• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe

Swatguy

I mean he can score the rock, but he doesn't play a lick of defense. Do they just think Smith and Drummond will erase everything? 

KCP, Singler, Jennings, Meeks, Thomas, Will Bynum? 

Thats pretty ugly....But hey. Maybe they can just outscore people. 

I guess SVG is indeed trying to recreate his old Magic teams using Drummond in the Dwhine Howard role surrounded by a bunch of shooters.  Also, careful putting down KCP.  According to another poster here he's the second coming of LeBron Jordan and we should trade Millsap/2015 1st for him.

• Premium Member

if we sign him and keep our curennt roster im done and have no clue wtf DF is thinking i said it once offer Candler Parsons the max so we an steal him . we dont need or want deng he is burnt out. all we need is 1 player and thats CP

Ok.

And what would be your plan when the Rockets match? Tanking because we weren't able to get CP?

Here is Monroe getting a triple double while matching up with DeMarcus Cousins. Notice his ability to move Cousins in the paint, post Cousins, face up and drive, grab rebounds and lead the break like Al, and show exceptional vision.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=__jOUY63dQQ

Edited by Dolfan23
Embedded video

Here is Monroe getting a triple double while matching up with DeMarcus Cousins. Notice his ability to move Cousins in the paint, post Cousins, face up and drive, grab rebounds and lead the break like Al, and show exceptional vision.

I like Monroe a lot on the offensive end. I'm just hoping his lack of focus and skill on defense is due to a coaching failure. I'd rather have Drummond but I think Monroe would be amazing in our offensive system.  He's possibly the best passing C that nobody ever thinks of in terms of passing ability. 

• Like 1

He really is a great passer.

• Like 1

I like Monroe a lot on the offensive end. I'm just hoping his lack of focus and skill on defense is due to a coaching failure. I'd rather have Drummond but I think Monroe would be amazing in our offensive system.  He's possibly the best passing C that nobody ever thinks of in terms of passing ability.

Damn I did not know Monroe could pass that good for center! Man I would love to see him paired with horford and sharp shooters like korver! Monroe's post game ain't half bad either. I hope ferry can land him that will be huge!

I'm willing to trade sap plus dmc for Monroe to pair him with horford.... That's a solid good could be great tandem! Add deng and ferry would be a genius this off season.

He has the athletic ability to play defense. He is only 24.

Athletic ability - yes

BBIQ - ?? I dunno

I mean I have to think hard to try and find another guy I've ever seen have absolutely no clue how to play team defense. 

Damn I did not know Monroe could pass that good for center! Man I would love to see him paired with horford and sharp shooters like korver! Monroe's post game ain't half bad either. I hope ferry can land him that will be huge!

I'm willing to trade sap plus dmc for Monroe to pair him with horford.... That's a solid good could be great tandem! Add deng and ferry would be a genius this off season.

I liked your 1st part but hell to the no about Sap and DMC for him. I'm on the fence that I'd ever be ok with just trading Sap for him vs trying to steal him in FA. 

Who wouldn't love Kevin Love ?

Let's trade Horford, Korver, and 2 1st round picks for 1 year of Love........without a center and hope and pray he resigns long term and doesn't get injured.

Or

Keep everyone and lock up a 24 year old Monroe for 4 years.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 4

Who wouldn't love Kevin Love ?

Let's trade Horford, Korver, and 2 1st round picks for 1 year of Love........without a center and hope and prey he resigns long term and doesn't get injured.

Or

Keep everyone and lock up a 24 year old Monroe for 4 years.

We would most likely have to sign and trade for Monroe too, not keeping everyone. Blazers and Magic want him as well. If we are trading for a big, it's Love for me.

We would most likely have to sign and trade for Monroe too, not keeping everyone. Blazers and Magic want him as well. If we are trading for a big, it's Love for me.

Love doesn't play D and doesn't play C. Monroe at least plays C and you can get him in a trade for a lot less plus have him locked up for 4 years vs 1 year of Love. 

• Like 3

I liked your 1st part but hell to the no about Sap and DMC for him. I'm on the fence that I'd ever be ok with just trading Sap for him vs trying to steal him in FA.

Sorry dolf but I doubt we get him without a sign and trade. SVG ain't just gon let him walk, he will probably match any offer and then trade him later.

I'm not all for giving up dmc along with sap either but this guy is 24 and if we make horford a happy camper now we could probably get him to sign another team friendly deal

Love doesn't play D and doesn't play C. Monroe at least plays C and you can get him in a trade for a lot less plus have him locked up for 4 years vs 1 year of Love. 

My intention would be to trade for Love after agreeing to re-sign. Neither plays defense though, and Love is the better player. Giving up more is fine if you get an elite player back as opposed to staying the same ol' Hawks wanting that 3rd/4th position in the East.

Sorry dolf but I doubt we get him without a sign and trade. SVG ain't just gon let him walk, he will probably match any offer and then trade him later.

I'm not all for giving up dmc along with sap either but this guy is 24 and if we make horford a happy camper now we could probably get him to sign another team friendly deal

It's hard to know what SVG will do since Monroe isn't his guy.  But if there's talk of him being moved for Ryan Anderson then Millsap would certainly get it done and then some. But if we really want him then we force the Pistons to match with a big deal that gives them cap problems in year 1 if they match. 

@hawksfanatic, is it still legal to do what Houston did with Lin and Asik and if so, can you do it in reverse so that the cap hit this year is like 20 million? 

My intention would be to trade for Love after agreeing to re-sign. Neither plays defense though, and Love is the better player. Giving up more is fine if you get an elite player back as opposed to staying the same ol' Hawks wanting that 3rd/4th position in the East.

It's not about giving up more.  It's about giving up A LOT more to get Love. A LOT! 

Monroe still has the potential of Love but at the C spot. He's barely older than Payne and has a ton of experience already but he's far from his prime.