• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Orlando trades Afflalo to Denver for Fournier

That's all it took?

Edited by ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Since when was Jamal a top 5 SG. We had half of the members hating that trade when it happen. 

1. I believe there were some people who thought Jamal, at that time, was on the cusp of being something special... remember, he'd fairly recently had a 50+ point game for GSW (... and fwiw, it turned out, by almost anyone's measure, he was fairly special while he was on our roster).

2. I honestly don't recall even a few of the posters here hating that trade. I'm sure we could go back in the archives and dig it out if you'd like to pursue it.

Edited by sturt

• Moderators

First Asik and now Afflalo... The NBA is just killing Hawksquawk trade ideas from the left and right!

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It looks like Orlando's "afflailing" here, but I've learned my lesson after the Dwight trade not to doubt Hennigan. That kid knows what he's doing even when no one else seems able to figure it out.

~lw3

I was President of the "Trade-for-Afflalo" club, sounding that trumpet for months. Dayuuuum, the 'Lou + our 43rd' that I was proposing would've gotten it done!

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

I was President of the "Trade-for-Afflalo" club, sounding that trumpet for months. Dayuuuum, the 'Lou + our 43rd' that I was proposing would've gotten it done!

• Moderators

Aaron Afflalo was never apart of the Magic's future and maybe they're realizing that Oladipo isn't a PG.  Fournier will start at SF with Harris backing him up.  Oladipo at SG with Harkless backing him up.  And then Nelson with minutes split between Oladipo and Price as backups.  Now they just need to give Vucevic some help... Which they'll be able to do with Aaron Gordon or Noah Vonleh at 4.

C - Vucevic

PF - Gordon or Vonleh

SF - Fournier

SG - Oladipo

PG - Nelson

is a good young cast of assets worth at least 30 wins next season.

We got all this cap flexibility... however, Aaron Afflalo was just traded to Denver for potential and capspace.  Afflalo is the exact guy we needed.

Orlando don't trade within the division. We are the odd man out of everything. 

• Like 4

Fournier's contract is for $1.4 mil, Lou's is $5.4.  My guess is Orlando didn't want to trade him within the division or take on Lou's salary.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Probably surprised ferry that Afflalo was given away so easily to be honest.

I don't know what to say I'm sure ferry just isn't sitting on his ass...if he is we will find out very soon.

Not gonna lie. If our GM is surprised about the cost of a guy he should have already inquired about, Id be a little disappointed. 

But like you said, Im sure he has something planned...