• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe

Swatguy

Monroe has horrible defense against PF and C he is liability no matter what position you put him at. Everything else I really like though especially him being only 24.

Ain't gon lie Monroe defense is pathetic but I do think he can guard centers better than pf's...it's important to get a guy like Monroe though cause horford can move to pf and Monroe has good size and he's 24 years old.

His defense can be worked on as well as his offense game with a real coach like bud. I hope SVG don't match our offer if he is given one.

-Teague

-Korver

-DMC

-Horford

-Monroe

*Sap sixth man of the year guranteed...he may embrace a role like that.

That's a nice lineup and we would still have money to go out and get a wing that we badly need to attack the goal. I'm down with all of this!

Id be happy with signing Munroe if we were flippin Millsap. No idea where he can end up, but he's a very flexible trade piece

I hate to say it cause I like sap but if we are getting Monroe it's going to be a trade involving sap for Monroe....no other way around it! SVG is too smart and will match him knowing they can easily trade him.

So....

The real question is...is Monroe talented enough to trade away milsap. We desperately need a center and horford and Monroe is a very nice combo but we have things working against us....

-horfords health

-losing Saps ability to spread the floor

However at the same time things are starting to make sense. Payne was drafted for insurance for milsap as Payne can also spread the floor as a PF! So while we are losing all star milsap, we are gaining....

-a bigger big man rotation by adding Monroe and that is still talented by adding Monroe

-we still have a big who can spread the floor in rookie Payne

-horford I guess to many less likely to get injured at pf and that's a huge plus.

Offensively sap and horford are better and possibly defensively too but Monroe has time to be a 20/10 guy over this 15/9 guy he is right now at the age 24. Ferry's genius is showing! Check out this big man rotation:

-Monroe (legit center 6'11, 255pound man)

-Horford (our all star gets to play power forward...watch out NBA!)

-Payne (the rookie is an older 23 year old rookie but he has skills that can help the team now)

That's a very good start to a new big man rotation that will possibly be better. I would love a gasol, hill, or spencer hawes backing up Monroe and our front court would be very strong rotation this year!

Edited by JTB

That's right JTB, Payne was labelled as the most ready player in the draft. I feel DF and Bud knew this, they didn't pick him to wait for years to develop. I feel this was a plan in place if Monroe is pursued.

Trade Monroe for Millsap, move Horford to PF, with Scott and Payne backing him up.

Thinking about the touted trades, if we were to sign Deng and Bazemore who we have reported interest in could improve us vastly.

A lineup of Teague, Bazemore, Deng, Horford and Monroe. With Mack, Korver, Carroll, Scott, Payne, Schröder, Jenkins would be quite tasty.

Edited by Ryaan

I'd really like to see us make a push for Drummond via trade. If the Pistons are keeping Monroe then they'll have a ton locked up in their front court with Drummond coming due in a couple of years. 

Their not trading Dre' like we aren't trading Horf unless it's an offer with can't refuse which won't be offered.

Monroe SnT for Sap/DMC is ideal.

It depends on the cost but SnT Millsap/DMC for Monroe makes sense.

No not DMC too!!!!....noooooo!!!!

lol but seriously it's going to take DMC to pull off that trade?.....if so we need to get something back as well other than Monroe alone.

Monroe has horrible defense against PF and C he is liability no matter what position you put him at. Everything else I really like though especially him being only 24.

He is horrible on D. He's also is excellent around the rim and bad from anywhere else. Him and Dre are similar in that regard. I think he's a very good team defender. He seems to be fine when he had Maxiell next to him.

Him and Horf would be an excellent fit in general. Probably the best fit for Horf to play next to and he fits our system considering how good of a passer he is.

Sap also fits what they do in DET and he can create his offense which is needed in the D.

• Like 1

No not DMC too!!!!....noooooo!!!!

lol but seriously it's going to take DMC to pull off that trade?.....if so we need to get something back as well other than Monroe alone.

Considering the money we have. Outside of Sap, we don't have to put anyone else in the deal. It can basically be Sap for Monroe and we would still have money left over for Deng.

Considering the money we have. Outside of Sap, we don't have to put anyone else in the deal. It can basically be Sap for Monroe and we would still have money left over for Deng.

If the Hawks were to get Monroe, could they still be able to get another upper tier player to add if Ferry gets creative from a financial standpoint?

Just wondering.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

If the Hawks were to get Monroe, could they still be able to get another upper tier player to add if Ferry gets creative from a financial standpoint?

Just wondering.

Yup and more than likely that would be deng. Going off of multiple recent rumors the hawks seem to be tied to Monroe, Deng, Gasol.

Personally I think a realistic possible lineup for the hawks can be:

-Teague

-Korver

-Deng

-Horford

-Monroe

But that could just be me reading too hard into hard into the trade rumors.

Yup and more than likely that would be deng. Going off of multiple recent rumors the hawks seem to be tied to Monroe, Deng, Gasol.

Personally I think a realistic possible lineup for the hawks can be:

-Teague

-Korver

-Deng

-Horford

-Monroe

But that could just be me reading too hard into hard into the trade rumors.

Yeah, would not be surprised if it is Deng.

I heard a report that the Heat are also interested in trying to get Deng.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Ass much as I like Monroe... Is he really that much better than Millsap right now?

The only thing he has on Sap is age and his ability to play center. He's not good defensively either.