• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry has to sign a SF or there is a trade coming

Goots

You are probably spot on right here. I'm sure we will sign a Brand type caliber player for another center at this point. I'm still holding out hope for Deng but it appears it's a long shot now. Guess Thabo signing didn't lure him after all.

At the price Deng will demand now I'm not so sure we would want him anyway.  Deng will get overpaid.  Good for him.

Yeah deng is a pipe dream at this point since Heat will def overpay to try to reload

Yep - Riley won't let it all fall apart like CLE did when LBJ left...Riley is a badger..and he has teeth.

I would expect some work from MIA and a couple signings with the LBJ money (if Bosh hasn't eaten it all up)

Bottom line is - MIA seems to want to go down swinging - and that's exactly what they will do - GO DOWN - swinging.  Wade is fading and Bosh is no longer a "shoulder the load" type.  They will have McRoberts  and an aging SG and will go down swinging...likely in the first round of the playoffs - if they get there. no.gif

You are probably spot on right here. I'm sure we will sign a Brand type caliber player for another center at this point. I'm still holding out hope for Deng but it appears it's a long shot now. Guess Thabo signing didn't lure him after all.

Guess not.

And my rotations are loose. I'd expect right now that Thabo is first off bench at either 2 or 3. Bazemore will fill other minutes.

And I hope we do better than Brand. I'd like to see Antić pushed down rotation but I think with Brand he'd still be the lead backup.

• Premium Member

Wow you are crazy if you think you called me out. Korver is a poor defender period and always has been since Creighton. You think cause he played solid defense in one playoff series he is no longer a poor defender? Have you seen him play his whole career? Every team he has played on tries to hide his defense since it's a big weakness for him. You clearly don't know what you are talking about dummy.

You are kinda new here and I just have to say this: don't insult other posters. There is a zero tolerance policy on this site. You will get suspended or banned for it. It is more than fine to disagree with someone but there's no need to call someone names.

• Like 1

Not really. They can play some spot minutes maybe but everyone is 6'5" or less except Korver who can't defend anyone. I guess Thabo. We need another legit SF

Thabo is 6'7" and played SF a whole lot more than SG; especially back when Harden was getting a boat load of minutes at SG. Thabo is fine defensively at either spot.

• Premium Member

Thabo is 6'7" and played SF a whole lot more than SG; especially back when Harden was getting a boat load of minutes at SG. Thabo is fine defensively at either spot.

It also seems as if some of our posters no longer even think DMC is on the roster. Between Sef/DMC/Korver we pretty much have the SF minutes covered and with Kyle/Baze/JJ or Patterson we have SG covered.

Edit: DMC can also play at SG.

Edited by turnermx

It also seems as if some of our posters no longer even think DMC is on the roster. Between Sef/DMC/Korver we pretty much have the SF minutes covered and with Kyle/Baze/JJ or Patterson we have SG covered.

Edit: DMC can also play at SG.

We do have it covered; but I still want a upgrade if possible.

Wow you are crazy if you think you called me out. Korver is a poor defender period and always has been since Creighton. You think cause he played solid defense in one playoff series he is no longer a poor defender? Have you seen him play his whole career? Every team he has played on tries to hide his defense since it's a big weakness for him. You clearly don't know what you are talking about dummy.

Sigh...

Okay bud, prove it. Show me the numbers that say Korver is a poor defender. You can start with D rating if you don't have any better ideas.

Don't worry, I'll wait. Apologies can be posted here or sent to my inbox whenever you get around to it.

Sigh...

Okay bud, prove it. Show me the numbers that say Korver is a poor defender. You can start with D rating if you don't have any better ideas.

Don't worry, I'll wait. Apologies can be posted here or sent to my inbox whenever you get around to it.

I don't mean to come in on you two arguing but both of you are right and wrong!

Korver is a terrible one on one defender. You don't need stats to prove it, the eye test easily shows that...however korvers team defense is avg to good! He does a good job trying his hardest to help out his teammates, picking up on switches, challenging shots when in position, and just having his teammates back(s).

One on one he struggles. Team defense he's ok.

Edited by JTB

I typically stop listening when someone says "eye test" and/or tries to tell me they don't care what the stats say. Sorry, @JTB. You seem like a genuinely awesome fan but sometimes your eyes deceive you.

No problem that's fair but I'm sure most the board will tell you that Korver isn't a great one on one defender but is avg to good in team defense.

An hey I'm no expert but when it came to Korver and defense it's always been pretty clear to most. The eye test is definitely reliable when watching Korver play defense as long as he's been in the league...defense isn't a strong thing for him and honestly it never has been. He's kind of the "give all ya got type" which he does, again just not a strong defender. I don't need stats to prove that.

Edited by JTB

Larry Drew on Korver's defense:

“He may not be your DeShawn Stevenson type defender,” said Larry Drew when asked about the 10th-year vet out of Creighton. “But what he is: he’s a great team defender; he’s always in the right spots.”

Basically what I said before. Good team defender, terrible one on one defender. Korver isn't a dummy he knows he doesn't have the athleticism to be a good yet alone avg one on one defender but he does have the BBIQ to know where he needs to be in order to provide avg/good team defense...I credit Korver for that.

• Like 1

No problem that's fair but I'm sure most the board will tell you that Korver isn't a great one on one defender but is avg to good in team defense.

An hey I'm no expert but when it came to Korver and defense it's always been pretty clear to most. The eye test is definitely reliable when watching Korver play defense as long as he's been in the league...defense isn't a strong thing for him and honestly it never has been. He's kind of the "give all ya got type" which he does, again just not a strong defender. I don't need stats to prove that.

I want to say that korver has admitted to this during interviews.  

he will outrun anyone in a marathon but doesn't have elite run jump athleticism or strength.

You are kinda new here and I just have to say this: don't insult other posters. There is a zero tolerance policy on this site. You will get suspended or banned for it. It is more than fine to disagree with someone but there's no need to call someone names.

Sothron, I'm actually not new here. I've posting on this site for years but was gone last year and had to start a new account for some reason. I remember you.

And second so it's ok for him to call me an 'asshole' and names because he has 10k posts? Give me a break. Clearly there is no zero tolerance. I simply made a post and that guy comes in saying I know nothing and calling me names. Yeah I'm going to retaliate.

Edited by Goots

• Premium Member

Whether or not Kyle can defend one on one is really not the issue.  The issue is whether he can play our team defense.   I believe the answer is yes.  In the playoffs, I don't remember Kyle getting burned by his man.  We have a system now, where it's matchup dependent.  Imagine, if Kyle were being burned, us going to DMC. 

Bazemore is athletic and he play defense also. I am looking forward to the energy he brings.