• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your prediction: What's next on the Danny Ferry agenda?

sturt

I think it would be a crazy situation for Payne to not come over. And Lucas is chomping at the bit to get over here, hell he may even pony up the money for the buyout AND accept 80% of rookie scale! In other words, we are looking at having 12 players under contract. Add in Lamar Patterson as a maaaaybe (near definite for training camp), and we can make about 3 signings of somewhat major players.

The issue for the team this offseason is not money or cap space based. It is roster spaces.

I doubt they match anything over $10M to begin with because that's an overpay and they've got Snyder over there now. Hopefully it makes them not match a $8-9M. Hayward would fix a lot of our issues.

I agree man. I think things have gotten real interesting for hayward and parsons. Hayward has become a little more easier to pry away because of their draft. Parsons also has become easier to pry away because of the rockets intent to make a play for melo or lebron.

Either way im excited because they were both at the top of my list. Either one would satisfy me.

FWIW, CViv says the Hawks says the Hawks intend on playing Payne with Scott, Muscala, Antić, Horf and Sap. Obviously you throw Lucas in if he comes over. I don't see that as feasible.

Well damn, I guess that explains things a bit when it comes to Bebe coming over. I feel bad for Horf. Another year as a straight up center. Ugh. I felt he might could split his time at PF for real this year. The Hawks really need to do something about this. Horf at C isn't working for his health.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

So that would mean the Hawks would have 13th spots accounted for and 9.6 mil in capspace. Patterson would be on a mid 2nd round payscale. Not sure how much he makes.

Both Mack and Scott could sign elsewhere and we can match. Possible with Scott, not so much with Mack.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

Well damn, I guess that explains things a bit when it comes to Bebe coming over. I feel bad for Horf. Another year as a straight up center. Ugh. I felt he might could split his time at PF for real this year. The Hawks really need to do something about this. Horf at C isn't working for his health.

To be clear, Lucas very well could come over. That's feasible. Having that kind of log jam at the 4 and 5 positions is not imo.

To be clear, Lucas very well could come over. That's feasible. Having that kind of log jam at the 4 and 5 positions is not imo.

It'll be a bit of a logjam, but it was last year too while also being more talented in case of injury. The more assets, the better. Moose and Bebe will have trouble finding playing time until Antić expires but they're both young and resigning Scott means he can be used in a trade.

Say what now? Look at this comparison of them at age 25, when Batum had 3 more years in the league BTW.

http://bkref.com/tiny/USil4

Looking at the above link the one thing that concerns me is Parsons' playoff drtg advanced stat. It looks like his defense really got exposed in the playoffs.

6 games is a really small sample, but a drtg of 116 is atrocious. He did raise his ortg to 118, but a net of 2 is not good.

Something to think about.

Would be interesting to see his regular season splits against teams who made the playoffs. I wonder if he's feasting on bad teams?

Looking at the above link the one thing that concerns me is Parsons' playoff drtg advanced stat. It looks like his defense really got exposed in the playoffs.

6 games is a really small sample, but a drtg of 116 is atrocious. He did raise his ortg to 118, but a net of 2 is not good.

Something to think about.

Would be interesting to see his regular season splits against teams who made the playoffs. I wonder if he's feasting on bad teams?

I dunno but that's a good thing to look up. Maybe compare against all teams that made playoffs last year and get an average. I don't have time for that now but maybe tomorrow or Monday.

• Premium Member

It'll be a bit of a logjam, but it was last year too while also being more talented in case of injury. The more assets, the better. Moose and Bebe will have trouble finding playing time until Antić expires but they're both young and resigning Scott means he can be used in a trade.

Last year, everyone in the rotation were not healthy at the same time. On paper it appeared to be an abundance of bigs, but it never worked out that way.

Since this thread is mainly a chandler parson debate this seems relevant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chandler-parsons--suitors-could-include-t-wolves--lakers--bulls--mavs--along-with-rockets-044847340.html

The Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks have primary interest in signing Anthony as a free agent, but also could chase Parsons if they don't, a source said.

But the T'wolves also have secondary interest in Parsons, the source said. If the Thompson trade doesn't happen, the source said Minnesota could attempt a deal sending Love to the Rockets and acquire Parsons in a sign-and-trade.

I dont see the hawks name but this shows that the market for chandler parson is extremely competitive so you are going to have to severely overpay him to even have a chance at him if the rockets decide not to match.

Edited by yungsta

It has to be in line with the other contracts on the team or it could upset the apple cart.  Agree that it's got to be high enough that Houston won't match. Ten sounds OK.   What did we pay Smoove and he was a knuckle head. 

Parsons is a great team/system guy. 

Here is my prediction....

Ferry will go after some big name guys. All of them will sign somewhere else and he will piece together a middle of the pack competitive roster fighting for a playoff spot somewhere between 4-8. He will then talk about how we are building the right type of team and be patient. He will then head into next years draft in the middle of the draft and take a PF or a stash away for a year or 2 type player along with a foreign born player to see if they work out in the 2nd. He will then go after big names in FA....wash and repeat.

• Like 1

1. Look at Deng.

2. Look for much cheaper guys like @Diesel boy Marvin if we miss on Deng.

3. Look at finding a system fit at PG to replace Jeff. Lin for example. 

4. Look at who to keep (Bebe) and who to send to Europe (Edy and maybe Patterson).