• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

Ehh, he's just following the Pacer model of writing checks with his mouth that his body can't cash. It all started with Granger during their first matchup in the playoffs 3 years ago. George, Hibbert, Stephenson etc. have just been continuing that trend with their nearly nightly bulletin board material quotes.

Lance's quotes had less than no effect on LeBron. When these teams first met in the playoffs, he was a cheerleader. Shame on him and his teammates for thinking he made LeBron step up because of something he said. It's fu$kin LeBron James.

Despite Stephenson's tantalizing talents, sources said there are many in the organization who don't think it's a good decision to give him a rich, long-term contract, given the way he has acted during the season. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9Tkaiv5z.dpuf

After Stephenson missed out on the All-Star team, he changed. He started a bit of a personal vendetta against East coaches, wanting to personally send a message in those games, which took him further out of the flow on some nights, sources said. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9Tkaiv5z.dpuf

Overall, the team noticed a shift in Stephenson from a more team-oriented approach to a more self-oriented focus, where he started obsessing about his statistics. People within the team believed his upcoming free agency was also a motivating factor for Stephenson, who wanted to enhance his value, something he believed suffered when he didn't get an All-Star nod. ESPN.com

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Despite Stephenson's tantalizing talents, sources said there are many in the organization who don't think it's a good decision to give him a rich, long-term contract, given the way he has acted during the season. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9Tkaiv5z.dpuf

After Stephenson missed out on the All-Star team, he changed. He started a bit of a personal vendetta against East coaches, wanting to personally send a message in those games, which took him further out of the flow on some nights, sources said. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9Tkaiv5z.dpuf

Overall, the team noticed a shift in Stephenson from a more team-oriented approach to a more self-oriented focus, where he started obsessing about his statistics. People within the team believed his upcoming free agency was also a motivating factor for Stephenson, who wanted to enhance his value, something he believed suffered when he didn't get an All-Star nod. ESPN.com

I believe it.

Having said that, though. I say we give him a meeting and we figure out if he's a complete headcase. I'd offer him 4/$40M, which might be enough to nab him. If we can screw his head on right, he fits us perfectly as a big, rebounding wing who can create off the dribble. If not, he is definitely tradeable.

I doubt Ferry offers him a contract though, doesn't seem like our type of player and I can see why.

I believe it.

Having said that, though. I say we give him a meeting and we figure out if he's a complete headcase. I'd offer him 4/$40M, which might be enough to nab him. If we can screw his head on right, he fits us perfectly as a big, rebounding wing who can create off the dribble. If not, he is definitely tradeable.

I doubt Ferry offers him a contract though, doesn't seem like our type of player and I can see why

Then he has another post All-star meltown here if he feels slighted?

Or he gets paid and just goes completely off the reservation playing the way he wants?

Na...pass.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Then he has another post All-star meltown here if he feels slighted?

Or he gets paid and just goes completely off the reservation playing the way he wants?

Na...pass.

I can see the worry. His talent fits pretty much perfectly though. I would hope Bud, Horf, Millsap, Carroll and Korver could get through to him.

And there's more:

Stephenson's act had long worn thin by late March. When the players had meetings to address issues with the sudden struggles, Stephenson sometimes wasn't involved. Occasionally he appeared to be unaware they were even happening. Most players on the team, now that they were losing, shared similar feelings about Stephenson, but did not vocalize their problems publicly. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9Tkaiv5z.dpuf

Cant believe there are still people that want to take a chance on him after seeing all the dysfunction he has brought to the pacers after having an increased role.

He isnt even in a toxic situation to excuse his behavior. He is the 3rd option on a championship contending team surrounded by mostly high character players with a strong culture of hard work and hustle that was diligently built and overlooked by one of the most influential, strongest, no nonsense leaders in NBA history in Larry Bird.

But somehow we expect him to change by giving him more money, more power, more responsibilities, with less influential figures around him?

• Like 2

Cant believe there are still people that want to take a chance on him after seeing all the dysfunction he has brought to the pacers after having an increased role.

He isnt even in a toxic situation to excuse his behavior. He is the 3rd option on a championship contending team surrounded by mostly high character players with a strong culture of hard work and hustle that was diligently built and overlooked by one of the most influential, strongest, no nonsense leaders in NBA history in Larry Bird.

But somehow we expect him to change by giving him more money, more power, more responsibilities, with less influential figures around him?

I'm willing to take a shot on him at 7-9m because I believe in this coaching staff but he will likely get more than that and he's a risk already so unless ferry wants him badly and there are reports that say ferry wants him...Im sticking with no because he will be too much.

• Premium Member

I'm willing to take a shot on him at 7-9m because I believe in this coaching staff but he will likely get more than that and he's a risk already so unless ferry wants him badly and there are reports that say ferry wants him...Im sticking with no because he will be too much.

Coaching staff is good, but it cannot change every player. They need to add guys that already bring certain skills and certain mentality to the table.
  • Like 2

I even dispute that. A team-oriented guy with his talents fits. He isn't and doesn't.

I'm speaking more of his skillset. He rebounds, defends, handles and has at times shown a willingness to pass. He can create from the wing and has a decent jumpshot. Let's also not pretend Vogel is running some incredible offensive system in Indiana.

Having said that, if all this stuff about him specifically being the cause of all of Indiana's strife is true, then of course we want no part of him. I just tend not to place a whole lot of trust in the things ESPN says. But when there's smoke (and there's been a good amount), there's fire.

IF our coaching staff brings him on, I trust our coaches to get him under control. If they don't, they probably think there's no hope with him in which case he's not worth it, sure.

He had some outstanding defensive possessions on both Wade and LeBron, and actually seemed to get in LeBron's head with the pinch and ear blow. You've got to love his gamesmanship and stubbornness to be his old crazy self regardless of everyone constantly killing him. He's clearly got some character issues, that are far outweighed by his game IMO.

The Pacers are the poster child for Helter Skelter. PG was the man. And can we finally put this conspiracy theory about LeBron to rest? It's tired and lazy. He's probably never had 5 fouls and 3 FT attempts in his career, let alone in a game that could've given him his 5th East Ring. Make him face two 2-way players on both ends and that's what you get. The main reason I want Lance and (insert young athletic 6"7ish wing).

• Like 1

Lance is a head case...he is the new Ron Artest

But Artest went on to win championships with the Lakers and even Kobe would tell you he was a great teammate. Not sayin this would be the case with Lance. But at some point we are going to have to take a chance. We aren't attracting top tier talent in free agency and I don't agree with gutting the team to trade for a superstar rental with hopes of resigning them at the end of their contract. We need to get talent in other ways. Taking a chance on a guy with his abilities wouldn't be the worst thing we could do, even if he's a head case. This would be assuming he would come at somewhat of a bargain considering that said chance. I'm torn because I'm not a fan of low character guys but his abilities do seem to fill a major need for us. Edited by Ruckus
  • Like 1