• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are far from competitive at this point

DJlaysitup

Let's get real. We had a few good post-Horford-injury wins but without DMC and Pero we are not really a competitive team. Now without Jeff Teague we are "bottom +" at best.

Ayón is simply the worst center in the league...Sap is great but without a guy like AL or Pero to take some defenders away they just block him off. Lou Williams appears to be clueless in this offense...Mack is a good solid player with others around him but not a "playmaker".

Elton is old...Korver is a one-trick-pony...Dennis is useless...Scotty is a borderline backup who does good now and then...Nunnaly is an NBA-DL player who is just here..

Without Teague, Al Horford, Pero, and DMC we are phooked.

Sap can't win em all.

All I ask is that the guys we do have play hard. I didn't catch the game, but I can understand if the team just felt defeated after Teague went down. I hope Bud doesn't get discouraged in the players and vice versa. I did see some of the Knicks-Cats game and I felt embarrassed for Jordan. They laid it down flat as a mat. The Bulls also had the worst defensive quarter ever under Thibs I think. Jamal was giving it to em. The dog days are here and in full effect. Injuries mount and guys are counting down till the vacation. Am I mistaken or didn't the All-Star Game used to come at the exact midpoint of the season years ago? It's becoming common to see teams packing it in in this last week or two before the Break, and there's always an excuse. "We're young, we're beat up, we're old." I can see the regular season reduced in the near future soon as the owners find a way to recoup the lost ticket sales of course.

Edited by benhillboy

While I agree with a lot of this, a team that loses not one, but four contributors who are keys to the team and play major minutes and who by coincidence kept you competitive in games all year go down.... You're bound to look useless against one of the leagues best teams. IMHO, they didn't lay down they relied on a not ready for prime time cast. Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

We could have had everyone healthy (including Horford) and we still would have lost. Simply put, we're just not that good. But hey, it's all good as long we make the playoffs right?

Don't see how you can say that. We almost beat them earlier in the year so I think it's fair to say we would have had a shot if everyone was healthy.
  • Like 1

Don't see how you can say that. We almost beat them earlier in the year so I think it's fair to say we would have had a shot if everyone was healthy.

Agreed Nathan...with everybody healthy we would have a shot at home. Not like we could beat them in a seven game series - no way - but that doesn't matter since we would have to go through Indy and Miami to do that and that is basically impossible with our current staff of players.

The semi-finals will be Indy vs the Heat...and the Spurs against...??

...and with the 16th pick in this year's NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks take Zrerbadan Klitchkovich..a 6 foot 8 forward from Krackistan"

2nd String NBA analyst: "Well many teams have worked out Zrebadan and he looks like a promising player...word is that Atlanta will leave him in the Krisco league for further seasoning...now with the next pick....."

Edited by DJlaysitup

Don't pay him any attention. He's quickly taking over as forum troll.

Goose is probably a decent player....in some other league.

This team is pretty fun to watch when healthy (even excluding Horford) and can beat a lot of teams. I really think with Horford we could have won the East.

Lou does seem a bit lost, and Teague`s disappearing act is pretty troublesome. He really seems to lack fire a lot of times.

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Don't pay him any attention. He's quickly taking over as forum troll.

Feel free to disagree and offer your thoughts. However, there's no need for the "troll" comment. That's all I will and need to say to that. Edited by Jody23

Feel free to disagree and offer your thoughts. However, there's no need for the "troll" comment. That's all I will and need to say to that.

Yep. Truth can hurt. Why offer my thoughts? So you and others like you can continue the "woah is me" cycle? No thanks.

And losing to the Spurs like we did doesn't bother me at all. The Spurs are a well-oiled machine that can get it done against anybody.

The facts are though, other teams have had people hurt throughout the year. We simply need other people on the team to step their games up . . starting with Kyle Korver.

• Like 1

Goose is probably a decent player....in some other league.

This team is pretty fun to watch when healthy (even excluding Horford) and can beat a lot of teams. I really think with Horford we could have won the East.

Go Hawks!

See there you go...I agree until....

Fully healthy we couldn't beat either Indy or the Heat in a series....a couple home games yes..but...

Not hating on us...just reality.

Edited by DJlaysitup