• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In ten years, this franchise will likely be in the same place they are today

NBASupes

• Premium Member

In the middle. Going nowhere. Fired Ferry, Coach Bud fired and went to a great franchise like Carlisle. In the same place. I hate this franchise man.

Sounds like you don't think any moves are gonna be made.
  • Like 1

Sounds like you don't think any moves are gonna be made.

I want to give Ferry the vote of confidence but look at this franchise, we have been in this same position since Nique was traded. Even with Nique, we were never as good as Boston, Philly, or LA. We were at the same level as Milwaukee.

I talked to some peeps in the industry, new guys. Nothing concrete like before but word out of Minny is they might explore deals but they really REALLY want to keep Love.

I checked on Larry Sanders. Mil are willing to trade him but mid 1st at the least and a decent player. The market isn't offering close to do that. Teams want him for 2/10.

Asik is in talks about nothing legit. NY wants him but not for what Houston wants.

NY is willing to trade everybody BUT Hardaway and Melo. So basically they aren't willing to trade nobody valuable.

Teague trade rumors overblown. Atlanta wants a good offer, Denver is an option. Gallo is on the block.

Boston wants too much for Green. Not sure about Atlanta interest. I read an internet article on here but I don't think that's real.

Melo wants to be in NY. I guess it's big news because the media says he doesn't but like I said, there guys aren't sound, they are just hearing work of mouth stuff.

I don't hear much about the Hawks other than others on the Hawks. Either they keep shit close to the vest or nothing is going to happen. Others have said they are active tho but didn't say what for outside of Jeff.

What do I think. Jeff won't be traded. If so, it will be a good trade.

Look out for Denver. They have been very active. Boston wants too much. Milwaukee is playing it smart but realgm posting that they like Gordon is true but NO isn't interested in what they are willing to offer.

As for Blockbusters, Love could be traded. Not likely and who is in it, I don't know.

Melo is going no where.

Westbrook is going no where.

Horford is likely going no where.

Noah is going no where.

Milsap is likely going no where.

So nothing should happen.

Watch for the Magic. Watch for the Bobcats. Watch for the Cavs. Watch for the Suns.

Teams who probably are staying put: Spurs, Nets, Hawks, Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, and Heat.

So to answer your question, I have very little hope in the Hawks but I can't say they aren't trying. I just don't think people value the Hawks players outside of Horford and they don't value Horford as much as I value him from the years past when Sund was GM. I remember Utah wanting him Deron and Denver wanting him for Melo but I am glad Atlanta passed on it. Horf is worth more to me than those two.

• Premium Member

We have to make a deal for Love. I truly believe if we get a playoff run with him as the main guy he'll want to stay here. The team needs a motor first before we can make a championship contender and we don't have anyone that is close to being a superstar on the roster.

We have to make a deal for Love. I truly believe if we get a playoff run with him as the main guy he'll want to stay here. The team needs a motor first before we can make a championship contender and we don't have anyone that is close to being a superstar on the roster.

You can say that but Minny has to be willing to trade Love. That has yet to be seen. But clearly, any Al Horford deal will clearly surpass any other deal on the market. You know how I feel about Al. You know that while I like K. Love and respect the hell out of him, I am not amazed by him in terms of impact on the game regardless if his adv stats say he's 2nd to Durant. His games tell me he has critical holes in his game.

I am a firm believer that Milsap is a good player and a great pickup but he can be moved for the defensive center with lesser talent. He isn't Pek. Pek is a player I wouldn't move period. Good centers don't come around everyday. Inside scoring, sets great picks, can defend his position, strength. I love Pek. You don't downgrade from guys like Pek or Marc Gasol. I would downgrade from Milsap if the fit was there honestly.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd be thrilled if the Hawks are still in Atlanta in ten years. I just hope they wise up like the Braves did and move to Cobb or Gwinett to get the attendance numbers up. lmao This is a different franchise, but great teams don't happen over night. We're still in transition here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I dont want to offend anybody but sometimes fans can be fickle. I guess Hawks fans have been beaten down over the years, but i have seen a lot of signs that tell me this franchise is on the right track. Bud wouldnt have left the Spurs for our head coaching job if it were not that way.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I dont want to offend anybody but sometimes fans can be fickle. I guess Hawks fans have been beaten down over the years, but i have seen a lot of signs that tell me this franchise is on the right track. Bud wouldnt have left the Spurs for our head coaching job if it were not that way.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think folks are just tired of year after year hoping just to have those hopes dashed. DF had to get something going before 5 years cause the attendance is in the dumpster.