• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk! Are we already delirious about the upcoming free agents?

JTB

I don't mean to be cold blooded but I really want to start seeing post of free agents that the hawks actually have a shot at getting! When I was going through my Spencer Hawes phase, sure I was getting on everybody's damn nerves but at least Hawes is a REAL target and possibility to come here!

We have posters talking about bringing in Patty Mills or Gortat (not to crack on Diesel) and Im thinking…...

-why the hell would Patty Mills leave the spurs bench to play with the hawks bench? when you can answer that with something that makes sense then we can really think about bringing him over.

-then theres that so called "true center" gortat that we all want but why the hell would gortat leave washington? a place he's having much success and is still in the playoffs as we speak.

Heres a list from another poster (forgot who…sorry) of targets that probably won't happen though we would love to see some of them here:

My targets:

Attacking wings

1. Danny Granger- not happening

2. Rudy Gayr- not happening

3. Gordon Haywardr- not happening

4. Lance Stephenson- I will give it a maybe but likely not going to happen

5. Rodney Stuckey-I would say we can get him

6. Nick Young-I will give it a maybe but I think he rather stay in LA

Shooting/Defensive wings

1. Thabo Sefolosha-Maybe but then again I say no! He's the best defense perimeter guy OKC has!

2. Trevor Arizar- not happening

3. Jodie Meeks-Another maybe guy! I can actually see this one happening but its hard to persuade a guy to leave from LA even when they are losing.

4. CJ Milesr- not happening

5. Marvin Williams- not happening…because we don't want him back!

Of course there's more free agents out there not on this list that we probably can't get but would love to have but my point is that we need to try to be realistic! I may have went Spencer Hawes crazy at one point but I know we can get him if Ferry really wanted him…thats an example of a REAL target. Some of these guys that are being mentioned, though they may be unrestricted free agents aren't real targets! By the way as far as restricted free agents go I see only 2 free agents we have a shot at…….

-Evan Turner- because the pacers don't have a lot of money and they want Lance back more than Turner, its probably easy to snatch up Turner if you want to pay him about 8m.

-Greg Monroe-because Ferry has ties with Monroes agent who was his former agent, we may get something done there. Also because the pistons are in a money situation now too and its best to put Smith back at PF after the SF experiment failed for them.

But I believe thats it…we have no chance at any other RESTRICTED free agent but don't hold me to that, I can be honest and say I need to look over the free agency one last time.

• Premium Member

Well, first you have to explain some of your not happenings.

For instance,I think Trevor Ariza would be somebody easy to target.

Washington has to pony up for Gortat.. they also have Otto Porter and Singleton. Ariza may not be in their future.

I never considered Granger but I don't see why not.

• Like 2

Washington has to pony up for Gortat.. they also have Otto Porter and Singleton. Ariza may not be in their future.

I agree man. The only not happenings should be RFA's that teams value and are willing to pay for. Everyone else is a possibiity.

Ok I will explain....

Ariza is 28 and a major reason they have made it this far in the second round. Not to mention their best perimeter defender.

Washington just got back in the playoffs. I don't think their ready to depend on porter or singleton to do what Ariza does for them on a nightly basis.

I can easily see Washington getting Ariza back.

I honestly want Melo or Lebron. I think they will put us in the next level. Then trade Sap for Larry Sanders and a future MIL 1st.

Sanders is a head ache and he's only been good 1 year....gotta give us more than just sanders and a worthless future draft pick in my opinion.

But I look a draft picks in the nba a waste unlike the nfl so I may be too harsh here.

Turner for only $8M!!!!! What a deal!

russian_roulette.gif

Lol not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I only said 8m cause I believe he's at that about now and also I believe a team is going to look pass his flaws in Indiana and give him a shot with deal worth around 8-9.5 mil...which Indiana probably won't match cause they want lance back more than turner.

I just don't think there will be a major move.

There probably won't be but I do believe there will be a winning move as far as bringing in more talent to fit our team and make is better next year!

For example spencer hawes ( I know, I know there goes that name again) may not be a major move but he would be a winning move because we are now giving bud a legit starting big that can knock down the 3 consistently unlike Pero. Wheather he starts or not is up to bud...really it doesn't matter cause horford can hold his own in paint on most centers but just to be able to give bud that option of having a very very decent big that can constantly knock down the 3 ball is a worthy pickup and great option for coach bud.

Personally I think that if we ever wanted to go "young" this is the time. 2nd year Head Coach...lotsa guys who have proven they can play (at least in the playoffs)...could easily get decent draft picks (not top 6 but)...trade wild for youth and then TANK next year.

Not what most Hawksquawkers would recommend...just my humble opinion.

Get a bunch of new guys and maybe save a few vets...win 28. Then get a top pick in 2015 and go for the GOLD!.

p.s. you gotta wait until LeBron peters out anyway.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

Lol not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I only said 8m cause I believe he's at that about now and also I believe a team is going to look pass his flaws in Indiana and give him a shot with deal worth around 8-9.5 mil...which Indiana probably won't match cause they want lance back more than turner.

Any team willing to give Turner close to $8M per deserves what it gets.

Want a multitalented SG who can't shoot or play defense? Where can I sign up?

For real though...

1) Trade Afflalo for Lou and a draft pick

2) Sign Gortat outright

3) Draft an athletic wing that is aggressive on offense and can shoot

4) Bring over Bebe, continue to develop him along with Moose, Dennis, Mack and Scott

5) and most important... Get Al back healthy

This would be a dream off-season for us. Guaranteed to be in a position to flourish next season.

Teague / Mack / Dennis

Afflalo / KK / Draft pick

Millsap / DMC / Draft pick

Horford / Scott / Moose

Gortat / Bebe

Edited by Ruckus
  • Like 1

For real though...

1) Trade Afflalo for Lou and a draft pick

2) Sign Gortat outright

3) Draft an athletic wing that is aggressive on offense and can shoot

4) Bring over Bebe, continue to develop him along with Moose, Dennis, Mack and Scott

5) and most important... Get Al back healthy

This would be a dream off-season for us. Guaranteed to be in a position to flourish next season.

Teague / Mack / Dennis

Afflalo / KK / Draft pick

Millsap / DMC / Draft pick

Horford / Scott / Moose

Gortat / Bebe

milsap is not a SF I agree with affalo but I think they should spend the money else where on a wing like heyward or deng