• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Potential "Diamond In The Rough" FA candidates

GameTime

None of these guys are a worth a shit for our roster. We need primetime players, we got role players and future role players.

I agree.

What we really need, is for our draft picks to be the type of role players that the ones suggested here are. If Schröder, Jenkins, Bebe, and the 2014 1st round draft pick can step up and crack the rotation . . or at least give us quality spot minutes at times . . that will eliminate the need to bring in cheap, role playing free agents, and have us concentrate on bringing in a free agent who can crack the starting lineup.

If the current rotation is . . .

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Carroll

PF - Millsap

C - Horford

6th - Lou

. . . then having Dennis and JJ take the place of Mack, and Bebe take the place of Scott, and the 1st round pick cracking the rotation, it means that we probably need a significant player added to the team, so that either Korver and/or Carroll can go to the bench.

One of those cheap free agents will probably have to be added though. But at some point, we need to see if these young draft picks can play, or if we need to cut our losses and move on.

Seems as you win with seasoned quality veterans. So here are Deng, Granger, Gortat, Rudy Gay, Livingston, Hawes and Marvin.

Right.

People don't want to mention Marvin around here, but here were his stats in his final season here

10.2 ppg

5.2 rebs

1.2 asst

43% FG

39% 3FG

54% TS

113 Off Rtg

101 Def Rtg

If we're simply looking for a cheap role player, we may as well get one who can offensively play and defend the 3 and the 4. Can't deny that he'd fit Bud's system, seeing that he's always been a team first type of guy anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bS5emrauoU

• Premium Member

Waiting for Diesel to go off about Marvin......

You're right. There's no place for Marvin on this team. Really? Marvin is not a good player. We have DMC who is 10 times the player that Marvin is because DMC has passion. This whole team has a fire and has passion.

As far as a FA pickup, we need a Big SG who can hit the long ball and play good defense.

In Leiu of that, I would look at the following people already mentioned:

Xavier Henry.

Wilson Chandler.

Wesley Johnson

CJ Miles.

Jimmer Freddette.

Of those, everybody knows I am a Wesley Johnson fan. However, I could see us picking up Jimmer.

• Like 1

You're right. There's no place for Marvin on this team. Really? Marvin is not a good player. We have DMC who is 10 times the player that Marvin is because DMC has passion. This whole team has a fire and has passion.

As far as a FA pickup, we need a Big SG who can hit the long ball and play good defense.

In Leiu of that, I would look at the following people already mentioned:

Xavier Henry.

Wilson Chandler.

Wesley Johnson

CJ Miles.

Jimmer Freddette.

Of those, everybody knows I am a Wesley Johnson fan. However, I could see us picking up Jimmer.

Wesley Johnson is my guy too. He's the closest thing to Danny Green in the league and could immediately plug in and play in our system. He's not quite the 3pt shooter that Green is but 37% in the Lakers system should get a bump in our system with more open shots. He's an inch taller than Green and a year younger as well. I've been a fan of Wesley's since Syracuse and while he's never lived up to the potential that I thought he had, I still think he's young enough to develop into a player who can start on a championship team.

I have been thinking marvin but didnt want to bring that name up. He would be a good pick up for us.

I Tweeted that idea to Lang Greene kinda tongue in cheek a couple weeks back.