. Fire Ferry!

Im not down on ferry yet. He hasn't made a contract he can't move. He can easily throw in almost any player with milsap or horford and sweeten the deal because no one is on a bad contract.

While thats good we still are looking for our center piece and don't know how long its going to take to get that center piece.

Im not down on ferry yet. He hasn't made a contract he can't move. He can easily throw in almost any player with milsap or horford and sweeten the deal because no one is on a bad contract.

While thats good we still are looking for our center piece and don't know how long its going to take to get that center piece.

Ferry got a less talent for more fit. The problem was, we weren't talented enough then, the downgrade really didn't help much.