• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone rub shoulders with NBA players?

DrReality

• Moderators

I don't have any good NBA player stories but I did get to spend about 30 minutes with Pele and then meet Hank Aaron on the same day. Nice pictures with both of them and autographs (multiple from Pele and one from Hammering Hank). That was a lot of fun as an 11 year old!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I often catch Hawks and Dream players over around Atlantic Station (a Falcon or two on occasion, although I don't always recognize them right away).

Last Hawk I shook hands with was Goose Ayón, the day before the Hawks played Game 7 against the Pacers. I probably jinxed us, lol! He had Hawks gear on (tee and warmup), but it's hard not to recognize him either way. We briefly agreed how tough it was to put the Pacers away. I offered up best wishes for him healing up quickly and good luck with the Mexico National Team.

~lw3

• Like 1

I often catch Hawks and Dream players over around Atlantic Station (a Falcon or two on occasion, although I don't always recognize them right away).

Last Hawk I shook hands with was Goose Ayón, the day before the Hawks played Game 7 against the Pacers. I probably jinxed us, lol! He had Hawks gear on (tee and warmup), but it's hard not to recognize him either way. We briefly agreed how tough it was to put the Pacers away. I offered up best wishes for him healing up quickly and good luck with the Mexico National Team.

~lw3

Odd. The last time I saw Ayón he was storming the wall from the north, concerned about winter still coming.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I did shots with Charles Barkley at a bar in Philly. He wanted to do a Lemon Drop and I made fun of him. Luckily he laughed.

Of course, Duff_Man met Barkley at a bar. It was inevitable!

duffman1.png

• Like 3

I did shots with Charles Barkley at a bar in Philly. He wanted to do a Lemon Drop and I made fun of him. Luckily he laughed.

The round mound of lemon bars(and apparently drops)..

[EDITED]. Does that count?

No srsly. Closest thing to ever rubbing shoulders with an NBA player was playing point on the youth team of the Eiffel Towers Nijmegen, a 1st league Dutch baskeball team, who then moved to Breda, Holland and then signed Chris Copeland for a year. Who I never met or see play. But its kinda cool I went playing for a team which had an NBA player.

Comming to think of it though I did see Derrick Phelps allot when the Eiffel Towers where still in Nijmegen. Not really NBA, but NCAA champ for the NC Tar Heels alongside George Lynch, and still has the NC steals record ahead of Michael Jordan.

And so the ball is round, as they say in soccer...

Edited by Dolfan23
Edited for content not suitable for minors