• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe

Swatguy

What is his max ?

I think 5 years and $90 mill is the max that  Detroit  can offer ( same that Kyle Irving got) but I think the max other teams can offer is a 4 year deal.........Perhaps around $72 mill ?

Help @hawksfanatic.

Can't answer that until the Cap is actually out. It will be 25% of the "Salary Cap"...but that salary cap is a lower defined percentage of BRI than the other.

Basic ballpark estimate would be a deal starting right around $14m. http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

Can't answer that until the Cap is actually out. It will be 25% of the "Salary Cap"...but that salary cap is a lower defined percentage of BRI than the other.

Basic ballpark estimate would be a deal starting right around $14m. http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

So that $13.6 mill number posters are throwing around is pretty close to his max. $13.6 mill would be Milsap and Salmons to Detroit in a S&T for Monroe.

Interesting.

@hawksfanatic Can Atlanta combine John Salmons with other players on their roster in a trade ? 

Edited by coachx

So that $13.6 mill number posters are throwing around is pretty close to his max. $13.6 mill would be Milsap and Salmons to Detroit in a S&T for Monroe.

Interesting.

@hawksfanatic Can Atlanta combine John Salmons with other players on their roster in a trade ? 

Millsap alone gets you 13.6 million that you can take back in trade. 

Interesting.

I hope this clears it up:

Long answer? http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/528321

Short answer? Yes and no.

Salmons' contract cannot be aggregated for trade purposes, but this doesn't mean he cannot be traded with others. From the Hawks perspective, they cannot combine Salmons ($7m) and another contract to then take back $7m plus the other contract set to the 150% trade rules. But the Hawks could stagger moves and trade Salmons separately.

For practical purposes, keeping Salmons to include him in a trade is possible but holds limited benefit to the Hawks. The Hawks would want to trade away "cap filler" in order to bring back more, but Salmons cannot be used for this. Salmons could net the Hawks up to $10,600,000 in one transaction. So is there a target in mind? Possibly, but at this point discussing this would lead to waaaaay too many hypothetical situations.

Edited by hawksfanatic

How about a 3way trade with Det/Sac/Atl?

Atlanta gets Monroe

Sac gets Smoove

Detroit gets Milsap and Outlaw

Sac has shown alot of interest in Smith lately.

With Sac just giving up cap space and clearly attempting to tank by taking on that nightmare?  I like it! 

We shouldn't it's dumb. Millsap is awesome.

Pros:

Improve rebounding.

More length.

Better offensive post game

Allows Horford to play PF

We will no longer be the shortest team on the floor every single game

24 years old vs 29 years old

Monroe can defend centers better then PFs.

Cons

Worse pick and roll defender then Milsap

Worse at defending face up........but at center you do that much less

Contract committment

Worse jump shot........more of a traditional centers game.

• Like 2

Pros:

Improve rebounding.

More length.

Better offensive post game

Allows Horford to play PF

We will no longer be the shortest team on the floor every single game

24 years old vs 29 years old

Monroe can defend centers better then PFs.

Cons

Worse pick and roll defender then Milsap

Worse at defending face up........but at center you do that much less

Contract committment

Worse jump shot........more of a traditional centers game.

Good post. I just think its a lateral pick up at best. We would not be significantly improved, if at all. Plus I just don't see Al Horford loving the fact that we got somebody his size to play center. To me, they are both pf's...also Monroe reminds me of Othella Harrington.

Good post. I just think its a lateral pick up at best. We would not be significantly improved, if at all. Plus I just don't see Al Horford loving the fact that we got somebody his size to play center. To me, they are both pf's...also Monroe reminds me of Othella Harrington.

Othell Harrington is 6'9'' and never averaged 18ppg and 9.5 rpg in his NBA career.

I think a 6'11' / 260 lbs frame is a pure center..........especially with his back to the basket skill set.

It seems many of the people who don't want Monroe but want Parsons..........they are both equally bad at defense.

IMO the only thing our offense is missing is a bonafied post player to run half court sets through. Monroe solves that issue. His defensive analytics would be better at C then PF.

Edited by coachx

If the talent is lateral / equal..............then give me the 6'11'' guy with a post game over the 6'8'' guy please.

Othell Harrington is 6'9'' and never averaged 18ppg and 9.5 rpg in his NBA career.

I think a 6'11' / 260 lbs frame is a pure center..........especially with his back to the basket skill set.

It seems many of the people who don't want Monroe but want Parsons..........they are both equally bad at defense.

IMO the only thing our offense is missing is a bonafied post player to run half court sets through. Monroe solves that issue. His defensive analytics would be better at C then PF.

Good points. I guess his averages seem good but was he like the first option on offense for the Pistons? In the years that he's been in the league though he has never stood out to me in almost any single game. Either vs Hawks or another opponent. Also how come he has never been even considered for an all star selection even though the East has no legit big men? I just feel like something is off about him. Passion? Desire to win? Not sure what it is but it kind of scares me.

Gery Woelfel: Hearing a sign & trade package deal involving Detroit's Greg Monroe and N.O.'s Ryan Anderson has been discussed. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Detroit Pistons, New Orleans Pelicans, Trade, Greg Monroe, Ryan Anderson

Good points. I guess his averages seem good but was he like the first option on offense for the Pistons? In the years that he's been in the league though he has never stood out to me in almost any single game. Either vs Hawks or another opponent. Also how come he has never been even considered for an all star selection even though the East has no legit big men? I just feel like something is off about him. Passion? Desire to win? Not sure what it is but it kind of scares me.

Detroit is a bad situation.  He has only been in the league for 4 years and for the last 2 years he simply was not used right.

I'd like to see him on a roster that can actually show off his skill set. He was improving rapidly until Drummond showed up. There was no room for both of them to post up b/c the other cannot step out of the paint to draw defenders away. Then they added Josh Smith at SF and just compounded the problem by having less floor spacers.

I would love to see Atlanta with a post threat they could surround with 4 shooters. That is what the Spurs did, after all.

Plus.........Monroe has never played with an actual PG. Unless you consider Rodney Stuckey or Brandon Knight PGs.