• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do ya'll outside of Diesel really think we can get Luol Deng for Millsap type of contract?

NBASupes

I think there is a shot.

The top contenders have no cap room and he says he wants to win.

The Lakers are rumored to be interested. The Suns were rumored to be interested but drafted TJ Warren which may make them pass.

The Mavericks may come calling him....and there window is only 2 years max.

I think a 2 year $18 - 20 mill deal is possible. That makes him a FA again at 31.

The only way I consider Deng is if he has wrist surgery and the Hawks medical staff can examine it. His shooting has been off ever since the injury that he refuses to get repaired.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

The way I see it, the Cleveland trade hurt his value alot. He may seek a 2 year deal with us to prove to the league he still has it. So yes I think a Millsap deal should be something he should seek this offseason. 

• Like 2

I think he gets a 3 year 33 mill from somebody.

That is very possible but he may prefer 2 year deal to 3.

Getting that last contract at 31 is easier then 32.

That would be a tough decision to make.

Edited by coachx

Deng is gonna ask for at least Parsons money. And he is much older than Parsons.

The guy down by the underpass near my work asks for more than a $1 but he ain't getting it from me. Same with Deng he can ask for whatever he wants but he lost money turning that deal down. He's gonna be around 8 per. 

• Like 1

New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony hopes to make a decision on where he will play next season in the second week of July after taking several free-agent visits, a source told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports

New York Knicks, Free Agency, Carmelo Anthony

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.ROheBhgu.dpuf

This would be our chance to pounce on Parsons while Houston's eyes are turned towards Melo/LBJ.

In all seriousness, did anyone ever stop to think that Deng turning down the extension was because no one ever signs the extension (unless you're made of glass like Bogut)?  The contention may not have been solely on money but also guaranteed years, look no further than Josh as an example, he's making $1.5 mil less annually but more total over more years.

• Premium Member

Here's my reasoning.

Deng messed up with the Cavs.

His numbers can be considered inflated because of his Usage numbers.

Teams are going to have a very hard time trusting that this young Deng isn't worn down. (I don't think he is)

Plus... his shooting percentages from outside will turn off many teams.

Nobody seems to respect his allstar appearances.

BUT.

His defense is still real.  His offense is what our offense needs (we don't need another 3 pt shooter).  His character fits Ferry.  His work ethic will be a great example for our young guys.

SO.

I'd offer him 2 yrs 18 Million with a PO in the Second year.  Gives him the opt to prove himself and then opt out in the biggest FAcy period in a while.

Our offense can make him an allstar. Our team could win if he plays to his potential. He would have to respect the Hawks and our offer.

Otherwise he can go to LAL or Charlotte and be misused.  Houston is not going to look at him too hard.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Lakers are also interested, but that's expected.  Deng wants to win and out of the teams interested, he fits us the best.  Lakers are a project and is Kobe-orientated. Houston is ISO-Harden w/ shooters and Dwight cleaning up.  Dallas is the next best fit and is where I am putting my money on.  Deng is an improvement over Carroll because he plays a similar game to Carroll, only much, much better.

SO.

I'd offer him 2 yrs 18 Million with a PO in the Second year.  Gives him the opt to prove himself and then opt out in the biggest FAcy period in a while.

Our offense can make him an allstar. Our team could win if he plays to his potential. He would have to respect the Hawks and our offer.

Otherwise he can go to LAL or Charlotte and be misused.  Houston is not going to look at him too hard.

If he took a 1+1 deal like that I think it'd be perfect, even if not likely. 

I still think, without knowing, that we are on his short list based on what he wants. You know Korver is in his ear. So we'll be considered.

I think Deng is so perfect I've been predicting it/hoping since I found out he was a FA this summer.

Edited by MrNique