• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers GAME 6

lethalweapon3

Tonight a guy like Pero, Migue, Mack or even Lou could step up an instantly become an Atlanta legend. Here's to hoping this is the case! My bet is on Pero. He is due for a big game.

• Like 2

Its time for a history lesson while we wait for the game (May Day in Seattle, oh great try to get home in that mess)

We all know that if the Hawks win tonight they will be sixth 8th seed to beat 1 but here is the biggest kicker of this.

Since starting with 16 teams for the playoffs in 1984, record for all sub .500 teams in playoffs was a 2-40 record (for series) and the last time that a team actually win a series in this format is the 1986-87 Seattle Sonics that went all way to the WCF (loss to Lakers 4-0)

In fact in history of NBA only four teams with sub .500 actually won a series besides the Sonics (58 - 59 Lakers, 80 - 81 Kings and 80 - 81 Rockets) with Lakers and Rockets getting into the NBA Finals those years.

As you see, it is hard to get series victories as a 8th seed even as a .sub 500 team. Right now, the Hawks is playing together as a team, with confidence, like another team that been doing this for decades. Tonight if the Hawks wins they will join these teams. But for the game, I think there is more pressure for the Pacers to win. If Hawks can weather that storm and contiune to play their game, then I believe that they will win. They are going to smaller and throw everything at them and they will play dirty. If bench step up like last game and Milsap and Teague does their thing, I can see the Hawks winning this.

Game 6 has been hallmark games for us in the history of the Hawks, from Pacers beating us last year to that magical game versus Boston when Big 3 started to Duel in Boston (Nique vs Bird). These game six changes the Hawks one way or another. Tonight, with national spotlight on them, they will have a chance to get that NTTH(Never trust the Hawks) label off of them and telling the world that Hawks has finally arrived (still got game 7 BUT...).

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 3

Fortunately (well, sadly because I would like to watch every game on live) the only game in this series that I will be able to watch entire on live will be this game. I hope I won't bring bad luck :D

I'll be a bit tired at the end but it's worth it.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 2

Fortunately (well, sadly because I would like to watch every game on live) the only game in this series that I will be able to watch entire on live will be this game. I hope I won't bring bad luck grin.gif

I'll be a bit tired at the end but it's worth it.

GO HAWKS!!

If you're not a bit tired at the end of any Hawks playoff game then you're not getting into them enough. I have the paramedics on standby at playoff time now that I know we will compete in every game.

• Like 2

Players in their PAC warm ups.

More importantly Jessica Taylor's fine booth working her version of a #redout

If you're not a bit tired at the end of any Hawks playoff game then you're not getting into them enough. I have the paramedics on standby at playoff time now that I know we will compete in every game.

I'm nauscious ...already..great game thread as usual.

I might be in bed in 3 hours...GO HAWKS!!!!