• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague vs. Mack

LamarHampton

Better three and D from Mack makes it an easy decision for Bud down the stretch. The fact that Mack never turns it over is only a premium. I don't think Bud or Ferry give a rat's azz about how much Teague makes. If he's turning over, missing threes and not taking open ones, and allowing dribble drives, he'll be right where he was last night, and I'm 100% on board with it. Pero and Mack are two guys' jump shots I can always live with because they take them with great confidence and good, consistent form make or miss, and I think that means a lot to Bud.

• Like 2

I know that Teague cannot be traded this season without consent and it can be anywhere but the Bucks since we matched their offer. My question is can he be traded to them after the year or it's over the life of the contract?

• Premium Member

I know that Teague cannot be traded this season without consent and it can be anywhere but the Bucks since we matched their offer. My question is can he be traded to them after the year or it's over the life of the contract?

Just the first year is the part about not being traded without consent and not traded to the Bucks. After the first year it is regular contract.

man poster you are lucky you beat me to a post, i was contemplating about posting something close to your thread(do you all think mack has more upside than teague)mack sense we count on him more has increased his output by about 5 more points.

teague at times now is just so frustraiting,he could be a reall nemis for teams.but when you got the speed to get past anybody but miss 3 ft. bunnies and are all alone to shoot a lone jumper and miss.and a lot of times its crucial spots in the game.

the cold hard fact is for the hawks to go to the next level we need somebody thats a little better than teague.floor generals are very important in todays basketball climate.if teague would just give us a consistant 19 pts.&8 assist.

something what like a damien lillard does for portland.

• Premium Member

I'd still go with Teague but Mack's improvement does make it interesting.Teague has been hard to read this year. He has looked like an all-star PG at times, we can't forget some of the games he won us this year. With his improved play it also makes me feel that his worst games shouldn't be as bad as they are. You just can't go from 30/9 to 7/2 on 20 percent shooting on a regular basis. Even with his struggles, I still think more of this benching talk has to do with the play of Mack. Mack runs the offense, makes his shots and always seems positive on the court. There are a lot of times I feel better with him running our O.

Edited by cam1218

I know it's very, very unlikely to happen, but watching this Heat game and the past several games has me wondering if we would be better with Teague coming off the bench?I actually really like Teague, but Mack has been playing solid ball lately while JT has been less than impressive. Mack can actually knock down 3s (where Teague has really been struggling), Shelvin is pretty darn consistent (anotherbig struggle of JT), he can drive, defend, and has a great assist/turnover ratio.I never thought I'd be saying it, but should we be starting Shelvin Mack?!?Could it be the catalyst for Jeff to get back to how he was playing at the beginning of the season?Is the likelihood that this happens anything greater than zero?

I posted something similar to this back in December. http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/387882-the-disappearing-act-of-jeff-teague/

Teague has regressed this year. Since he got his paycheck he seems like he has nothing to play for. It is rather sad. From what i understand the Hawks cannot even trade him.

I posted something similar to this back in December. http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/387882-the-disappearing-act-of-jeff-teague/

Teague has regressed this year. Since he got his paycheck he seems like he has nothing to play for. It is rather sad. From what i understand the Hawks cannot even trade him.

Teague cannot be traded THIS season without his consent.

Is it possible Teague thought after Horf went down this would be his team? But, it is clearly Millsaps' team and even Korver's team before Jeff. Is he pouting?

I don't think that he is. I just think he's very weak mentally and he doesn't have the focus that the top players have. I know this is a ridiculous example but just blowing that layup with his lazy attitude in the skills challenge last year pretty sums him up. He's in his own head and until he clears that up and lets his balls drop and believes that he's as good as his skills say he should be, this is the player we're going to see more often than not.

• Like 1