• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Orlando trades Afflalo to Denver for Fournier

• Moderators

We got all this cap flexibility... however, Aaron Afflalo was just traded to Denver for potential and capspace.  Afflalo is the exact guy we needed.

No he's not.  Afflalo is a good player, but he is no where near a star or starter we need at 2.  He's a defensive liability and a high-volume shooter.  I'd rather have Korver starting.

Arron Afflalo vs. Kyle Korver player comparison:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=afflaar01&y1=2014&p2=korveky01&

y2=2014

Based on Advanced stats and considering Korver makes $6 mil/year, Korver is the better player at starting 2 guard.

Orlando traded Afflalo's $7.7 million in exchange for Fournier's $1.4 mill, saving them $6.3 million. What would the Hawks have offered to save Orlando that kind of money. Pick #43 and who?

Like others have said - Orlando won't deal within division.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

My proposal was Lou and the Hawks 43rd.

Lou's contract is for $5.4 million - it would only save Orlando $2.3 mil as opposed to the $6.3 mil - maybe they are more interested in saving the money.

Orlando don't trade within the division. We are the odd man out of everything. 

Fixed: We our the odd man out on everything within our division. I would expect no less from Ferry or any other GM. People are missing Fournier's value IMO. He was taken 20th, only 21 years old, and could easily average 12 to 15 ppg if given 30 plus minutes a night.

This would be similar to us trading Schröder or Bebe and a late 2nd for Afflao. I would not feel horrible about that deal; but like you said, inner division trades don't happen.

Evan Fournier is only 21 years old. A good fit for the Magic rebuilding process.

Yeah, dude is pretty good and he's young. I'm liking what Orlando is building so far. 

• Moderators

You have obviously never watched him play ever

He definitely isn't anything special on the defensive end and he is a complimentary player.  He isn't a guy to bring in to be a difference maker or "the" guy.  And I've kept up with AA since his Pistons days.  He's a good player and he'd be good piece to put next to a franchise player i.e. Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook, but he'd be nothing be a cap eater here in Atlanta.  Ferry wants bigger fish than Afflalo.  I'd trust Korver to defend Kobe before I'd trust Afflalo.

This aint looking too good for the Hawks fans today, I hope i'm dead wrong but I got that "gut" feeling.

Lol oh you felt that too?...thought it was just me!

Yeah I hope to see a move or two tonight but if not all hope ain't loss.....yet