• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone rub shoulders with NBA players?

DrReality

• Moderators

I know this doesnt really count but Mike Scott re-tweeted me once! I tweeted him saying his dunk in a certain game was nice and all, but i wanted to kmow when he was going to break some glass. Guess he liked that.

If we're talking about Twitter, then for whatever reason, P-Bird's fave DeShawn Stevenson started following me on Twitter... I was like alright, cool.

deshawnone-300x211.jpg

And Mike Scott is awesome on Twitter and Instagram. I gave him a follow on both.

• Premium Member

I taught Charlie Villanueva, Jake Voskul, and several other UConn guys and gals.

I've met all of REM while working and going to school in Athens. Great guys.

Hey... did you teach them in a "paper Class"?

Shit I forgot I played quite a bit with Sam Cassell back in the day before he went to FSU he was a community college star here. Player at the same gym.

I also met Kenny Lofton and that big home run hitter the Indians had tgat cane up with him but drawing a blank in his name. I met them and many other guys back in Winter Haven Florida when I lived there and they played spring training games there. I was working at a bowling alley and the players came in on weekends to unwind a lot since we had little else to do there. I had no idea who they were since they were rookies but had autographs from lots of those guys.

I met Jarrett Jack at a GT football game a while back. Funny cause I was the only person who knew who he was and he went to Tech. I went to school with Dr. J's nephew. I didn't believe him so he brought in a picture of the whole family at Christmas. I never got a chance to meet him though.

Former Dukie William Avery grew up not far from me, I saw him from time to time. Jarret Jack's aunt is lives in my town and good friends with my aunt, saw him up close in his Tech days at his cousin's wedding for the garter toss, lol. If you want to count him Garrett Siler shows up at the former Augusta St.Peach Belt Conference games(now Georgia Regents U.)

This explains why you were pulling for us to trade for Marion a couple years ago.

I'm jealous[/quote

I made the trek to Atlanta. I try to every 3 /4 years for a game. I felt like a turd, being 28, yelling "Nique, Nique!!!!" But he came over, cool, posed. I was pumped. He's my favorite player of all time, I mean shit...

I've met...

Jerious Norwood-Former Falcons RB from Mississippi state.Lightening fast

Jamal Anderson-Bust DE for the falcons a few years back from Arkansas

Chandler Catanzaro-All-time leading scorer for the Clemson tigers.One of the best kickers in college football

Zac Brooks-Backup RB for Clemson last year.He should start this year

Tajh Boyd-Used to be Clemson QB but now is on the Jets roster

Tavarresse King-Former WR for UGA now plays for the Panthers

Kevin Ellison-QB for Georgia Southern

That's all my noteable names but my friend has been to DeAngelo Hall's house!

Edited by Dirtybird26

Met Tracy McGrady at Applebee's by Cumberland mall about 12 years ago. He was actually my favorite player at the time so it was a real crazy moment for me. Met the Undertaker at the airport in Memphis, SUPER cool guy. Gave autographs randomly for like an hour straight.

Also met Iverson at Cumberland about 3 years ago. And my barber cut josh smiths hair and I ran into him once as he was leaving the shop.

Oh I always forget about these guys bc they just don't seem like celebs to me bc I'm around them so much but I've known Al Wilson (former broncos linebacker) Jabari Greer (former saints cb) and Ed TooTall Jones for years. They all went to my high school and my town is so small that we don't really treat them like celebs, they're just guys to us. They used to come around a lot when I played football and help with the coaching. Al would pay for our uniforms damn near every year. Jabari wasn't around as much bc he was still playing but I know him really we'll through my brother, they played together.

Oh I always forget about these guys bc they just don't seem like celebs to me bc I'm around them so much but I've known Al Wilson (former broncos linebacker) Jabari Greer (former saints cb) and Ed TooTall Jones for years. They all went to my high school and my town is so small that we don't really treat them like celebs, they're just guys to us. They used to come around a lot when I played football and help with the coaching. Al would pay for our uniforms damn near every year. Jabari wasn't around as much bc he was still playing but I know him really we'll through my brother, they played together.

Oh my ...I'm ashamed I forgot to mention meeting Nate Thurmond and Al Attles at a Warrior function in 2005. I made a joke and they both cracked up.

Also had a friend working in PR for a local television station that got us press tix into Braves/Giants game in 1999. We went into the Braves clubhouse after the game and met Bobby Cox and a few players. For some reason I had a stared down with Andruw Jones. He was kinda giving me the "ill kick ur a$$" stare down but I'm not sure why lol. They also had the most amount of junk food waiting for them that I'd ever seen. I thought athletes ate better than that, more nutritious. But Bobby Cox attacked the food like he was drunk lol.

I also met Alexandra Paul aka Stephanie Holden from my favorite show Baywatch lol... At the airport in San Jose on my way to Vegas in 2000. Pretty nice lady. I guess I woulda preferred meeting Pam Anderson or Jasmine Bleeth but then again beggars can't be choosers...:-/

Dion Glover used to come to the gym I worked at a lot. I also delivered pizza to him back in the day. My biggest memory related to the hawks though wasn't actually meeting a player but getting to go on their jet at the airport. I knew a guy who worked there and he let me and a friend get in the jet. Mutombo's seat was so much bigger than anybody else's.

I also met Alexandra Paul aka Stephanie Holden from my favorite show Baywatch lol... At the airport in San Jose on my way to Vegas in 2000. Pretty nice lady. I guess I woulda preferred meeting Pam Anderson or Jasmine Bleeth but then again beggars can't be choosers...:-/

By the way this was early June if 2000 and I was reading the sports section of the newspaper regarding draft prospects. I believe we had the 6th pick in the draft. I really wanted us to draft Mike Miller, but he went one pick before us to Orlando, we got Dermarr Johnson and the rest is history.

I was at a party at the Fox theatre hosted by Jezebel magazine...Isaiah Rider was there. He was real cool and talked to me and my father for like 20 minutes. Since then I've refused to bash him.