• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Passing along some info

DavidSomerset

When is Al eligible for an extension to his current contract?

This off-season as well as next season. He could get an ext now if he wanted to. I doubt him, his agent or the Hawks want to right now but next off-season, I think he will get an ext.

• Premium Member

The only way I agree with trading Horford is to get a superstar on the level of Kevin Love back here.

Normally I would agree with this but two years in a row with these freak injuries bother me. If I'm a rival GM looking at Horf why would I give top talent unless I know 110% there are no health issues in the future? Nobody knows the answer to that question and it's a gamble for the Hawks and the tire kickers!

• Premium Member

Bebe is going to be a player for us. Tavares who knows but Bebe should be much farther along. 

If that were true about Klay then he wouldn't be so highly sought after. He's a damn fine player and he'd be incredible in our system.

Not sold on on BeBe myself. Never played a NBA game. Heck he didn't even start overseas.

Not sure how anyone could be happy that we just gave away a 1st round pick to get out of a reasonable contract that only had 1 year left on it.

Something's about to happen. I don't know what, but something is about to happen. Edited by nathan2331

Not sure how anyone could be happy that we just gave away a 1st round pick to get out of a reasonable contract that only had 1 year left on it. 

Whatever way gets us closer to a championship I'm happy with it. Tavares looks to be the obvious replacement for Bebe and the Hawks have a chance to be a real player in this years free agency. All we need to worry about now is how to get a superstar in a Hawks uniform.

Something's about to happen. I don't know what, but something is about to happen.

We're gonna get a peck on the cheek at the door while the other teams with the requisite cap space are getting lap dances in the champagne room. That's what's gonna happen. 

IMO you just can't give away Bebe like this without getting a 1st in return. I could understand it if we had Lou on a long term deal but he's an expiring $5 million dollar contract, which is hella valuable in itself. 

We're gonna get a peck on the cheek at the door while the other teams with the requisite cap space are getting lap dances in the champagne room. That's what's gonna happen.

IMO you just can't give away Bebe like this without getting a 1st in return. I could understand it if we had Lou on a long term deal but he's an expiring $5 million dollar contract, which is hella valuable in itself.

I mean yeah I see Williams as an upgrade on the court compared to Salmons so I don't see why we need to include Bebe. But Ferry isn't stupid (or is he?) so he must have something bigger lined up.

re bebe, logjam at 4-5 and payne is much better.  wouldn't you think?  bebe hasn't really developed very much over time...

So you flip him to another team for a future 1st round pick.  Lou is a valuable expiring to Toronto now and they're gonna be able to move him for an asset. 

So you flip him to another team for a future 1st round pick. Lou is a valuable expiring to Toronto now and they're gonna be able to move him for an asset.

Exactly. Williams won't stop them from doing anything. Bebe isn't taking up cap space so his rights have value even if you don't like him as a prospect.
  • Like 1

So you flip him to another team for a future 1st round pick.  Lou is a valuable expiring to Toronto now and they're gonna be able to move him for an asset. 

Easier said than done.  Other teams have scouts too.  Maybe he tried to get a 1st round pick and had no takers for Bebe.  We can't be sure, but now we are in the market for a more significant free agent than we otherwise could have been.

Expiring contracts the size of Lou Williams don't typically land much of value in return, either.