• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No thread about the one free agent we have to bring back next yr, Mike Scott

NBASupes

Last ten games he has had 14 and 4 with a .535 FG% and his overall PER is 18.38

He might be getting closer to that 5 mil range than the 3 mil range but he's worth it. I said it going into the season, he has Brandon Bass like potential. A lesser David West with more range.

• Like 3

Brandon Bass wishes he were as veratile. I understand he had some lingering injury problems from college that kinda hindered him early on? He looks to be 100% now. You can kinda tell opposing teams hate him, too. Then the coaches turn on the the film and say "see #32, he killed y'all tonight. Learn from that no-name 43rd pick." It's Mike Scott, fool. I just counted 30 players drafted before him that shouldn't have been drafted before him. Austin Rivers and Royce White were the kickers.I think the young man has a chip

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

My problem with Scott is that he's instant offense for both teams. He is just bad on defense. I think it is due to his tweener size and game. He's too small to guard a PF and he's not quick enough for most SF. But offensively he can definitely come in a game and hit some shots.

I have to think that DF can possibly use these surprising guys like Scott and Mack in a trade if he had to because otherwise we're going to have to sign both of these guys to competitive offers.

• Like 1

Who the f**k is Mike Scott? I've been seeing this comment from other teams fans a lot recently - that can only mean he is doing more right things than wrong things. His defense is still a struggle but it's something he knows - he's said as much that in irder to get more playing time he has to rebound better and play better defense (coach told him that). I do think his team defense is has gotten a little better. If he continues to improve on that I will be happy. He will never be a great individual defender (too slow for SF too light for PF) but as long as the effort and understanding and continued improvement is there about the team defense he is definitely a keeper!

On another note: why Mike Scott tattoes look like kid stickers (especially the small round ones) - lol.

I read somewhere that they are emoticons, I guess from iPhone, and he is getting them all. I think I saw that on Twitter somewhere, maybe from The Starters?

Some of us have been big fans of his since the draft. I've always said he reminds me of Drew Gooden and that's the type of player on both ends I still see out of him, with a bit more range.To think there were many who criticized his selection smh

• Like 1

How has Bud managed to make the game so easy for him? The dude fills the stat sheet for his minutes, and nothing he does comes out of the flow. Many say he's a poor man defender, but I don't even notice it. He just wants to conserve his energy so he can streak in transition. I'll take that trade off with all the timeouts he and Kyle causes opposing coaches to take.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

The Drew Gooden comparison is a very good one. I think Drew was a slightly better re bounder but I'll give Mike some time to improve.

Iv'e got to say, during his rookie season I though of him as a guy with limited athleticism, limited potential, some decent post moves and an OK shot. He's been a very pleasant surprise and he seems like not only a nice player but an interesting and fun guy to have on your team.

• Like 1

The Drew Gooden comparison is a very good one. I think Drew was a slightly better re bounder but I'll give Mike some time to improve. Iv'e got to say, during his rookie season I though of him as a guy with limited athleticism, limited potential, some decent post moves and an OK shot. He's been a very pleasant surprise and he seems like not only a nice player but an interesting and fun guy to have on your team.

Yeah he's far more athletic in the open court than I ever imagined him to be. I actually wonder if he's capable of being a highlight dunker.
  • Like 1

Yeah he's far more athletic in the open court than I ever imagined him to be. I actually wonder if he's capable of being a highlight dunker.

He doesn't seem to have much lift but relies more on flashy (and sometimes kind of cheesy Karl Malone style) moves. He can catch and finish well but I still wouldn't say he's overly athletic.

• Moderators

To think there were many who criticized his selection smh

Posted Image

He is the only pick Ferry has made that is above reproach right now. It would be interesting to see when he would make the rotation with Horford not injured but he has made the most of his opportunities. If he gets even average on D, that will push him up to potential starter status rather than the quality role player he is today. Great value from his spot in the draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He's already had a bunch of great dunks. In fact he's really the only dunker on the team as far as i can tell. At the twolves game he definitely had some trouble on D but it says a lot when Bud is willing to risk Millsap fouling out in crunch time and brings in Scott.