• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe

Swatguy

• Premium Member

Diesel, better be careful saying anything disparaging about Duncan.  Some on this board still think he's Timmy D of 10 years ago. 

No doubt Duncan was Dominant in the Heat series, but 10 years ago, that guy would take this guy to school and eat his lunch.

• Like 1

That's what concerns me about Monroe.  He's got a great post game on offense but his defense is questionable.  He's also got good passing skills.  What's funny, is some of the same people who criticize me for thinking Pau may be an option on a reasonable contract think Monroe is the answer in the middle.  Pau's a lot older, but essentially the same player with more shooting range and should be a lot cheaper. 

Now, if scouts feel Monroe could develop into an average or above average defender, then that's a move you have to consider.  I think if Millsap is the odd-man out on a S&T, then there probably needs to be a 3rd team involved unless Detroit is lucky enough to deal Josh. 

Surrounding him with defensive minded players (Horf/Payne at the 4) and he should do what Big Al did in Charlotte this year. Remember when Big Al was the worse ever on defense?

• Admin

Pau on a reasonable contract would be very intriguing.  It is his health that is the biggest red flag.

Pau is a great fit...however at this point in his career he is going to sign somewhere that will give him a great chance at a championship (or play out the remainder with his bro in Memphis).

• Moderators

Time Duncan still averaged 1.9 bocks per game last season in 29.2 mpg to Monroe's 0.6 at 32.8mpg

Duncan is still an elite defender even if he isn't at his former level.  He destroys Monroe in that area as of today.

• Moderators

Pau is a great fit...however at this point in his career he is going to sign somewhere that will give him a great chance at a championship (or play out the remainder with his bro in Memphis).

I agree.  I don't see it happening I am just saying that if it was an option it is a very interesting play and much lower risk than a long-term deal for Monroe.  You just have to go in knowing that Gasol could fall apart on you.

SVG can't force us to make a SnT. We offer him the max and dare him to match. If he does he has two players that don't fit getting paid ALOT of money. And one that is getting the max soon (Drummond). I would avoid giving up Millsap if I had too.

Even if he doesn't fit with Monroe, Millsap should give us a draft pick/wing or something of value.

• Moderators

SVG can't force us to make a SnT. We offer him the max and dare him to match. If he does he has two players that don't fit getting paid ALOT of money. And one that is getting the max soon (Drummond). I would avoid giving up Millsap if I had too.

Even if he doesn't fit with Monroe, Millsap should give us a draft pick/wing or something of value.

An unprotected first from Detroit in that S&T would be ideal if only Dumars was still there giving away their future.

• Like 2

The issue could be getting Millsap to agree to $13.6M.  Not sure where he is going to end up but as a young big it wouldn't shock me to see him over that.  There is really no reason to discuss Salmons in connection with signing or S&T Monroe.

Guessing you mean Monroe?  And that's not far off from his max. We could always give him an opt out after 2 with the promise that we'll max him out on his next contract. 

There is a reason to discuss Salmons as it's incentive for Detroit to give us Monroe in a SnT by getting them out of a contract. 

• Moderators

Guessing you mean Monroe?  And that's not far off from his max. We could always give him an opt out after 2 with the promise that we'll max him out on his next contract. 

There is a reason to discuss Salmons as it's incentive for Detroit to give us Monroe in a SnT by getting them out of a contract. 

I did mean Monroe and I think convincing him would be harder than convincing Detroit unless he agrees to a lower dollar contract in which case Detroit might want to try to match and dump Josh.

I did mean Monroe and I think convincing him would be harder than convincing Detroit unless he agrees to a lower dollar contract in which case Detroit might want to try to match and dump Josh.

13.6 million is nothing to sneeze at. That's more than he's made in his 1st 4 years in the league combined.  We are talking about a difference of roughly 2 million under his max and he'd get to play for a playoff team who with him would have a much better shot at advancing in the playoffs and he'd increase his value playing in our system. Let him opt out after 2 years and he could easily make up that 2 million per year difference.

I get the feeling that the media can just through around the hawks name in a rumor, because nobody has any idea what were doing. You cant be proved wrong if no one has the right info.

If I was an agent I would just say, ya atlanta has shown some interest.

I get the feeling that the media can just through around the hawks name in a rumor, because nobody has any idea what were doing. You cant be proved wrong if no one has the right info.

If I was an agent I would just say, ya atlanta has shown some interest.

While Ferry is sitting there at his desk chuckling at all the rumors. Hell he's probably reading this thread right now! 

While Ferry is sitting there at his desk chuckling at all the rumors. Hell he's probably reading this thread right now!

Didn't someone just say Ferry won't tell you anything? Which leaves these rumors to come from agents and the media.

It kinda sucks as a fan cause you cant trust a lick of what you read lol

Edited by Afro

I'm just glad we keep hearing Monroe and Bazemore. It means we aren't getting them. Lol. I keep reading Monroe to Gawks, Blazers or Magic, or Pistons want a sign n trade. You know what Detroit, just keep him. He can play for you and keep you mediocre and not play for us. 2 birds one stone. (No animals were hurt in the thought of this statement).

I'm just glad we keep hearing Monroe and Bazemore. It means we aren't getting them. Lol. I keep reading Monroe to Gawks, Blazers or Magic, or Pistons want a sign n trade. You know what Detroit, just keep him. He can play for you and keep you mediocre and not play for us. 2 birds one stone. (No animals were hurt in the thought of this statement).

True, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I guess at this point Ferry has chosen HIS #1 guy. A player he knows he can get and will make his offer. If he doesn't make an early offer, I guess he'll wait it out and try to get guys on the cheap. Win/win but we would all like to at least get one of the top, young second tier guys.

I guess at this point Ferry has chosen HIS #1 guy. A player he knows he can get and will make his offer. If he doesn't make an early offer, I guess he'll wait it out and try to get guys on the cheap. Win/win but we would all like to at least get one of the top, young second tier guys.

When you say young...........I assume you mean the RFA. Those are the toughest to get.